Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO game balance

my pointy exactly Azz

All professions should be fun and not struggling like most are atm.
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

first off........

LOL!

I don't even know where to begin...

MAs aren't uber, they're just a hella of alot better then many professions. Each profession has their own strengths and weaknesses, and many strengths overlap (ie damage, heals, nanos, etc).

All pet professions have one major advantage over the non pet professions: better ability to solo. While there are (many) issues with pet pathing atm, the pets function like mobs: high min damage, and very high hp. While a demon/slayerdriod/ninjadriod can never match a crit of say, a Krutt Waltzing Queen, pound for pound, and blow for blow, the demon/slayerdriod/ninjadriod will outdamage it over time.

Then the strengths of each of the pet professions is furthered by their unique abilites:

-MPs:Mulitple pets, mez pet to keep a mob distracted, heal pet, and of course, damage pet. Useful debuffs(except for Init debuff), nano shutdown useful on Docs with Complete heal.

-Crat:Calm.'nuff said

-Engies:Can heal their pets, via nanos as well as trimmers.

Yes, I know out of all the pet professions, the Engies probably got the worst of it. However, they can at least offer groups a useful service by warping fallen members back. That's more then many of the non pet professions can say.

Balance between the professions is impossible. Each profession has their own strengths and weaknesses. While some classes are far too underpowered right now, FC is stumbling the right way towards making things better.

Don't try to bring down another profession that's getting new content/bug fixes because you feel yours is/has been neglected too long. It's pretty petty.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

..... hehe... Azz here's a guy that doesnt have a clue...

How many times do i have to say I just want balance?

why add new nanos to the MA before fixing their existing MA moves?

why add new nanos to a class that is already well off when many other are not?

as for the engineer warping team mates... lol... i dont think many teams would take an engineer just because they can warp a dead team mate.. they would be far better off with a doc, MA or Adv to help keep everyone alive while doing more damage than the average engy can with the current pet problems.
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

There's dozens of bugs that need to be fixed. I don't know what FC goals or priorities are.

Opinions are just that. Opinions.

I reserve the right to be wrong.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Zerpentor
    ..... hehe... Azz here's a guy that doesnt have a clue...

How many times do i have to say I just want balance?

why add new nanos to the MA before fixing their existing MA moves?

why add new nanos to a class that is already well off when many other are not?

as for the engineer warping team mates... lol... i dont think many teams would take an engineer just because they can warp a dead team mate.. they would be far better off with a doc, MA or Adv to help keep everyone alive while doing more damage than the average engy can with the current pet problems.
    hehe, I actually love to have a engi in team, I'm lazy so it's perfect to get warped to the mission before we start so I don't have to lag through BS, they also have cocoon and that is really nice when no soldier in team.

So imo engis are really nice to have in a team, as long as they don't use the damn pet that slow them down.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12