Thread: Show us who is looting remains, not just "Someone"

Show us who is looting remains, not just "Someone"

that is the stupidest thing ever, "Someone is already looting these remains."
    Please put a simple fix so that we can see " X User" is already looting these remains."
    too many ninja looters get away with unique/nodrop items and no one knows who takes it, this would stop the greedy theives whoever they are, plain and simple.

At anytime an item is looted be it from Boss mob, chests, team killed mob it should give a message "what" and "who" once looted. All the above should also be figured into alpha rotation looting.

bump
    Last edited by Vorak; May 29th, 2002 at 21:21:44.

bump!
    i agree.
    really one of the least enjoyable things i have ever encountered in this game is the chest/boss looting.
    its totally ridiculous. the way it is now it leads to just really unpleasant encounters.
    personally i would rather not play the game at all than deal with peoples greedy actions. it should all just fall under alpha loot and whatever.

Agree 100%!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Does anyone have a problem with this suggestion?

It would solve so many problems, or at least least make everything more honest. Everyone is basically anonymous already and this lends to folks thinking it's okay to be dishonest. I can't count the number of times when I just didn't believe the looter when they said that nothing dropped. I am normally a trusting person and I don't like having those types of thoughts, but the way the game is set up right now really rewards those who are selfish and dishonest.

Not to mention the fact that it would help a bit with all those folks who think it's okay to wander off in the middle of a mission and start looting chests. I especially hate the times when everyone else is fighting and all of a sudden you hear a chest trap go off.

This suggestion has been brought up before and I'll definitely BUMP!
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

Yes i agree 100%.

Currently the system brings out the beast in all of us and that is not fun. The only way to stay above this dirty selfish existance is to give up your rights to some of the best loot.

1: The system encourages people to take as often as they can as no one knows what they have taken. If a player finds a reflect bracer in a chest they are going to be sorely tempted to just take it and say nothing.
    2: Since the system is 'He who loots first gets' and there is no '/team chest alpha' we end up in looting sprees - competing withother players. This leads to:
    A): Calmers who run in a room, calm the mob and loot the chest while your team is fighting somewhere
    B): Tanks who loot whatever chest they can provided the room does not have an agro mob in it.
    C): The players who follow just behind the tank, letting the tank take the agro and then opening a chest in the middle of combat and looting it before joining in in the fight.
    D): An interesting one i saw the other day where a player will hit Q to cancel his attacks shortly before the death of a mob to give him a seconds advantage in looting a chest.
    E): Players who don't even fight but simply run along behind your team looting everyhting they find. They don't have time to fight.
    3: Since everyone is on a loot fest it makes good people paranoid as well. Did that Mantis breeder drop an egg? Who knows. Maybe the team leader is lying. I personally hate to think this way as well, but there is always a possibility that you are being ripped off if you dont have foreknowledge of a players honesty. It's contagious too. Once you voice your su****ions others will begin to believe.. Bleh. I hate this it makes me feel dirty.
    4: As an end result we all end up slaves to greed or else we opt out and never get our fair share. The only way to remain above su****ion is to NEVER loot. I was in a team the other day that didn't tough a single chest as no one wanted the 'loot-hog' stigma.

Honestly this is not good. I prefer to enjoy the game. Lets have a message that says who what is in a chest or on a boss mob when it falls. Better yet - let's just put in a message when rare loot drops. I dont care what peices of armor or health kits are in a chest. I do however care that a reflect bracer was in a chest and player X took it without raffling the loot to the team.

Also, lets put in a message saying who takes it:

Player XXX takes a Bracer of Reflection: projectiles form the chest.

If you can tell us a roller-rat wakes up the least you can do is tell us when we've been ripped off.

Yes
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

A playfield wide message of who looted what item and from what source, that would help a lot in teams.

I want to see things like this (item in blue clickable) :

"ImaGideon looted a Gaily Painted Hood from the Remains of Tarasque"

and

"ImaGideon looted a Bracer of Growing Flesh from a Treasure Chest"

Actually, I would be ok with those things even without a message
    Last edited by Greystar; Jun 5th, 2002 at 11:50:30.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by ImaGideon
    A playfield wide message of who looted what item and from what source, that would help a lot in teams.

I want to see things like this (item in blue clickable) :

"ImaGideon looted a Gaily Painted Hood from the Remains of Tarasque"
    And it is necessary a copy of this message on this board.

Bump

Agree 100%

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

I sort of agree.

I agree that a loot message (especially clickable) would be tremendously helpful in a group. Not really because of dishonesty in my case, I generally group with my guildmates and any one of us would give the shirts off our backs (literally sometimes) to another guildmate if he/she asked. But I would find convenience in the fact that we wouldn't have to pick up and click loot into the chat box each time to see who needs it. Our missions are usually carried out very effeciently followed by an aftermath of group chat flooding with all the equipment and loot we'd found in the mission. My guild is OT Wolfpack and I can only speak for them, but if you routinely group with players you don't trust, or think are (or are even capable of) stealing from the team, then you should find different friends to group with. Or keep searching out there until you find a guild that you can honestly trust and group with on those really big missions.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

Something should definitely be done. At least we should know who is looting what so we know if one player is grabbing more than his fair share or not. I would like to see some options like show all loot, show loot from boss monsters only, and don't show loot if possible.

Would be an excellent addition. Just make sure that it is toggable in Options - Miscellaneous. They seem to forget that with every new feedback messages they add.