Thread: Agent should have more nano usage and less restriction

Agent should have more nano usage and less restriction

Agent are only allowed to use the old nano now
    and with the lvl requirement thing agent wont even be able to use the new nanos even tho when Funcom decided they could

agent cant use alot nano already the adv form nanos (well @least make leet form cham usable) , the mp high lvl pet nanos , Ma crit nano , Engi warp nanos and shell pets - all those nano are the funniest and most useful nano in the class and they are even more useful then whatever already in most of that class. Agent dont change to these class anymore because of this reason soon agent will just stay as they are as more useful and more restrict on nano for each classes. Agent should be allow to use some of the more important one so they could use them more often but with a time penalty or something similar.

I am now a lvl 160 agent and i found it is become quite bored of the game b/c i have too many restriction unlike normal classes. And most of the agent would found that the most fun from an agent is the actual changing of the classes

Thumbs up <("<)(>")>

Originally posted by Wrongfeifong
    Agent are only allowed to use the old nano now
    and with the lvl requirement thing agent wont even be able to use the new nanos even tho when Funcom decided they could

agent cant use alot nano already the adv form nanos (well @least make leet form cham usable) , the mp high lvl pet nanos , Ma crit nano , Engi warp nanos and shell pets - all those nano are the funniest and most useful nano in the class and they are even more useful then whatever already in most of that class. Agent dont change to these class anymore because of this reason soon agent will just stay as they are as more useful and more restrict on nano for each classes. Agent should be allow to use some of the more important one so they could use them more often but with a time penalty or something similar.

I am now a lvl 160 agent and i found it is become quite bored of the game b/c i have too many restriction unlike normal classes. And most of the agent would found that the most fun from an agent is the actual changing of the classes

Re: Agent should have more nano usage and less restriction

Originally posted by Wrongfeifong
    b/c i have too many restriction unlike normal classes. And most of the agent would found that the most fun from an agent
    When you say normal classes have no restrictions you mean the part were I as an NT can cast every fixer, MA, MP, and adventurer nanon there is? Not for mothing, but if the agent got his own combat and nano abilities and then 100% of the abilities of the class he turned into why play anything but an agent? There has to some limitations to what the agents can use from other professions, if not then why play anything else. If the only difference between the lvl 200 agent and the lvl 200 MP was that the agent also had aimed shot in addition to everything the MP had then why be an MP. Maybe the restrictions are too severe right now ( i honestly wouldn't know), but don't say there shouldn't be any.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Long ago:

Agents: Weee, Agent is fun... I can fill in the gaps in teams!
    Funcom: OMG, the agent is useful! Quick, get me my bat!
    Funcom hits you for 5000 points of nerf damage!
    Your concealment has broken!
    Funcom hits you for 10000 points of nerf damage! Critical hit!
    Your Aimedshot has become useless.
    Your false professions have become good for nothing but buffing!

The agent class has died of nerf damage!

Funcom: Oops, we went a little too far, all the agents are leaving... Let's promise them fixes and dangle the thought of a patch over their heads as long as we can...

Many months later:

Agents: Where is our patch?
    Funcom: Soon(tm)
    Tekkor: Damnit, I'm not putting up with this crap any more.. Let's get out of here agents.
    Funcom: Woah there! Don't leave just yet... *We just payed off PCgamer for game of the year, it would look bad for the agent site to start bad mouthing us now*
    Ok, you guys win... You will get your patch...
    Agents: Finally!

Funcom: What do you guys want?
    Agents: We want some unique nanos of our own to bring to a team.
    Funcom: NO! You have the powerful false professions, you are suppose to live your life as a gimped version of another class. That is our Vision(tm).
    Agents: If False professions are suppose to balance us, and we are suppose to be in them all the time, then what is the point of even giving us the limited selection of agent nanos we already have?
    Funcom: ... Ok, we'll let you cast your agent nanos in false profession then.... But we are too lazy to recode anything so those nanos will suffer from the nano penatlies as your FP nanos!
    Agent: Then that doesn't balance us, we couldn't use the agent combat nanos before and we can't use them now because of the penatly... All it does it make it more convienent for buffing.
    Meta: Whhaaaaa, whaaaa. The agent gets to use our pets! *sniff*
    Funcom hits you for 10000 points of nerf damage. Critical hit! Your pets have been disabled!
    Funcom: Oh, almost forgot... We have to take away your crit buffs too... You will be getting a crappier version to replace them though.
    Funcom hits you for 10000 points of nerf damage. Critical hit! Your ability to self cast crit buffs has been disabled!
    Funcom: WTF, this isn't the agent's "love" patch... We are losing more than we gained!
    Fixers: GOD D@MN U AEGENT! #$^@#!, GIVE US OUR SHOP BAK!
    Funcom: We just gave them the fixer shop to shut them up for a while. Don't worry it will never happen again, we can't let FP become useful on us now can we?
    Fixers: AGNETS CAST EVERTHING BEFOR ME, NERF!
    Agent: You raise your nano skills 4 points a level like us. The only difference is that you guys think you can max your nanoskills without having to sacrifice other areas like agents do.
    Funcom: Enough. The agent will never be allowed to use another nano again! Furthermore we will continue to nerf their existing nanos into the ground until we have gotten rid of this whole FP line.

*Funcom then continues on with their Vision(tm) that the agent should be able to turn himself into any class... He just shouldn't have access to anything that accually makes that class worth playing. Thus, in time, the agent becomes nothing but a little rifle holder who can only cast the rejected nanos that no one cares about anyway. Because accessing these now useless nanos is so "overpowering", the agent is never given anything of his own either.*

That is the Agent's story,
    The End.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; Jul 2nd, 2002 at 17:12:50.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Long ago:

Funcom: Oops, we went a little too far, all the agents are leaving... Let's promise them fixes and dangle the thought of a patch over their heads as long as we can...

Many months later:

Tekkor: Damnit, I'm not putting up with this crap any more.. Let's get out of here agents.
    Funcom: Woah there! Don't leave just yet... *We just payed off PCgamer for game of the year, it would look bad for the agent site to start bad mouthing us now*

Funcom: NO! You have the powerful false professions, you are suppose to live your life as a gimped version of another class. That is our Vision(tm).
    Agents: If False professions are suppose to balance us, and we are suppose to be in them all the time, then what is the point of even giving us the limited selection of agent nanos we already have?
    Funcom: ... Ok, we'll let you cast your agent nanos in false profession then.... But we are too lazy to recode anything so those nanos will suffer from the nano penatlies as your FP nanos!
    Agent: Then that doesn't balance us, we couldn't use the agent combat nanos before and we can't use them now because of the penatly... All it does it make it more convienent for buffing.
    Funcom hits you for 10000 points of nerf damage. Critical hit! Your pets have been disabled!
    Funcom: Oh, almost forgot... We have to take away your crit buffs too... You will be getting a crappier version to replace them though.
    Funcom hits you for 10000 points of nerf damage. Critical hit! Your ability to self cast crit buffs has been disabled!
    Funcom: WTF, this isn't the agent's "love" patch... We are losing more than we gained!
    Funcom: We just gave them the fixer shop to shut them up for a while. Don't worry it will never happen again, we can't let FP become useful on us now can we?
    Agent: You raise your nano skills 4 points a level like us. The only difference is that you guys think you can max your nanoskills without having to sacrifice other areas like agents do.
    Funcom: Enough. The agent will never be allowed to use another nano again! Furthermore we will continue to nerf their existing nanos into the ground until we have gotten rid of this whole FP line.

*Funcom then continues on with their Vision(tm) that the agent should be able to turn himself into any class... He just shouldn't have access to anything that accually makes that class worth playing. Thus, in time, the agent becomes nothing but a little rifle holder who can only cast the rejected nanos that no one cares about anyway. Because accessing these now useless nanos is so "overpowering", the agent is never given anything of his own either.*

The End.
    Damn funny ^ ^

It's not funny, that's the sad part;(

I'll beh onest. I don't like that the agent trick is to just mimmic other professions. It seems like such a cop out. Agents should be their own class, just like everyone else, not just a mirror of the others. I really think that agents should be crazy powerful in pvp, and slightly underpowered in pvm. I think there should be special pvp rules that only apply to agents, and special quests/rewards for agents that more closely fit in with their skills et.

Let special agent only solo and team missions. Where the task is to infiltrate into a haevily guarded omni/clan zone, blast someone, and get out. Or to sneak someone where and get intel, that would really matter to the game. Or to acquire an item. I don't mean the standard crappy missions though, real missions that are thought out and not just randomly generated crap.

It unfortunate that agents get it so rough in some ways, but i still don't like the false profession stuff. I thinks its rough on the other classes and unfair to the agents.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

There are two balance issues that must be addressed about the agent.

- False profession.
    - Aimedshot.

1. For false profession, FC needs to stop jerking us around. You either give us access to all but a few things or you give us something useful and unique to bring to a team on our own. Nothing unique of our own and having only a limited selection of nanos (the best stuff not being in that selection, and the good stuff already there is slowly getting taken away) is unacceptable.

2. While I don't mind soldiers being as good as us with a rifle. I do have a problem with Soldiers, NT's, and Doctors getting 10k aimedshots about as often as an Agent with little in concealment.
    Soldiers are the masters of ranged weapons, thats fine, makes sense that they could be good with a rifle for it's regular damage... Agents need a serious boost over other classes when it comes to aimedshot, without it there is little reason to choose an agent over a soldier.

Long ago:

Many months later:

The End.
    waaaahhh waaaahhhhhhh! I'm an agent and I can't use every single nano there is, regardless of class restrictions! waaaahhhhhh! *sobs*

*continues to sob, tears streaming down his cheek*

waaaahhhh.....fixers have a grid that's FIXER ONLY....waaaaaahhhhhhh I'm an agent and I can't use the fixer only grid..waaaahhhhhh

waaaahhhhh! I'm an agent and I can't use all 3 MP pets, then use a Crat pet, and charm 2 mobs on top of that....waaaaaahhhhh.

bah. I played an agent, had fun without using EVERYONE ELSE'S nanos. if anything you guys should be crying for your OWN agent nanos..not for everyone elses.

better yet...give everyone else feline grace, and the automatic crit buff..

while you are at it, give everyone in the game Shadow Crown, all the nanos in the Ruse of Taren series....and grean sneak skill so that we can sneak 100% missions with no problem...

and if you don't I'm gonna cancel my account because FC doesn't listen to the players....

*sarcasm brought to you by the West Athen Militia.....join now and be all you can be!*
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Originally posted by Tahrus

bah. I played an agent, had fun without using EVERYONE ELSE'S nanos. if anything you guys should be crying for your OWN agent nanos..not for everyone elses.

That whole worthless rant was a waste of everyone's time, but to top it off this shows you didn't even read anything else on this thread.

1. For false profession, FC needs to stop jerking us around. You either give us access to all but a few things or you give us something useful and unique to bring to a team on our own.

Re: Re: Agent should have more nano usage and less restriction

Originally posted by BoomDoom

There has to some limitations to what the agents can use from other professions, if not then why play anything else. If the only difference between the lvl 200 agent and the lvl 200 MP was that the agent also had aimed shot in addition to everything the MP had then why be an MP. Maybe the restrictions are too severe right now ( i honestly wouldn't know), but don't say there shouldn't be any.
    You don't understand... there ARE limitations, other that there are many nanos we simply are not allowed to use. Even with the nanos we CAN use, there are the following limitations:

False profession line:
    -2000 nano init
    -25 all nano skills

Assume Profession line:
    -1500 nano init
    -80 all nano skills

Mimic Profession line:
    -750 nano init (I think)
    -140 all nano skills

As you can see, in FP and to a high degree in AP, it's not possible to cast nanos during combat. Even if you choose to do so in AP, you will only be able to use the lower level ones.

In Mimic you can cast nanos during combat, but only nanos A LOT lower than yourself.

That whole worthless rant was a waste of everyone's time, but to top it off this shows you didn't even read anything else on this thread.

oh lord help us all.....I read the ENTIRE thread, so blah. obviously you missed a HUGE part of my post didn't you? all you apparently read was the part where i insinuated that the agents were whining eh? so quick to jump up and defend your class ain't ya? for what? I've played an agent..i know the problems you all face...so how about you read everything in my post before you start acting high-and-mighty....

since you obviously didn't read the most important sentence in my first post, i will put it up again, in hope that maybe this time you might actually take time to read it......

*sarcasm brought to you by the West Athen Militia.....join now and be all you can be!*
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

I guess there were just too many "waaaahhhhhhh! "'s in your first post for us to notice the /sarcasm remark at the end
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Re: Re: Re: Agent should have more nano usage and less restriction

Originally posted by Atlavan

You don't understand... there ARE limitations, other that there are many nanos we simply are not allowed to use.
    No, you didn't pay attention. I conceded that there were limitations. I also conceded that they might even be too severe.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Sorry, couldn't help it. =)
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Do you ever get tired to rant about same thing again and again and again?
    Hell whit is give them damn ability to use every freaking nano in the game att same time when Fixer will gets alowed to hack away Class reqs from Nanocrystals whit only penalty if getting +5 skill req and cant be agent tag.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

The real problem with Agents is that they are impossible to balance. Once you get the agents to the point that Funcom feels they are balanced (and we'll assume for the sake of arguement they're right) you stop working on the agents and then balance someone else. Problem is, when you balance another class you unbalance agents, because they get the new things that class gets.

False profession is a poorly conceived idea. It really hurts agents more then it helps them in some ways. It would be a lot better for agents to just get things for themselves.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Agents are one of those neat sounding ideas that turn out in practice to be not such a good idea after all. Yes, you can play them, yes you can even play them well (with effort), but there are and always will be fundamental problems with them as conceived.

Red face

The problem is that the - nano init mod is is the same for every spell. Ideally they would give every nano that we can cast its own mod. For instance masteries shouldnt have a - bonus at all , nothing overpowering in this , and it saves some time. Nt nukes should have the full - mod , deprives and ransacks
    should not have the full - mod but it should still be quite high etc.
    I have no idea if this would be technically possible , but even if it could be done i doubt they would do it , cause it sounds like a hell of a job and they prob have more important issues , like that expansion thats coming.Maybe they should just remove all other classes , give agents all green skills , and take all -mods of FP 8)