Thread: Freedom Arms Pistols

Angry Freedom Arms Pistols

OOOOOOOOOOOOK lets get right down to it. These freedom arm pistols were taken out the game because docs, crats, and NTs were able to equip them and do massive dmg right? Or it's something like that......
    Now lets see..... the docs, crats and NTs are now carrying shotguns that do tons more dmg Great job funcom, i was stuck with a gimpy pistol stat til this last patch and now I'm forced to dual wield blades and look like everyone else with my Riders. When's the patch coming that'll pack in some better pistols. Maybe ones that aren't so slow and that pack on some good hefty fire dmg.

Re: Freedom Arms Pistols

Originally posted by KeisukeFD
    OOOOOOOOOOOOK lets get right down to it. These freedom arm pistols were taken out the game because docs, crats, and NTs were able to equip them and do massive dmg right? Or it's something like that......
    Now lets see..... the docs, crats and NTs are now carrying shotguns that do tons more dmg Great job funcom, i was stuck with a gimpy pistol stat til this last patch and now I'm forced to dual wield blades and look like everyone else with my Riders. When's the patch coming that'll pack in some better pistols. Maybe ones that aren't so slow and that pack on some good hefty fire dmg.
    Freedom Arms pistols weren't taken out because any one particular profession used them. They had an amazingly low dual wield requirement, basically raped one of the least protected AC categories in AO, and had too high an availibility for the amount of damage they did at the rate they did it.

Multi Ranged is a dark blue skill for a lot of professions. It never struck you as odd that so many players were dual wielding them?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

There will always be a "best" weapon. Why discriminate against dual FFA's. They were fun to use and looked damn good. Take them out and you just go to the next "best" weapon.

That nerf bat should NEVER have been swung. It's still a sore spot.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Originally posted by Paldorr
    There will always be a "best" weapon. Why discriminate against dual FFA's. They were fun to use and looked damn good. Take them out and you just go to the next "best" weapon.

That nerf bat should NEVER have been swung. It's still a sore spot.
    There is a difference between a 'best weapon' and an 'overpowered' weapon. Freedom Arms were implemented and removed during a time in AO when people hadn't really discovered the power of enhancing critical damage. And they were still damn near a required weapon to have.

When the jewelry making, treatment labs, and nanocrystal tradeskills were introduced I went and cleaned out some of my old characters. On one of them I found a pair of pre-removal Freedom Arms, QL 20 and QL 40. Obviously, we're talking a fair amount of time after their removal from the game. Know how much I sold those 2 guns for? 2 million credits.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

3927's werent that great. There were better pistols back then and there are much better available now.

Their multi range reqs were already raised before they were removed from the drop tables so that's not an issue either.

People are like sheep though; so they see everyone using FA's and they had to use them as well. The entire game economy was centered around FA's and sunglasses.

hehe

I have 2x ql 56 FA`s in my bags....and I`m planning a new character just to use those those lovely little guns. The Mulitwield is low..Fire dmg... good range....yeeehaw!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Angry

Hmmmmmmm... multi ranged was why they were taken out? Far as I could tell multi ranged isn't all that great, it just looks kool. I liked them for the fire dmg and that's all. I can multi range any pistol and do fast dmg if the skl worked so well.

the thing i liked best about them was that they looked reasonably good on your toon. my advents was dual wielding BBIs and she nearly dragged them on the ground because they are out of proportion. ...

I still have 8 of various levels left And I still use them for noobs I make. They were never overpowered - people just love to whine and climb abord the "nerf him so I'm a little better" train. We'll do it in the name of *spit* balance.

It happens in all games. Unfortunately.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Smile My thoughts...

Until the IPR I used two ql 66 FAs .. not because they are powerfull .. but for the nostagic factor. I also like the purple blasts of light. And a pistol using adventurer, I am sooo weak. But I'm sticking with it and focusing on becoming a good healer. Bottom line .. pistols are weak because of the low damage .. its hard to get through mob armour.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!