Thread: Camping while in a Yalm?

Camping while in a Yalm?

So, you can't sit when in your Yalmaha (action not available). This means, if you're outside, you can't camp out. Obvious alternatives are camping indoors only, taking the Yalm off when camping outdoors, or using /quit instead of /camp. Is there any drawback to using /quit? I'd rather not be equipping and removing my Yalm any more than I have to, and I'd rather not go into a shop to camp....if nothing terrible is going to happen if I get in the habit of using /quit, I'll go that route.

I guess my main question is, am I going to bork anything up ever by using /quit to exit the game?

Yes.
    You get back in sit mode.
    Sit mode in a yalm disables the flying so you will be basically a running (and jumping) Yalm.

Confused

Guess I don't full understand you.....it won't allow any sitting while the Yalm is equipped.....I use /quit now, I don't come back sitting, I'm just concerned that sometime using /quit might create a problem (i.e., gamedata not saved or some such).

To be honest I can never be bothered to wait for the "30 seconds until exit".
    I've used /quit since day one and never had a single problem, sure beats having to get out of the Yalm just to exit the game.

That won't happen

What I meant with sitting is that you get back in the game in a sitting position.

Not if you do a /quit whilst in a Yalm.
    Well it certainly doesn't happen to me.

all safe

/camp huuh? whats that?

I have always used /quit.

In Yalm, sitting, standing, gridding. Never had any problems. Even use Alt-F4 or Close Window - always running AO in window for convenience

You can end up sitting in your Yalmaha if you log off after dying without zoning I believe. That's probably where you saw that problem.

The Yalm stays equipped when you die, but you aren't flying in it because your vehicle air skill is too low. You quit out and when you come back you are inside your Yalm sitting. You stand up then can't fly (you are walking in your yalmaha) till after you zone.