Thread: calling all RK2 RP guilds and players!!

calling all RK2 RP guilds and players!!

Please make yourselves known in this thread!

*A slim, yet abnormally tall, dark-skinned Solitus steps up to the podium. By his side is an automated assistant, who is holding a rather large stack of paperwork....*

*The Solitus steps up to the microphone and begins to give his speech...*

I know you guys are out there hiding somewhere in Rubi-Ka.

It's time to step forward!

The Roleplay Community on RK2 has been dormant for too long!

Every day, every time I read the forums, I read and hear of things happening on RK1. A radio show. A tavern, complete with bartenders, dancers, and waitresses. All Player run. A police force and MANY different departments, headed by Player Characters, and populated by player characters. Motivated.....ready to make things happen for themselves. It is called initiative folks...the ability to make things happen without the proper direction. I applaud the Roleplay Community on RK1, they are doing wonderful things, and not letting the lack of a feasible 'official' story stand in their way.

Now it is our turn RK2. If they can do it over there, then why can't we do something here? Why are we content with waiting to see someone with a green name pop up to Roleplay? We should not need a green name tag in our midst to roleplay and enjoy ourselves. That is simply an excuse not to. I am not talking about everyone of course. I know there is a few out there who openly roleplay. Who create their own guild events, and storylines. I applaud them as well. It is time we made our own world. We should not wait for Funcom to dictate to us how we are supposed to act, or feel...or do when in game. It is OUR game. Funcom made this game for their profit, of course. But while they rake in the credits, who are the ones out there playing? Hunting? doing Missions? WE ARE. Funcom may have made the game..but Rubi-ka is OUR WORLD. Not theirs. WE hunt, live, party, socialize, and enjoy Rubi-Ka. Funcom does not. Funcom merely provides the atmosphere. It is up to US what WE do with it. WE should shape the story of this world. Not them. Besides, if we don't do it ourselves, who will? Funcom? I think we all can agree that they will not.

For the few that do create their own things, I know it is a difficult task. I am in the middle of trying to plan some things as well, and it is taxing my brain heavily. But it CAN be done. It is not impossible. Given what we have, it is really not that difficult, as proven on RK1. Yes, we could use more means of entertainment in the game, but we can also manage fairly well with what we have now. We have clubs, we have arenas....*"An official sports league would be interesting, Sir..." The Automated Assistant whispers into the Bureaucrat's ear.* ....errr...where was I? Oh yes...

We have Clubs, we have arenas, there have been ideas of a professional sports league tossed around on these very forums *Glares at his assistant sharply*....a truly interesting idea. It is ideas like this that can make this server extremely fun.

It will take work, but it can be done. The few guilds and clans and departments that do create things for themselves are a bit too spread out in my humble opinion. We should make things like this, RP events...storylines known to all. This way everyone can be involved in the storylines if they wish, or can simply spread word about it, it can be the hot topic of the moment throughout Rubi-Ka. I envision bing able to walk up to someone who is in any of the guilds participating in the event, and them to be able to say to me "Did you hear about those murders in West Athen?" even though he has nothing to do with the murders in question or the investigation. If word of these types of events spread around to enough people on our fair server, then eventually it will be accepted as the norm, a rule, a fact...an 'official' incident. Word of Mouth is a wonderful and equally deadly device. Do not underestimate it.

With all this being said, I say to you, the roleplayers of Rubi-Ka 2....

STAND UP! Make yourselves known! Let us congregate and collaborate in order to make this server an enjoyable home, with or without the help of Funcom! Don't use the lack of 'official' story as a crutch any longer! Band together! A whole host of minds, and ideas, ar better than one or two. Share your ideas! Make your best attempts to use these ideas!

I will conclude this speech with an Old Earth saying which was very popular back in the 21st century....

If you want something done right, you must do it yourself.

Thank you very much for your time.

*The Solitus Bureaucrat raises his arms in a gesture of motivation, then steps down from the podium. He waits patiently, hoping that another will step forward and offer supporting words.*
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Police Force on Rubi Ka 1?

We have a police force on Rubi Ka 1........oh yeah we do

Theres really no visible RP community on RK 2.
    /me hears crickets chirping from the RK 2 side of the audience

I hear you from the wasteland!

And yes, more should step forward and be counted!

Gloria "Earthchild" Washko, of Vox Populi

I have the same problem as an omni. I was in Baboon dance club last night and i was alone with a friend. No one shows up while we were there.
    All people i see are just running missions, team missions or hunting/PvP.
    THey never take a break to relax and have fun for fun. Im really desperate by this state of thing and that could be the main reason of my departure.
    Please, if anyone on RKII omni side neut side or clan side (who does not hate Omni) wants to do something else than mission mission mission , please, pretty please, give me a tell...

Im on european time zone (France).

Yookii

*a thin, young solitus in full biomech armor stumbles in, looks around then takes off his helmet and steps onto the podium. Must have been hot under the helmet, he´s all in sweat he tries to wipe off now while grabbing the micro with the other hand.*

"Sorry *cough* ... I had to cross some low supp gas zones and some of you might know, that neutrals are better off being fast there"
    *A bitter smile appears on his face for a moment; one of this smiles that make one look old ....*
    "I wanna thank Tahrus for calling, many citiziens of RK2 want more story, more RP, more player interaction and events. I am here to raise a voice for the neutrals in general and especially the Free Souls ... "
    *a beeper interrupts him, he grabs the headset out of his helmet, listens a few sec and replies:"aye, retreat towards Borealis ... put him in stasis, if you can ... I´ll be with you asap..."*
    "Excuse me, I´ve got to cut it even shorter ... we started contact with the 'Project Revenant', Shadowerine is taking care about that for the Free Souls. Additionally I want to name the 'Shattered Dreams' a neutral guild 100% dedicated to RP and the 'Rubika Asset Management'. Thank you for your attention..."

*grabbing his helmet, he rushes off*

*Tahrus steps back up to the podium*

Thank you all for your comments. Please let them continue.

Girdhaxxor is correct, there is no visible RP Community on RK2.

HOWEVER...there is an RP Community. It is simply broken into smaller pieces, unassociated with each other. We must bring the community together, and out of hiding.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

BUMP!!

and I'm gonna keep bumping it till people respond...

*checks his supply of bumps in storage....*

yep, I've got enough to last a long while....
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

*message forwarded to Tahrus by e-mail.

My clan and I are pirates of the wastelands. We kill, steal and fight. Sometimes we grow weary of the life we lead, but that life is our own. Some fight for freedom, some fight for their daily bread. Sometimes we wander under the dark skies of Rubi-ka, but the calling to challenge ourselves is always there.

We make jokes to one another, laughter is our delight. We mourn the passing of any brother or sister that falls in our arms. We are not perfect, we not pure. We are simply driven by personal need.

But we have one rule we shall never betray: respect those that respect you.

We are the Souls of Retribution. We are madmen. We are warriors. We are comedians. We are shadows.

But mostly, we're just looking for fun.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

unfortunately there are players who wanna RP on RK2....

But just no one from FC who wants to help them particularly....

There was an RP/event thread here about RK2 but nothing ever came of it.......

(as far as I know)
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Originally posted by Obergeist
    *message forwarded to Tahrus by e-mail.

My clan and I are pirates of the wastelands. We kill, steal and fight. Sometimes we grow weary of the life we lead, but that life is our own. Some fight for freedom, some fight for their daily bread. Sometimes we wander under the dark skies of Rubi-ka, but the calling to challenge ourselves is always there.

We make jokes to one another, laughter is our delight. We mourn the passing of any brother or sister that falls in our arms. We are not perfect, we not pure. We are simply driven by personal need.

But we have one rule we shall never betray: respect those that respect you.

We are the Souls of Retribution. We are madmen. We are warriors. We are comedians. We are shadows.

But mostly, we're just looking for fun.
    And fun you will hopefully find, If I have anything to do with it

Greetings and well met.

QUOTE]Originally posted by VonVolks
    unfortunately there are players who wanna RP on RK2....

But just no one from FC who wants to help them particularly....

There was an RP/event thread here about RK2 but nothing ever came of it.......

(as far as I know)
    [/QUOTE]

well.....I don't think we should wait for Funcom to 'help' us since they obviously do not really care. We should make the attempt to do things on our own, and make the most of what little we have to work with.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

An average sized female Nonomage sits in the back nodding in complete agreement. Her small voice speaks from where she sits...

I am in complete agreement. Seems to me the world has lost it's passion for the cause for freedom does it not. People seem to think of it as just a simple way of life forgetting what it is they fight for. It is time for us to stand.

Staura
    Lvl 21 Clan Doctor

Mysterious

*A mystical, yes funny-sounding voice begins to talk, heard throughout the area*

Ahhh, i see you people have discovered the secrets of great roleplaying! I have possessed people on the Main Dimension, so why not possess someone on the secondary one? let us see... Ahhh, this Frederick Dublin person sounds quite interesting, guess i have found my new body.

*A glowing cloud of greenish gas appears over the area and suddenly enters Frederick Dublin's body. Freahd's eyes change color, and an evil smile forms on his mouth*

Rubi-ka 2! PREPARE TO BE RIZZED!

*A rather tall, skinny pale Opifex wearing a Steel-ribbed armor falls through the roof and makes quite a crash*

Ack.. I hate it when that happens.. Been happening alot lately.. Well, uh.. RP? Oh, right.. On RK2? Oh, right.. It exists, yeah, but most of them are... 'underground'... Tahrus? Hm... Aqwatigerpus says hi by the way. Do you still own Fair Trade she asks.. Uhm.. Nono, I'm ok.. This is.. uh.. the second time this happens.. I think.. Anyway... Keep in touch.. Or something.. I.. I think I hurt my head..
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

*a big Atrox doc in white stumbles in*

Greetings all, there are a few of us freedom fighters left around. We've all been a bit busy trying to stay alive though. We need to band together and work as a group. Anyhow I just wanted to stand up and be counted for my clan, Sea of Change. Anyhow, there is a RP community, but we tend be introverted and avoid other clans. We've allied ourselves with Vox Populi and later Alpha Omega who were supposed to be pan-Rubikaans orgs but we never heard anything further from them. Let's work together and make a real impact in the ongoing battle (against FC as much as OT. . .)
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

For Rp orgs and events on RK 2 checkout www.projectrevenant.com

We have both Omni and Clan orgs dedicated to perpetuating Rp on RK2. Both Division 3 and Vox Populi are currently accepting applications, and are working to build a player driven story line, as well as creating an atmosphere of fair and exciting playing. There can be more to Rp than hanging out at Baboons, sign up and help us shape the face of RP on RK2.