Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dual Weilding has **NO** advantage! Funcom's MR changes ruined dual weilding!

Gene13

Never tell me to shut up! Before I post any proof of the damage I do I'll be expecting an apology from you.

I wish we could get an answer on this from Funcom. I ema we are in two camps here and Funcom devs giving an answer on this would make us all the better players for that, or have funcom fix this if its broken.

Phinger 187 NT
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Originally posted by spaztic
    Gene13
    Never tell me to shut up! Before I post any proof of the damage I do I'll be expecting an apology from you.
    Spaztic,
    I apologize for telling you to shut up. Could you please post some numbers that supports your previous post. Thanks.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Thank you Gene13,
    I'd like to cut and past the actuall chat log if I could. Does anyone know how to save the chat log? or even if it is possible? Otherwise I'll have to type it all out.

PS since I'm at work. I wont be able to post the data until tonight (about 10 hours from now). so be patient please.

Not sure where you get your information

I may be repeating something someone said but i don't have the time to read thru 5 pages of flaming back and forth over MR working or not. I have 2 points to make.
    1. Unless you are a OE person (I don't do it) you CAN carry the Same QL pistols. My Adventurer has had the same QL pistols for some time. And has 4 more pairs in the bank. BBI "Un"Faithfulls and HSR Explorers.
    2. You do more damage with 2 pistols then with one. Now I am very sorry you feel you should do more damage then you do BUT the fact remains that you do more damage with two weapons then one.

You want to test the theory? Go grab 2 HSR Explorers (at the same QL, which is possiable) and see how much damage you can do in 30 seconds.

I think there are more important things for FC to fix then making MR hit faster and harder. Like the trade problem in shops, The NoName items in banks and packs, The fact that unless you have NO nanopool you would be crazy to get a coat instead of tank armor lol. My NT wouldn't dream of taking of his Sempis Coat before 14.2 but now I am a tank armor wearing fool. Whats 19% increase with all my decrease cost buffs hell it's like normal. My nanopool is higher then my HP i can spend a little extra Nano for all that extra AC.

PUT A CUSTOMIZED DESERT REET IN YOUR OFFHAND!!!!!

it will solve all your problems

Originally posted by Borrace
    PUT A CUSTOMIZED DESERT REET IN YOUR OFFHAND!!!!!

it will solve all your problems
    I'd love to, where do I get one?

OK i wish there was a way to save the chat window for this, but I don't know of one. so please bear with me as I've had a few beers and my typing may be atrotious.

Also please note that each group of 2 lines of damage is from a single gun. I'll identify them by MG for main gun and SG for secondary gun.

attacked by novice contract killer...
    attacking novice contract killer...

you hit novice contrack killer for 208 burst damage. SG

your reflect shield hit novice contract killer for 4 points of damage novice contract killer hit you for 40 points of projectile damage

you hit novice contract killer for 90 points of flingshot damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 94 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 109 points of projectile damage MG

your reflect shield hit novice contract killer for 4 points of damage novice contract killer hit you for 40 points of projectile damage

you hit novice contract killer for 47 points of projectile damage SG
    you hit novice contract killer for 96 points of projectile damage SG

you hit novice contract killer for 41 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 83 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 35 points of projectile damage SG
    you hit novice contract killer for 106 points of projectile damage SG

you hit novice contract killer for 98 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 33 points of projectile damage MG

flingshot available...

you hit novice contract killer for 30 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 55 points of projectile damage MG

you hit novice contract killer for 82 points of projectile damage SG
    you hit novice contract killer for 48 points of projectile damage SG

novice contract killer forces your NCU to run brief interogation
    action failed: weapon is out of ammo...
    reloading...

you hit novice contract killer for 67 points of flingshot damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 86 points of projectile damage SG
    you hit novice contract killer for 63 points of projectile damage SG

nanoprogran brief interogation terminated...

you hit novice contract killer for 53 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 87 points of projectile damage MG
    you hit novice contract killer for 76 points of projectile damage SG
    you hit novice contract killer for 94 points of projectile damage SG

you recieve 1095xp
    you can loot these remains..
    burst skill is now available..

Crtl-C will copy what's in your chatwindow.

LOOTER 73.3%
    THIEF 46.7%
    SCAMMER 40.0%
    KILLER 40.0%

Neutrals of Rubi-Ka ¤ Neutral locations - by RoboKa

Spaztic,

What I would like to see is four series of shots during a set period of time, 40 s or whatever you can without having to reload.

One with single gun and one with dual guns with battle-suit, one with single gun and one with dual guns without battle suit. No flinging, no bursting, no reloading.

If you don't PvP I'd also like to know your RI and MR skills.

And if there is a difference in atk/recharge speed on your pistols I'd alxo like to know that.

I've never seen a gun that goes right-right-left-left-right-right-... before, but that's not what I'm interested in. I just want to know if you can shot with double RoF and if that is somehow related to you wearing a battle suit. I believe the method described above will show if that is the case.
    If anyone sees anyproblem with this way of testing it please correct me where I am wrong.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Sure G13,
    I'll try those tests this evening.
    here are the guns I'll be using

Main hand: http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=123481 ql68

secondary hand: http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=123873 ql65

The only problem is I don't have a set of armor (other than an old set of QL40 omni pol....perhaps that will do).

G13 perhaps you would like to come along to help with this test. I'll most likely be doing it in Lush Fields resort. I wouldn't mind having someone doing the timing. as I don't have a clock with a second hand available.

Originally posted by Gene13
    Spaztic,

What I would like to see is four series of shots during a set period of time, 40 s or whatever you can without having to reload.

One with single gun and one with dual guns with battle-suit, one with single gun and one with dual guns without battle suit. No flinging, no bursting, no reloading.

If you don't PvP I'd also like to know your RI and MR skills.

And if there is a difference in atk/recharge speed on your pistols I'd alxo like to know that.

I've never seen a gun that goes right-right-left-left-right-right-... before, but that's not what I'm interested in. I just want to know if you can shot with double RoF and if that is somehow related to you wearing a battle suit. I believe the method described above will show if that is the case.
    If anyone sees anyproblem with this way of testing it please correct me where I am wrong.

/G13
    I've tested this before. With a battle suit you do not shoot 2x as many shots. All that happens is because of the delay in attack time, you sometimes get no shot when you should have only for it to show up along with the next shot you fire.

lucid,
    if that were the case then why is there 2 shots from the first gun then 2 shots from the second gun? I know its 2x2. Back when I had a El deiu in one hand and a desert reet in the other I would see the damage in this order:

you hit enemy for xx cold damage
    you hit enemy for xx cold damage
    you hit enemy for xx chemical damage
    you hit enemy for xx chemical damage

I would see that every time i fired (single shot) each gun. I'd like to have a volonteer help & witness this. I'll try to conduct these tests in about 1 1/2 hours (9:00pm edt)

The Freedom Arms 4200 does drop as boss loot i think as thats where i got mine.I havent seen another since i was lvl 7 and thats the ql 4200 i have.Im lvl 85 now.They seem to be as rare as nullity or summon ga.
    If the pistols work for you and you happy with them is all that matters.

Angry Bye bye pistols

I'll never hold another pistol again. Take them out the game, they $uck period, get yourself a shotgun and come to the darkside with everyone else. I think funcom likes everyone looking the same and holding the same weapons. So get a hammer or a beam or a vek! It's the only way you'll do dmg that you like. Well, there are other ways but hopefully you get my point.

FREEDOM ARMS WHERE ARE YOU!!!? SAVE MY GIMMPY PISTOL STATS!!!

Talking Soldier Pistols

I just started using IMI Tellus TT pistols...a new soldier only pistol that is found in sealed weapons receptacles from team missions only. The multi ranged reqs aren't that bad. Right now at level 92, I'm using a ql125 and a ql95 and my multi ranged isn't even maxed yet. The multi ranged req for the 125 is like 540. I have 398 with my bar only 3/4 full and wearing ql90 plants (I know, I'm behind in the implant race). What I do know is that I'm out damaging my ql148 Nova flow that I used to use by FAR. In team missions before with 2 lvl 90 MA's running crit buffs and an lvl 80 Enforcer in group I was hard pressed to keep aggro. Now, its not a problem. I might lose it once if I have a bad dmg run. So, I may be mad cuz I lost IP from that stupid IPR visual bug, but I'm still happy with my new weapons.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=30978
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

I didn't bother to read the whole post, so I'm not sure if this is said already, but:

Right now there are single handed weapons that do damage equal to some of the best two handed weapons. If you were to do double damage by dual wielding theese, then things would clearly get out of hand, as you would be doing twice the damage of other people.

And don't bring ip into this. For an adventurer to raise pistol, fling and multi probably takes less ip than it takes for most other professions to raise the skills required for two handed weapons with equal damage.

The benefits of multi is:
    - it looks cool
    - you do slightly more damage than you would do with only one weapon
    - you can have different weapons in each hand, allowing different damage types, different specials, or steady damage/heavy crit combo etc.

The penalty is:
    - Raising one extra skill that might even cost less than the extra skills you might need to use comparable 2 handed weapons.

Okay we are all talkin about "GUNS" here so Here it comes from a melee.

Now, I tried and tried and TRIED to fight a hard mob with and without and pipe.

QL 181 mission this was a few levels ago.
    I soloed some veterans, but they where too easy, I was killing them easy enough with just the staff.

MY staff crits for around, hmm 2.6k average.
    And the pipe about , its does vary, 1.7/2.2

Sometimes I get in 2 high end crits and one from my pipe.
    Its strange, its a shame funcom wont state what advantage we get from duel wielding.

Maybe more multi - m/r skill should do something, after all we chose to do so for a reason we dont even know why?!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234