Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2 hour MP pets=finally lower reqs on engi pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    With AS imps?
    No idea. However AS imps and nerfed nanoskills are why I have a sapph bow and not a tiger or a carbine (I still have a right hand symb). A choice I had to make and found a middle ground.

That of course wasn't due to pet casting reqs, but due to casting reqs on new malaise/DMW/speeches.

ANYWAY. I say nerf this thread, and all MPs/Crats/Engies unite to have a global agreement to make it so people who gank pets/debuff pets after you die, get stabbed in the face IRL.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    However, a retarded argument against another retarded argument, is still a retarded argument. Come on Nick, you have a Crat, 30 minutes on Carlo is just plain stupid, given the amount of time it takes to stand around just to recast him. More laughably, the CEO pet, you CAN have a shell for...so the longer duration pet can be reproduced much faster after he goes away? Lol. Hell I've had instances (wanker pet gankers aside) where Carlo hasn't lasted a full BS.
    I dont see how its a bad argument to ask for the same fair treatment, especially if that treament was denied to us exactly because our pets, unlike others, are permanent. Sounds more like plain justice to me.

What seems more retarded for you: 30 minute on pet, or keeping up to 20 perks wasted in useless (for Engineer )nanoskills , and keeping a full bag of nanoskills buffing items to cast and buff pets for 5 minutes ,each time they die or buffs run out.

Correlating duration with casting requirements, is just silly, regardless of who is making the stupid argument, Crats and MPs included.
    It is, tell it to guys upstairs. Fact is, Engineer pets have by far highest effective casting reqs.

The aggro thing I mentioned, don't you have a snare/blind aura for pets that has an actual taunt attached, as well as being able to trim for high aggdef setting? Last Beast run I was at, an Engineer reminded an Enforcer to keep taunting because of "the taunt on my auras". Again if I am mistaken, my apologies.
    Lmao. There is a tiny taunt, but An tl3 Enf can outtaunt the taunt from pet snare , pets are unable to take aggro from anything for years, even with trimmers. Blind aura has a taunt but it runs on Engineer himself, personally i use it as poor man's mongo when soloing to keep adds from raping my low HP pets. Generally Engineer is propably worst soloing class in the game, compared maybe to Traders, and the best soloing setup is to equip a DShark, dont even bother with casting pets, and kite like a monkey.

Yeah.

Yeah, the problem technically is with SoTos, but it has the same reqs as Widowmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    With AS imps?
    And this matters, how? Crats and MPs started to using full control symbs exactly when?

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Actually, more like, 'Rihwen and Carlo are a bitch to get, yours are a bitch to cast'.
    What are you, stuck in 2005 or something? Biodome these days, is doable with 4-5 people , especially if you are a Crat, all those whines about Rhiwen/Carlo being hard to get are lolable.

I remember wiping there hard with 4 full teams back in day, but seriously, i dont know what 220 Player unable to organise Biodome raid should say to make me point and laugh at him even harder. Maybe "i cant solo Trash King".

FFS, just lower their cast reqs by 200 pts, make them 2 hour duration and unable to cast them if ct/cm/ci/cmoochies are in their NCU.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

FFS, just lower their cast reqs by 200 pts, make them 2 hour duration and unable to cast them if ct/cm/ci/cmoochies are in their NCU.
    i like this idea. they want lower reqs like the others, then put a timer on their pets like ours. maybe set it to 30min for the first 6 months. just so they really do understand how that was like.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i like this idea. they want lower reqs like the others, then put a timer on their pets like ours. maybe set it to 30min for the first 6 months. just so they really do understand how that was like.
    And make clicking a shell take 30 seconds?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Engineer pets already take 30s to cast, do you think the shells just spawn in their INV on login? The BS is the only place shells respawn and that was after TONS of work by our profs to get them to add this.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223323
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Engineer pets already take 30s to cast, do you think the shells just spawn in their INV on login? The BS is the only place shells respawn and that was after TONS of work by our profs to get them to add this.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223323
    Yes, but you can cast your shell and have one in your inventory WHILE you still have your other pets out. And you can pop them as soon as they pet dies (which is rarely unless in BS or Soloing).

Let's see a nice soloing situation, like a dyna. Let's say as an engi you have both pets out on the dyna with your widow agg trimmed and it has agg, and your healing it. You have the shell in your inventory. If it dies, you pop coon and spawn your second bot asap. Trim it and send it attacking and buff it to 100% before you ever get touched. Then you can recast another shell and start healing the bot again after that shell is done.

Here is what happens as an MP. Rhiwen dies, start recasting with 30sec cast time. During this time, the dyna switches between the MP and heal/mezz pets. Both pets get killed before the rhiwen is cast and MP is lucky if he survives long enuf to cast rhiwen. If he is unlucky, the cast gets interupted 29 seconds into it and he dies. If he is lucky, he cast the rhiwen, might get agg back on it and then starts recasting healpet for 30sec. By the time healpet is cast rhiwen is almost dead again and MP is almost dead bc he is a standing target bc rhiwen can't hold agg and mob switches between MP and pet...sounds fun eh?

Oh, and saying engi pets have crappy agg is funny. Properly trimmed, you can make your pet keep agg 95% of the time from the engi. So a enfo can pull more agg? That's their job lol
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

2 people hitting a mob with nothing else going on.
    A. is hitting for 2000 damage every 2s
    B. is hitting for 1500 damage every 1s

Which person A or B is going to draw more agro?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Let's see a nice soloing situation, like a dyna. Let's say as an engi you have both pets out on the dyna with your widow agg trimmed and it has agg, and your healing it. You have the shell in your inventory. If it dies, you pop coon and spawn your second bot asap. Trim it and send it attacking and buff it to 100% before you ever get touched.
    This is so far from reality, anyone who ever really play an Engineer will see you only did the whole thing in your imagination.

You have no idea what you are talking about, quit posting, thanks.

I'm really hoping anyone that attempted to argue here about soloing was just poking around, you seriously just do not want to go there.

If you had, like me for example, a lot of experience in playing all 3 proffesions, you'd knew for certain that when it comes to soloing, MP compared to Engineer is a Superman, and Crat is a God.

But i guess you already realise that, you just fail to come up with any real arguments regarding , you know, pet requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    This is so far from reality, anyone who ever really play an Engineer will see you only did the whole thing in your imagination.

I'm really hoping anyone that attempted to argue here about soloing was just poking around, you seriously just do not want to go there.

If you had, like me for example, a lot of experience in playing all 3 proffesions, you'd knew for certain that when it comes to soloing, MP compared to Engineer is a Superman, and Crat is a God.

But i guess you already realise that, you just fail to come up with any real arguments regarding , you know, pet requirements.
    That was just to say that engi bots can hold agg....had nothing to do with which was better at soloing.

I have given plenty of reason on why engi's have higher reqs. Aswell as 2-3 engis on here saying they don't see the problem.

You sacrifice control eye for something with AS in it? So do Tigress Mp's and AS crats. Which lowers their Nano AR so they have to either settle with not landing their nanos aswell in pvp or loosing AS items(which any decent pvp mp doesn't do). That's why top tigress pvpers use CSS/Targeting scope/aiming app/AS imps in areas where they could have more nanoskills to land their buffs. Trust me, they get it just as bad in pvp.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

2 people hitting a mob with nothing else going on.
    A. is hitting for 2000 damage every 2s
    B. is hitting for 1500 damage every 1s

Which person A or B is going to draw more agro?
    If we are talking about pets, the one with working taunt tools. In this case, engie pets.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

That was just to say that engi bots can hold agg...
    Which isnt true.

I have given plenty of reason on why engi's have higher reqs.
    You did, didnt you? None of them valid, most of them not true, and half of them nonsense.

You sacrifice control eye for something with AS in it? So do Tigress Mp's and AS crats. Which lowers their Nano AR so they have to either settle with not landing their nanos aswell in pvp or loosing AS items(which any decent pvp mp doesn't do). That's why top tigress pvpers use CSS/Targeting scope/aiming app/AS imps in areas where they could have more nanoskills to land their buffs.
    Dude, are you really trying to compare trouble with casting pets and buffing them AS A PET CLASS to random trouble with landing a debuff or two?

That's like saying to a blind guy "hey man, when its deep night, and i'm drunk enough, i sometimes barely see things too".

Trust me, they get it just as bad in pvp.
    Based on your posts, i dont think you have any idea what "bad" even means.

Quick question. It's been a few years since I played my 215ish engineer, since soloing aliens is so much more efficient on my crat... Did the changed pet/master agg rules affect engis as bad as it did everyone else? I do know that on my engi, pets were very reliable tanks, capable of holding agg much better than my crat pets ever have. Toying with aggro between the bot and doggy was actually an option, while aggro between charms and the CEO is just a random event compared to those experiences...

I know on my crat, no matter what I do, I will get agg. Wether I do no damage, low damage or high damage.. it seems to have very little effect. Trimming the bot and buffing him with the tauntish line gets him killed slightly faster, but charms are virtually useless when it comes to holding a mob's attention.

Oh, and before any engi/MP fanboi jumps on my back again, there is no contest between soloing abilities when it comes to the pet classes. MP and engis are taking home the drunken fat birds while crats have threesomes with steaming hot piles of lesbians. And cake. Lots of cake. For eating, not sex, that is. Though I remember this one time....

Though I remember this one time....
    Was it in boy scout camp?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quick question. It's been a few years since I played my 215ish engineer, since soloing aliens is so much more efficient on my crat... Did the changed pet/master agg rules affect engis as bad as it did everyone else? I do know that on my engi, pets were very reliable tanks, capable of holding agg much better than my crat pets ever have. Toying with aggro between the bot and doggy was actually an option, while aggro between charms and the CEO is just a random event compared to those experiences...
    Yeah, few years ago it was like that , although aggro was always swaping between pets and the master, but pets were doing enough damage to hold aggro most of the time.

These days everyone's personal damage went through the roof, and pet damage didnt, so you figure out what happened.

Engineer was also always building a lot of aggro because we heal pet ourselves and have taunts on blinds , its just that pets used to be able to outdamage those taunts.

======

I'd like to take this opportunity to /facepalm one more time at guy above who aparently is living in some kind of Wonderland where mobs switching aggro between pet and player is something specific only to MPs, fresh unbuffed pets poped from a shell can hold aggro, and Elvis lives and works for Funcom as content designer.

======

I'd like to take this opportunity to /facepalm one more time at guy above who aparently is living in some kind of Wonderland where mobs switching aggro between pet and player is something specific only to MPs, fresh unbuffed pets poped from a shell can hold aggro, and Elvis lives and works for Funcom as content designer.
    odd you say that.

but if he was wearing the right jumpsuit... kintaii would so look like elvis.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

This thread is now about trolling engi's with worthless information. (As if it was ever about anything else).
    Because Race Yalm

If we are talking about pets, the one with working taunt tools. In this case, engie pets.
    Klod you're getting old and slow it seems, before you would have attested attempted to fake the right answer.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154940 +90 Taunt, TOTAL 1st use not each use, this does not stack.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=88384 100 AGG, just like moving the little slider in the corner of your screen to 100%.

That is the whole of our working taunt toolset for the pets, the taunt on the snare does not work. (or else running around with it would make everything attack the pets) The taunt from the blinds is Engineer self only not pet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Klod you're getting old and slow it seems, before you would have attested attempted to fake the right answer.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154940 +90 Taunt, TOTAL 1st use not each use, this does not stack.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=88384 100 AGG, just like moving the little slider in the corner of your screen to 100%.
    Is this one working?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast