Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 67%/33% Attack rating weapons-soldier penalty

Originally posted by PipBoy
    You know what needs to be done? They need to add some weapons that are Heavy Weapons only as their weapon req. They also need to add some assault rifles with Heavy Weapons as a second req that are at least remotely able to compete with the Nova (nm, competing with the Custom Heavy Suppressor). I'm also sick of them adding more Soldier weapons that have a f***ing 8 second equip time! How about adding a bunch of Nova-like weapons with really really short equip times.
    The heavy suppressor has regular damage as good as the X-3, and a couple .1 seconds slower.

The heavy supressor has full auto, burst, and fling.

The heavy supressor was obviously meant to be the all around gun that doesn't require switching out weapons.

The Heavy Suppressor does not require Heavy Weapons skill.

I was asking for more weapons that require Heavy Weapons skill, specifically ones similar in damage to Novas and have fast equip time so that they can be viably used with a Westinghouse and/or a Steiner.

I have to wonder if they are going to be making any more fast equip weapons. That throws the whole balance out the window. It seems, and I think it should be that the balance is like this.

Multi-req weapons should do the most damage, both because you are likely to have a lower atk rating and the ip cost, however balanced with that the Multi-req weapons is usually easier to equip earlier because of lower requirements. Example, a sol fire exec requires only 1he for atk skill but the req is 1036 in 1he, but the rider exec with is 1he/HW has a req of 851 in 1he. The combo weapon also does more damage after enough init is put in. One problem for this is that there isn't any weapons higher than ql200, if there were people would be really clamboring over getting a combo weapon if they had the IP and the implants were well situated for it.

When a special is added to a weapon it should also drop the overall damage on the weapon slightly to compensate. So that their is a choice for more reqular damage, or slightly less but with specials. The one with specialls would end up the victor in a fight, but then they also had to invest a lot of IP.

Now to take a weapon that is balanced to have a lower damage weapon with specials with a quick equip higher regular damage weapon just throws out any type of balancing.

IMO

Martin
    Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12