Thread: New Whompa System

New Whompa System

I like it. I like it a lot. They have totally separated the Clan, Omni and Neutral Whompa systems, and added several new locations too.

Highlights:

The Clan, Omni-Tek and Neutral Whompa networks all meet up at the ICC HQ in Andromeda.

There is now Whompa access to the 10-3 Outpost in SAV, as part of the Omni network

There is now Whompa access to the new Clan Outpost in Varmint woods (Clan network :P). There also appears to be Whompa access to "Wine", the Clan outpost in Belial Forest in the Area known as 'Hollow Mountain'. I always assumed Wine wasn't in-game yet, as that OP didn't seem to meet the descriptions of Wine that were on the old map. I thought it was Neutral for one .

There is now Whompa access to Stolt's little shop in Newland Desert, as well as to the outpost of Hope in Mort, as part of the Newland network

And the comprehensive list! Maybe someone more talented (and more importantly with webspace to host images ) can compose a nice map

Omni-Tek Network

4-holes: Whompas to Broken Shores, 20k and 2h0

2h0: Whompas to 4-holes and 10-3

10-3: Whompas to 2h0, 20k, and Galway Castle

20k: Whompas to 4-holes, 10-3 and Omni Entertainment

Omni Entertainment: Whompas to 20k, Omni Trade, and Rome

Omni-Trade: Whompas to Galway Castle, Omni Entertainment and the ICC HQ

Galway Castle: Whompas to 10-3, Omni Trade and Rome

Rome: Whompas to Galway Castle, Omni Entertainment and Broken Shores

Broken Shores (EastofHomes): Whompas to Rome and 4-holes

Neutral Network

Newland: Whompas to the ICC HQ, Borealis and Stolt's

Stolt's: Whompas to Newland and Hope

Hope: Whompas to Stolt's and Last Ditch

Last Ditch: Whompas to Hope and Borealis

Borealis: Whompas to Newland and Last Ditch

(pretty much a circuit)

Clan Network

Tir: Whompas to the ICC HQ, Athen and Varmint Woods

Athen: Whompas to Tir, Wailing Wastes and Bliss

Bliss: Whompas to Broken Shores, Athen, and Avalon

Broken Shores: Whompas to Wine and Bliss

Wine: Whompas to Broken Shores and Varmint Woods

Varmint Woods: Whompas to Wine, Tir and Wailing Wastes

Wailing Wastes: Whompas to Varmint Woods and Avalon

Avalon: Whompas to Wailing Wastes and Bliss

Altogether though, it looks like they're trying to make better use of the underused zones. Some people will be upset at apparently making travel easier, but the truth is that if it's too hard to get somewhere, people won't hunt there much. Sad, but true . I'm impressed myself though
    Dest

Sounds good
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Heh more Omni Whom-Pah's to PVP zones so clan gankers have easy access to targets 50-100 levels below them, and still no equalizing PVP area for Omni to go and gank. GJ Funcom.

Still, more Whom-Pah's are good. I'd like to see one in the center of Milky Way though, at the Omni outpost.

SAV and Belial Forest are now 75%. And even if they weren't, I'm not sure where you're coming from. They are the only new Whompas in zones which were PvP zones, and one's Clan, one's Omni...
    Dest

Is this the end of walking?

No, just the end of LONG LONG LONG walks.

Exploring may be fun, but making your way across two zones to get to a hunting spot just puts people off.

Besides, you don't have to USE them
    Dest

Awesome. Gonna go hunting in Belial Forest soon!

I think this and the change in supression gasses show that FC is somewhat commited to bringing high outdoor hunting into the game. With the whompas going to where they are, its now going to be easier to acess these places.
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

Originally posted by puddle
    Heh more Omni Whom-Pah's to PVP zones so clan gankers have easy access to targets 50-100 levels below them, and still no equalizing PVP area for Omni to go and gank.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, i'm sorry, had to wipe tears from my eyes on that one.

You ever heard of 2ho? Growing up in this game, i dont know how many times i was grid camped here. Just because this was almost the only place i could get decent missions to. If you wanna go gank clanners, go to 2ho, and if we arent running it over, you can have yourself a field day.
    Dont forget about mort either. I know omni's love to go there and gank clanners that try and hunt out there. Heck, i have long time friends that switched to omni and occasionaly go out there to gank.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Hmm, am I right in reading only 3 whompa from Omni-Ent? Did they reduce it to one Pylon or are just half of them "Not In Use" now?

Half are 'Not in use'. The south spur has Trade and Rome as normal, and the north spur now has only 20k.
    Dest

Weee!

Way to go FUNCOM!!!

I remember the "old days" when i ran out into Varmint Woods to hunt with teams. Those were the days. You saw alot of new things and you had to run a loong way to save. I actually liked that! Why? It was exciting!

Now a days, you do missions in Home, 2 feet away from save... Now wheres the fun in that...?

I do have a Yalmaha and have been visiting other places on the huge planet Rubi-Ka, but... you will never get a team goin so far on adventures.

With these new places in the Whompa system we now have the opportunity to hunt outside and in new dangerous places... far far away from "Home" ...

So as i said... Way to go Funcom!!!

Ohh, btw, cant u make appartment complexes else where ? Ive always dreamed of living in Varmint Woods

Wow this is a nice change. Thanks for the list Destria Was wondering what the future held for the system. I'm glad to see they have other aims than just making travel easier.

-Fotik
    UBER PVP overpowered "I need a nerf" Clan Engineer

Talking

Great more whompas. Hopefully they fix the monster probs that have come about and everything will be fine with going out on adventures like the old days instead of hitting those BS grind out missions just to lvl. Lets get some mean monsters out there and bring the PAIN!!!! I'm all for high lvl hunting. More whompas should fix that if they actually feel like doing the game properly on the outdoor scale. I know what it's like trying to convince everyone to go hunting when it's so easy to grid to home after snagging a mission. No laggy /follow teammates and No getting killed by over spawned monsters that appear out of no where on the way to the hunt. Well, FUNCOM just USE all the damn space you have in the big world out there. I flew in my yalm, i know what it's like out there. Empty and it's time to ****e it up. People will quit if they don't have options on leveling soon enough.

Question Whompa to Stolts

A question about the Whompa to Stolts?

I've asked this elsewhere and will ask here to anyone on test:

Last I remember the area around Stolts in NLD was 25% Supression.

(For those of you who don't know, Stolts is a little OP just N of the Oasis).

Is this changed in 14.4? And if not, is the Whompa in the PvP zone?

If it is, then it's going to be annoying as people going to the Oasis to level get Smacked around by lvl 20-30 Clan and Omni griefer wannabes.

Ananais has made a nice whompa map, can be seen in her thread here