Thread: another bracer/rrf question

another bracer/rrf question

i been reading about everyone running around with 72% reflect by wearing 2 title lvl 6 bracers and having rrf on. my question is this..

where are you getting the 72% from? my crappy bracers don't reflect 13% of incoming damage, they reflect 13 damage total. same with rrf, it isn't a %dmg reflected, it is a set amount, 49 or so i think.

72% reflect would mean that if i hit you for 1000 crit, 720 dmg would be reflected back at me. actually, 72dmg is refected back at me.

after thinking about this for a bit, i realized dmg sheilds and bracers really don't need a nerf at all, they just need to do 50% dmg in pvp like every other weapon. if i'm wrong, straighten me out.

(edit) before you all get too far, i tested this with bracers and rrf and they are not 50% dmg in pvp, they do same amt. dmg pvm as pvp.
    Last edited by Alli; Jul 9th, 2002 at 20:10:48.

72 reflected back, but you get hit for 72% less damage
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Its confusing when people say it reflect 22% well it actualy absorb 22% but reflect 22 damge.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

It's not the reflect damage in most cases. It's the less damage you take as a result of the bracers. The person attacking you getting hit back is just a bonus and is really only devastating when you're going against an enforcer with damn near 200 points of damage shield damage.
    Last edited by Arinia; Jul 9th, 2002 at 21:57:07.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

tks for the replies, i didn't know about the absorb part but are you sure you absorb 22% and not just 22? i can't find anything about that in the description at all. i know certain items and nano's had a % dmg increase in the description a while back but that was wrong and the description was changed in a patch.

It's 22%. As for nano and item descriptions... heh, this FC here...

probably a hold back from when TMS was actually 75% reflect damage (in both terms of offence and defence)
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

get a reflect buff from a soldier...the best 1 is 30%
    read the description of the program in your NCU window
    dont see an actual % symbol do ya
    same goes for bracers it reflects a percentage but doesnt but doesnt have a % after the number
    if u still dont believe me attack a guard with the buff and see the damage u get then drop the buff and compare you should see the difference

the noob mite have been unlucky actually.
    There is bracers called "bracer of reflection" (which the number 21 for example refers to 21%) but there is also "bracers of shielding" (which is useless and only work as a damageshield reflecting 21 points of damage)
    Maybe he got some of those lame, useless, utterly craapy shielding ones.

lordbedwyr

nope, you're wrong bed, bracers of reflection do not reflect a %

my bracer of reflection 13, reflects 13 dmg. not 13%

Garzini

http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&nano=1&id=70311

Where it says 'modify target reflect XXX damage type' that is the damage being reflected away FROM you, ie 30% in RRFE's case.

'modify target maximum XXX damage type reflect' that is the MAXIMUM damage being reflected back towards the attacker, ie 49 points of damage.

The best way to test out reflection is a major attack, ie a crit, or a nuke.

To test it out yourself, hire one soldier and one agent.

Have agent crit you without protection.

Have agent crit you while you have RRFE running.

Compare the damage. Then you're done.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Originally posted by garzini
    nope, you're wrong bed, bracers of reflection do not reflect a %

my bracer of reflection 13, reflects 13 dmg. not 13%

It reflects 13% back to the attacker. But you notice it also has a "MaxReflected" modifier.

This is a holdover from the days of people killing juggernauts with TMS, because it really actaully DID reflect 75% damage. Now, the damage reduction is there, but the AMOUNT reflected is limited.

Get it?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I'm getting sick of answering this. They reflect 13% of the damage. The majority of this is sent into space, only 13 *points* of it is returned to your attacker.

The name of the things should be DEflect bracers.

As in if you get hit for 1000, with no bracers. Ok.

You get hit for 1000, with a 10% bracer on. You get hit for 900 damage. 10 points of damage is returned to the attacker.

In the OLD DAYS, there was no Max Reflected. If you had 72% reflect, 72% would reflect back into your face. So agents with AS were instakilling themselves on Soldier MK shields and the like.

That is why soon after, everything that reflected had a cap as to how much it can REflect.

Bracers and "Reflect" shields are now used to deflect damage done to you - Not to throw it on the attacker.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    The name of the things should be DEflect bracers.

Bracers and "Reflect" shields are now used to deflect damage done to you - Not to throw it on the attacker.
    Exactly.

I thought i was the only one who thought they should be named Deflection bracers..