Thread: Can you apply AO Special Edition CD Key to an existing AO account?

Question Can you apply AO Special Edition CD Key to an existing AO account?

The AO Special Edition comes with a CD Key, right?

I was wondering if it is possible to apply this subscription time to an existing AO account.

If it isn't, then it might be something Funcom should consider allowing.

Nope, I asked this when the SE was first announced on the boards and the answer was no.

Funcom seems to be spending all their resourses on attracting new customers rather than keeping long time customers happily playing. The Special Edition(hehe so funny, a Special Edition of a Beta) and the upcoming Expansion are both ways for Funcom to get new boxes on the shelves to attract new customers.

The only difference I see with the expansion is that even though existing customers wont be able to use the CD key we will be forced to buy it if we want to have the added things that should have been included since release.

I went and did some digging and I found the some answers from Cz.

Originally posted by Cz
    Jeret, you will not be able to use the CD key to add an extra month on an existing accout. Sorry.
    Oh well...

Cancell subscription. 7/1/02

Buy special edition today.

Activate 'free' month 7/1/02

Does this make any sense or am I missing something?

Why would they want to piss off their existing customers by not giving the 'loyal' customers the so call freebies/additions at a reduced price e.g. 9.99 w/o free month?

Marketing people seem so stupid sometimes.

What new things does the SE version give? All I can see it is version 14.0 client.
    EF.