Thread: Funcom, stop "balancing" the game and start fixing and adding content!

Funcom, stop "balancing" the game and start fixing and adding content!

"Balanced" is always a relative term in MMORPG. Chances are what is balanced in one person's eyes is not balanced in another person's eyes.

I cannot believe how much time you guys have wasted in changing the basics of a profession after the game has been out for so long: Take out MA's crt buff, Gimp Traders heals, OMG. People made their characters and picked their professions based on what they were when they first started. Then you totally changed it.

That is not balancing. That is chaos.

Please, spend some time putting out some content and make leveling past 100 fun.

Please, fix all those darn bugs.

Spend your energy where it is needed.
    Janella "Zindi" Catt
    Trader, Rubi-Ka 2

Fixing the game balance is just as essential as adding content, if not more so - there are almost certainly more players below 75 than above it, so Funcom has to balance the classes before adding content, otherwise they will only have to go back through again and fix the added content after each class balance.

In the long run, it is actually quicker this way.
    Kaskin
    -----------------
    No cookie cutter level limits!

Originally posted by Kaskin
    Fixing the game balance is just as essential as adding content, if not more so - there are almost certainly more players below 75 than above it, so Funcom has to balance the classes before adding content, otherwise they will only have to go back through again and fix the added content after each class balance.

In the long run, it is actually quicker this way.

Yeah... Don't you know that when I play Diablo I like to make sure the Mechanics are Well Balanced.... Oh' wait. This isn't Diablo is it?

C'mon the only REAL reason People worry about Game Mechanics is because there is NOTHING elso to worry about!!

THIS GAME NEEDS ACTION!!!!!!!

I still don't see the imbalances that are screamed about that are causing the game to stagnate for months and months as they fiddle with how your character works.

Finally 14.4 looks like something will finally be added to the game.

Screw the balancing. Keep the game interesting. That's what I think.

hrmmm

k....
    Last edited by Narchy; Jun 23rd, 2002 at 08:18:12.

I agree, why balance classes? Each class *should* have unique traits, not all be the same. I find it stupid that people believe that their Doctor should be able to kill a Soldier or Enforcer. that's almost like sending a Tug boat against a Naval Frigate.

I chose my class because I like what they do, not how good they will be in pvp.
    EF.

Of course he wants more content he's a trader who has been one of the top/balanced classes since the game started he doesn't have to put up with the same BS that a few of the other classes do. If he was a different class which was not as "balanced" he would be wanting balance before he would want content patches.

Don't underestimate those tugboats, they can be vicious when cornered.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

I have to agree with EarthForce (fine looking chap under your name too ) - Not all classes should be balanced in PvP, it should be ruled by the soldiers and other heavy hitters; it shouldn't be equal for all classes.
    I too chose my charecter because what they do sounded good (be an MA, beat things up! "yeah, sounds good to me!")

I do wonder what some of these "balances" are for... was the whole Trader heal issue really needed? was it absolutly *essential* that is was done? of course not!

I, for one, don't want certain (sometimes unimportant) things tweaked in the game, I would like NEW stuff to be PUT IN; variety is the ****e of life of course.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Yep, give us content, not "Balancing".

Not all classes should be "balanced". A Crat should never be as good at fighting as a soldier. Nobody should be as valuable to a team as a Doc. Nobody should be able to keep up with an adventurer in the woods. And no two professions should be equally good at anything.

BUT, we ALL need interesting and unique things to do where our profs skill particularly shine. Give us our balance by giving us CONTENT that uses our abilities. Balance is having lots to do that you do well, not being able to solo orange mobs as a fixer as well as an enforcer does.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"