Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 27th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    A question for Means. Why introduce the profession specific HHAB rings now when you are going to be re-balancing pvp? And do you have any idea when you will be doing the re-balancing of professions regarding pvp? Say 6 months or a year from now maybe?
    Ever think that the prof specific HHAB was part of said re-balancing?

It may not work, it may be done poorly, but it could be their idea of balance. (note: that doesn't have to line up with your/our idea of balance for it to be balance)
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is not the "balancing update". We are not trying to fix underlying issues within your class with one use action on a ring. Jamming someone else's NCU is a powerfull ability. This is a "situational" tool. If it turns out this is working as well as it should (or better than it should) it will be adjusted like everything else.
    blah

Introducing a series of upgrades to general use item that literally every profession is using, and thus making profession specific various versions of the item, IS a balancing or an unbalancing act, whether they like to call it that way or not.

Speaking of balancing...
    It would be sooo awesomelicious if I could transfer the carrier craft from my soli doc to my opi fixer to finally get a balancing strength boost...
    Omnis can use their gunship above lvl 200 to equip implants, but claners are left out when it comes to reach the strength requirements for symbiants on several breeds if they are above lvl 200.
    (below 200 it's at least possible to swap sides for a moment to get the job done)
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Introducing a series of upgrades to general use item that literally every profession is using, and thus making profession specific various versions of the item, IS a balancing or an unbalancing act, whether they like to call it that way or not.
    You could even argue that almost any change in game is balancing. But the point here was that HHaB upgrade isn't the said re-balancing (sic).
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    But the point here was that HHaB upgrade isn't the said re-balancing (sic).
    Means wrote that just 'cos the very same (pet) ring idea failed horribly.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

"In a survey a ways back there was a question about if we'd like to see an account wide bank added. Is something like that or a mailing system where we can send items and creds to others being considered?"

We don't have any immediate plans for implementing an in-game mail system or account wide banks. From a technical standpoint these two systems can introduce a whole new set of issues and would represent months of work. The coders are already very busy with new features and the new engine. The mail system I am not a huge fan of personally...as I like that people congregate together to exchange items/credits...it is social and nice to actually see each other now and then. I have played other games with these systems in place and never really liked that I could not see members of my org for weeks at a time..yet exchange items etc with them all the time. Travel in AO is really quick and easy...so a quick visit with your friends never felt like a "bad" thing for me.
    The bulk of the time I see org mates has nothing to do with passing items around. Instead it is when we get together to do something or for buffs. Then as stated by others there is no personal interaction with GMS purchases so how about at least adding a delivery function with that?

Come on Means, go get Melissa and make us some new engine, in-game, emote showoffs.

P.S.
    BTW, if you also put Red Dwarf salute in game, I'll stop trolling forums. I SWEAR!
    Last edited by Klod; Apr 2nd, 2009 at 20:34:25.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

BTW, if you also put Red Dwarf salute in game, I'll stop trolling forums. I SWEAR!
    This warrants its own thread in Game Suggestions.

Go do it Klod, I have my bump stick ready.

Be sure to include 2 emotes, the usual salute and his extra special salute for Hollister.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    This warrants its own thread in Game Suggestions.

Go do it Klod, I have my bump stick ready.

Be sure to include 2 emotes, the usual salute and his extra special salute for Hollister.
    I'm scared to do that. He might actually do this, just to spite me.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

P.S.
    Hell yeah!
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

P.S.
    I don't like bumping things, but this has to get a huge Bump! Not only because Red Dwarf is Uber, but to stop Klod as well!!!!
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 3rd, 2009 at 02:40:52.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    The bulk of the time I see org mates has nothing to do with passing items around. Instead it is when we get together to do something or for buffs. Then as stated by others there is no personal interaction with GMS purchases so how about at least adding a delivery function with that?
    I completely agree with this.
    All I personally interact with when passing items is my own self from second account. The best possible company, yes, but still...

Make it a family of 7 dwarves.... all with proper names and Nicknames of top troll'ers
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

"Target NCU window. See hostile nanos running on your target (with restrictions on which ones you can see)."

Fixers should have their NCU unable to be peeked into!

bump
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Funcom employee

I should have mentioned this week that April 10th there would be no Friday with Means as everyone is on vacation..even me.

Have a good weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

I should have mentioned this week that April 10th there would be no Friday with Means as everyone is on vacation..even me.

Have a safe Easter
    Verta 220/30/70

Good for you, you and the team have more than earned a break IMO.

Hope you don't mind though if I anticipate a total system shutdown
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Enjoying the vacation.

When everyone is well rested, please fix the annoying 12 man instance bug.

Not fair for a group of people to waste their time and effort doing the instance only to not be able to get any loot because it vanishes and then be locked for another 4hrs. Just a waste of ****ing time and energy and effort and it slowly start killing the joy of a game you enjoy so much. As much as you demand from the players, without us there will be no you, I demand the same from you, without you there will be no us. Xan was going fine, great, superb even until the 12man patch and everything just went to hell. I wouldn't, personally, mind the "Soon(tm)" policy as long as everything in the end works wonderfully with "minor" problems here in there, nothing to make you pissed off after wasting your entire morning accomplishing nothing!

/fury off
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast