Thread: Adventurer pistols - problems and questions

Adventurer pistols - problems and questions

Umm...say it isnt so! I was flipping through the info on some of the different pistol options for adventurers using the auno item database and noticed something strange on some of the pistols. The initiative base for the pistols is melee!?

Any adventurers out there using these pistols who has invested in ranged init noticed a difference? I should think not if this is true. Here - have a look:

adventurer only weapons:
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?cmd=search&weap=1&req[or%3Aprofession%3Avisual+profession]=%3D6

BBI pistol:
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?cmd=view&id=159039

HSR pistol:
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?cmd=view&id=157663

Also - I was searching the mission terminals to try and find the HSR Explorer and MTI Grey lines of pistols and never found any? Can these pistols be obtained in the game yet? If so - how/where? Those two pistols look awesome because one does poison damage and the other does cold...I would like to switch my adventurer to use them - but if I cannot get them then I'll just stick to melee I guess.

Thanks!

I was wondering about that melee intit myself… would be fun to hear some official info on that one.
    "Well… it's a really smashing gun, so the melee init is as intended. Arf!"

About those guns, I know the HSR comes in a receptacle… team mission chest loot from my experience. Haven't seen the MTI yet, tho'.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Re: Adventurer pistols - problems and questions

Originally posted by iLL

Also - I was searching the mission terminals to try and find the HSR Explorer and MTI Grey lines of pistols and never found any? Can these pistols be obtained in the game yet? If so - how/where? Those two pistols look awesome because one does poison damage and the other does cold...I would like to switch my adventurer to use them - but if I cannot get them then I'll just stick to melee I guess.

Thanks!

The HSR Explorer is a tradeskill item. It's not worth your time at all. Belive me ... it roughly does half the damage the BBI does.

Want to see it? .. Send me a /tell ingame, I have a ql 195 version I'd be happy to show you

Kaen-Archibald Kolt

My adventurer alt just gave up on all other pistols and switched to the Kaen-Archibald Kolt, a new pistol to version 14.2.

Not only does it do fairly nice damage at a speed so insane it sounds like popcorn popping, it has one other huge advantage over all of the other adventurer pistols: the QL is more closely in line with the requirements.

Max Agility, Sense, and Concealment. Cast Concealment Expertise and Pronouncement of Greatness. Put on a Cloaking Device. You can now sneak a mission for your next Kaen ... with, as far as I can tell, no risk, because I have jumped up and down on the feet of mobs 7 levels above me without breaking concealment.

Kaens are rare as mission rewards, but no worse than any other specific weapon ... quite do-able with ClickSaver. So when it's time to update my pistols, I generate two missions for the next "bump" up with Kaens as rewards, sneak them both, and voila, two pistols and a small stack o' cash, zero risk. (I do the same thing to update my armor, when I've got the patience. Seven armor pieces plus two guns equals nine missions to roll, travel to, and sneak ... a time-consuming process.)

Now that concealment is fixed, more or less, it means that adventurers and agents can now safely power-level, content in the knowledge that no matter how inferior their armor and weapons become, and how dangerous yellow mobs get to them thereby, they can always get free hardware to update themselves.

(I expect other professions to get a bit testy about this, any day now.)

PS - Unlike the BBI

Oh, and one more advantage of the Kaen-Archibald Kolt. Unlike the BBI Faithful, the multi-ranged requirement is quite reasonable, which means you can equip two of them at the same QL. My off-hand weapon is no longer doing 25% less damage.

Kaen

Yep, just got my Kaens on my 56 Adv. Must say, I have given up the BBI's. At my level the insane speed of the Kaen, the decent damage, the ready availability, and the easy Multi make it well worth it.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"