Thread: Helping Out

Helping Out

Listening to the live broadcast today by Tarryk he had a great idea.!!

Putting tofether great lvl 1 start packs for newbies then goign out and handing em out in the Bakyards

Write up backpack starterpacks for each profession and mail it to
    Email Tarryk@gridstream.com

No uber packs, just the perfect starter packs!

for example., lockpicks, night vision goggles, Tk, Nano chargers, a few profession specific nano's maybe 20,000 cash,

etc...

KEEP THIS ROLLING

THANKS TARRYK.

I already do this from time to time. The trouble with just handing out starter packs is that if the player is truly new, they may be so far back on the learning curve that they won't know what to do with any of it, much less be able to self-equip half of the stuff.

As for myself, I tend to wander around the backyards in Omni Ent handing out buffs and lowbie nanos, usually a backpack full of profession-specific ones. I do a lot of healing, attribute-buffing, and a WHOLE lot of newb question answering. "How do I equip my new pistol? Why won't it work? How do I activate my droid? etc..."

And this I do when I'm bored with missions and no one wants to go hunting..
    Blackshere - Opifex Agent - 117/2
    Ascorbin - Atrox Keeper - 105/3
    Troxli - Atrox Martial Artist - 101/2

*shrug* I plan on dedicating some time to being an ARK after I've learned enough about the game. I love helping people out, and the chance of being able to play an "NPC" in an event is just too much for me. I'd love to storytell events on AO. The setup is just too choice, too chock full of oppourtunities for cool satellite storylines to the main story.
    Blackshere - Opifex Agent - 117/2
    Ascorbin - Atrox Keeper - 105/3
    Troxli - Atrox Martial Artist - 101/2

I like to hang out in Leet form in the newb backyards and answer questions. I think Newbie Packs would be a great idea!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

It would be cool to be able to write notes to put in the bag, but they most likely wouldn't know what to do with them either. So much for instructions in the bag. Oh well, thee is always macroing...
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier