Thread: Nano Resist: What is everyone complaining about?

Angry Nano Resist: What is everyone complaining about?

I know this topic has been discussed numerous times in the past, but I'm starting to wonder how people still complain about it.

Yesterday, in 2HO, I managed to get my divest countered twice and my plunder countered a handful of times. The primary folks who were countering me were enforcers, who I hope were raging.

Considering that a trader REQUIRES that the divest hits in order to get up to par with other good PvP classes, I freaked out a bit when I had my divest countered.

So I decided to test it with an 170NT friend of mine, who has maxed nanoresist.

Out of 30 tries, he countered my divest 3 times.

Out of 30 tries, he countered my plunder 26 times.

Even when I had a divest and plunder running and my nanoskills were over 1k, he still countered about 7 out of 10 plunders.

Since there has been some discussion lately about roots and nano resist, I tried testing that a bit as well. I have a feeling that I've been really lucky with roots in my actual PvP experience, because during my tests, he countered about 10-20% of my roots. 10-20% isn't that high, but it's high enough that roots cannot be relied upon all the time. Especially now that my heals are going to be nerfed, I'm going to be relying on roots to stay alive and I'm rather worried.

If you have maxed out nanoresist and still manage to get debuffed all the time, you're not playing properly. I'm almost at the point where I feel like nano resist works too well. I should point out that debuffs that are 100% nano resist are basically supposed to be successful the majority of the time.

I also want to say that doctor init debuffs need to have its nano resist raised to at least 150%. It's crazy that such an enormous powerful debuff is a 100% nano resist. Yes, if I'm dueling 1 on 1 with a doctor, if he doesn't land the init debuff on me, he's in trouble. But if I'm in a group PvP situation, the moment I get init debuffed, if I don't run, you might as well teleport me to reclaim right away because there is no way I'm going to survive.
    Last edited by Alynie; Jun 25th, 2002 at 13:36:41.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

What was the aggro slider of the NT? 0? 100? It does count a lot, and not many cept MA fight with that low aggro.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: Nano Resist: What is everyone complaining about?

Originally posted by Alynie

If you have maxed out nanoresist and still manage to get debuffed all the time, you're not playing properly. I'm almost at the point where I feel like nano resist works too well.

LOL this is the most retarded thing I have heard. I have mine maxed and I have never resisted to my knowledge. How am I playing wrong? Please enlighten me.

Originally posted by Letah
    What was the aggro slider of the NT? 0? 100? It does count a lot, and not many cept MA fight with that low aggro.
    He was at about 49% for most of the tests. If he goes to full defense, casting a plunder is completely pointless.

And yes, I know that most classes don't fight with low aggro, but if you want to resist anything, you need to move the aggro/def setting in anticipation of getting debuffed.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

I think the NT had 0 aggro, I resist a lot then too.

My Epsilon Purge is 190% too, it got countered maybe once or twice ever, while I cast it a lot. Also on Spydervenom with 2k+ resist..

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: Re: Nano Resist: What is everyone complaining about?

Originally posted by Arterous
    LOL this is the most retarded thing I have heard. I have mine maxed and I have never resisted to my knowledge. How am I playing wrong? Please enlighten me.
    It does seem silly, right? In my PvP experience, I almost always land plunders. Even though I had it resisted several times in 2HO yesterday, overall, I've easily landed it about 95% of the time.

Yet, look at the results of my testing. 26 counters of out of 30 plunder attempts. I could have continued to cast plunder after plunder, but after a while, it became obvious that I was just wasting nano.

I was rather worried about posting these results because I'm afraid people will figure out how to play against traders and I'll almost never land a plunder in PvP against a good opponent. But, at the same time, I need to make sure that Funcom knows that nano resist does work and that they don't go and boost it like crazy and basically make debuffs completely useless.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Well, I usually am at 0% aggro when I enter PvP zone, and I have been plundered, divested many times. Last week for instance, I think it was Angessobre, Euphorie, and Voorg in the bunker. They all targeted me (pick on the weak one I spose) I was plundered, divested, and init debuffed, all at DEF. This went on several times and Euphorie hit me with debuffs. I don't know of ANYTHING else that I could possibly do to resist.

Originally posted by Letah
    I think the NT had 0 aggro, I resist a lot then too.

My Epsilon Purge is 190% too, it got countered maybe once or twice ever, while I cast it a lot. Also on Spydervenom with 2k+ resist..
    The chance of resisting a nano is definitely skewed in favor of the debuffer. It seems like the way nano resist is working right now, in a normal situation now a days, the debuff is supposed to land. 100% nano resist debuffs are still basically guaranteed to land. Try dueling with a trader who doesn't use their skill drains. The trader has almost no chance of winning, unless he goes crit happy for a while. It's when the debuff is 150% nano resist or more where nano resist can make a big difference.

I completely agree that debuffs are very powerful in this game and it is incredibly annoying and often fatal to get hit with a debuff. This is also true, to a lesser extent, for roots. Yet, if I get my skill drains and roots countered, I'm in big trouble.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Hehe

Aly....i resisted your divest remember?

I have 1020 nano resist with the little rage...but i was at 100% aggro...
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Arterous, divests and init debuffs are 100% nano resists. Your chance of resisting those are rather low, especially since Angie and Euphorie are both over level 190. Euphorie may have even had a divest or plunder running already. They are both almost 40 levels higher than you. You can't expect to resist their 100% nano resist debuffs.

I suggest grabbing a friend doctor or trader and going to a mayhem zone and having them cast a 190% nanoresist debuff on you. You may be surprised at the results.

Yet, I have to say that you're definitely not the only person who says that they have maxed nano resist and at full def, they still get hit with high resist plunders. Allibobba has posted several times how he gets debuffed all the time. I don't know what to say. Maybe you've just been unlucky? Maybe there is another factor involved, although I doubt it.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Re: Hehe

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Aly....i resisted your divest remember?

I have 1020 nano resist with the little rage...but i was at 100% aggro...
    Yes, I remember! Enforcers are probably the only folks who can resist divests and other 100% nano resist debuffs with any chance of success, especially if they are above 50% aggro.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

i had a light green trader mob in a mission land a plunder

i have 700 nano resist

hmmm lemme see at 190% resist thats the equivlant of 1330 resist

Take into account that the mob was light green it might have had about 500-600 skill

so i cant resist a single nano cast by somethign with half my nano skill

Your complaining that your nanos gets resisted by an enforcer who probably has 1200 nano resist using a 190% skill. Thats almost 2300 effective resist compared to your probably 700ish

Does that really seem plausable that to resist regularly you must have 3x nano resist than the other persons defense rating??

Alynie, Remember me? You got one off because some ****er casted a nano on me and filled me ncu .

BUT You did miss once when it was up.

As for the Suppressors omg do they suck, anyway.

Trader debuffs are -Stupid-

They should stay here, but something has to be changed.

When a trader only comes out of a building to divest/plunder, over, and over, and over, until everyone is hit and laugh.

They still have 3 minutes to sort things out.
    Same with doctor debuffs, you usually see doctors cast everyone outside with one and zone.

These debuffs should last like, 20/30/40 seconds.

:|
    Make me OE aswell.

Cant imagine a Beam user, high req :|

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Alynie, Remember me? You got one off because some ****er casted a nano on me and filled me ncu .

BUT You did miss once when it was up.
    Hehe, this may start turning into a thread where everyone who has resisted a drain of mine pops up to say hello.

Hmm...if I think about it, it has only been enforcers who have ever resisted a drain of mine before in PvP. I definitely have to say that once I get nerfed in 14.4, I'm not sure I'm ever gonna want to try dueling an enforcer again if I want a chance of winning.
    Originally posted by Cloudeh
    When a trader only comes out of a building to divest/plunder, over, and over, and over, until everyone is hit and laugh.

They still have 3 minutes to sort things out.
    Same with doctor debuffs, you usually see doctors cast everyone outside with one and zone.
    Well, the primary time that people do this is when they are severely outnumbered in 2HO and there isn't much else that they can do. I think it's more a problem with the layout in 2HO, than the fact that people have debuffs. The idea here is that they hope that people who are debuffed are going to pull back a bit or at least do less damage, which gives the people in the bunker a chance when they do zone out. It is rather annoying though if you are on the receiving end.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

I have done some testing with a level 110 trader. They still land all the time.. I am really really confused as to what else I can do. They ONLY time that I have ever seen any feedback in PvP is way back when DAV was a good place to hunt and Snarf/Wolfe were out there. I tried to nuke him and he resisted. (Snarf)

I'm at work right now but I thiny my NR is something like 700-750. And while i understand that Euphorie is higher level than me I was merely using that as an example (a poor one at that).

I would like to have just as much chance at resistance as someone does in critting me. That would be in a perfect world.

Just figured I would post my two cents in here.

I have maxxed Nano resist and two/three nano resist implants. I fight at all the way defense, plus one click higher for the added init bonus.

Yes, there has been a couple times when I have resisted a root or a debuff but the times that I have lost in PvP because they have gotten through are a lot higher.

I think the real problem is the way they did this crap. It should be very difficult to suck away the skills of anyone >= your level. Especially a NT or Doctor who has green and maxxed resist. For now, though, a trader can debuff anyone most of the time, except of course for high level MOBs or players.

I don't know, just my rants because of getting my skills drained then having to root and run.

Maybe MP's should be able to shut and lower nano skills, and traders should be handling the weapon skills.

Just my 2 cents.

Arterous, nano resist definitely did get a big boost in 14.2. I get my plunders resisted quite often during missions, when before they almost always hit. If you also take a look at the enforcer forum, an enforcer did some testing with a fixer to see how often they counter roots. A raging enforcer is a hard one to root, to put it mildly.

Since they did boost nano resist, and gave the enforcers a huge nano resist buff, I'm afraid of what would happen if Funcom boosts nano resist any further. As it is right now, with maxed nanoresist and playing with the aggro/def setting, there is a chance that your'll resist debuffs. If you are an enforcer, rage and you'll have a decent chance of resisting 100% nanoresist debuffs.

Piercingevil, Arterous and other NT's, I really do have sympathy for you guys. NT's are now quite decent at PvM, but still need a lot of help to do well in PvP. But, be aware that if nanoresist is boosted, you may end up getting a lot of your nukes resisted as well. I was browsing through some of your high level nukes and I noticed one with a 130% nano resist.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Yeah, most of our roots hover right around 100%, with a few heading up to the 120ish mark. The dev team has said that they know that we all wouldn't want nano resist to work because it would effect us more than anyone else. But I do say that, considering my nukes are my sole form of damage, it should be harder to resist. If one day I try to PvP and get my nukes resisted, (outside of when I tried to hit Kinkstaah and Wenzell as they are obviously much higher level then me at the time) I'm out of here.

Its funny how much I love this game, and how interesting that I will hold my account even when SWG comes. But if for one moment either is better then AO.. AO is just a different memory.

Luckily I played DAOC for 4 months and it didn't come close to AO, so I stuck it out.

Lightbulb Just a comparison ...

Just a comparison .. with other games where "nano/magic resist" is working .. and it's fairly balanced.. so you get the picture ...

in Ultima Online:
    (few commments: the most comonly used offensive spells are: Energy Bolt - level 6), Explosion - level 6, Flamestrike - level 7).

GM Magery/Evaluating Intelligence (100/100) vs GM Magic Resist (100/100):

Level 6 spell: chance to resist 54%
    Level 7 spell: chance to resist 49%

Spell resisted" means the damage taken is reduced. Maxed resist == ~ 50% chance to resist ...go ahead play around with resist calculator: http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/resistcalc.shtml

Current status of nanoresist of AO reminds me the 1st year of UO, when magic resist was not working. Anyone remembers mages chaincasting level 2 spells: Vas Flam,.. Vas Flam ,,,Vas Flam .. Vas Flam? And even magic arrow (level 1 spell) was deadly .

And please dont tell me in AO nano resist is working. My nanoresist is maxed 750+ (with aggro/def slider at 30%) and supposely I am a "scrouge of nanocasters" but as it is now I am [put a word used to describe a female dog in here] of nano casters .
    Nope and I am not resisting ... doing solo 50% missions I may resist a nano 1-3 times per missions while fighting green mobs. Hmm level 75 agent/NT/fixer can root me with the same chance of success as level 200 ...so please dont tell me nanoresist is working ... becouse it isnt. Also I do not mind not resisting nukes .. but non-resistable roots and debuffs are major pain.

Voyevode 195 ma.

Originally posted by Alynie
    Allibobba has posted several times how he gets debuffed all the time. I don't know what to say. Maybe you've just been unlucky? Maybe there is another factor involved, although I doubt it.
    Actually I tested some deprives/ransack on allibobba once.

My trader is now 112, I don't think he was that at the time we tested but still. I used plunder weak (which had 190% resist) and he resisted it 1 out of 2. My divest on the otherhand, he didn't have a chance to resist.

I also tried to root him, I fumbled the nano more than he resisted it. Even my lowest root, he resisted once out of several tries.

This tells me there is something wrong with the resist system.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.