Thread: Dragons in the Sky!!

Lightbulb Dragons in the Sky!!

Here's an Idea from an old Gary Gygax (you know if you know) Fan from The AD&D days.... (was a DM so i got a ton of these)

So All these Higher Ups go to Camelot and Camp; to find the Big Dragon in the PvP castle; and Kill em for Mad XP and the Treasure Hoard.

See, mostly Dragons View Humans as minor Annoyances like Flys. In my world of RPing this would be quite different. Sure the Players would all run to kill the dragon and get the XP and Treasure; but what then....

So one day after one of these Dragon Hunts; the Entire Area Surrounding the Castle including Avalon and Camelot is attacked by 5 or so Dragons. Literally everyone (yes the players) and Everything including any innocent MOBs are attacked by these Dragons who Proceed to Lay Waste to the Entire Area (thus sending most Running in a Panic)...
    Of Course the Biggies are gonna hear about it and so every lvl 150+ in the game is gonna B-Line to the area to DEFEAT the Dragon Menace!! But the Idea is that the "Biggie" DRAGONS have also heard of the Careless Slaughter of their own and are Fianally going to Put a Stop to it!!
    The Area becomes a War Zone, but then soon enough 2 or 3 "Ancient" Dragons Enter the Scene. These would be extremely powerful and would be able to hold the Zone against any Threat including the Higher-ups who "came to the rescue"!!

(you GMs could have a blast with this. Imagine all the players fleeing before you!!!!)

Soon the Zone Become Effectively "held" by the Dragons who destroy a few Buildings Permanently and then Something VERY interesting Happens... The Lead Dragon Speaks and anyone in the connecting Zones; including Athens, because of the Wompah; can hear it! The Message would call for a Few of the Respected Leaders of the Guilds to Enter Camelot for a Meeting or a Summit...
    (sometimes in RPing the Players aren't supposed to win, only to Prosper..)
    The Lead Dragon (give it a name like TiaMat and 5 to 7 heads) Would warn that any further Senseless Abuse to its Kind in the Future would not be tolerated; and would be met with Even Harsher attacks on further Player Settlements. Of course Dragons arent stupid and Would Expect the Leaders to Call for some sort of "Legal Documentation" to be worked out amongst the Players to effectively eliminate Further Atrocitys upon Dragon Kind. Also a few missions (Giagantic Multi task type) would be handed out to Various Mission levels to "Make Amends" to the dragons for their misery....

What Happens from there would; of course; be up to the Players (and IMAGINE the possibilities!!!)

"I, am Lao Tien Fong!"

But, apparently the 'dragon' in Camelot is a construction by Lord Galahad to 'test' the people in his Clan.

It's not even a living breathing animal; just a nice re-creation exhibiting the attention to detail that such a wealthy history nut like Galahad demands.

Talking Missions

Sometimes I wonder why There are mission Terminals. What if instead there were NPCs hanging out in some of these Bars, or Clubs, or the Huge, Club-like Trade Rooms in the Shops, that either would have interesting information as to where to find something of interest; or give players Missions Outright!

Imagine the Roleplaying Experience as Players Ran to local buildings to find that NPC that only pops in once in a while (like Philip Ross etc) with the Xtra Special Multiple Task Mission with Big Rewards.

Of course there would be alot of NPCs Hanging around with the Normal Missions. but overall i think it would add to the "Life" of the game.

What if someone Randomly got a mission from the Vendor at Bronto Burger! The Bartender! Out of a Soda can from the Green Pop machine!

Plus every time I see one of the Green GMs i would Expect they have at least Some Sort of interesting News or Item of interest or Mission or SOMETHING more than a "Good Day, Laotienfong! "
    And what about the Darn Mission Creation thingy EVERYONE has. Get it working and give A % of XP to anyone who creates and has a player or team Complete one. If I were a beaurocrat I would almost NEVER want to have to fight a monster. Most of my XP should come from My Handing Missions out to Subordinates! Thats what Persuasion is All about. Crats Should Spend alot of time in the Public Places recruiting teams to do missions for them. Of course the Crat could go if he wanted, but what Self-Respecting Noble would want to Dirty his Brand New Armor and Risk Breaking a sweat in some Dingy, Stinky Dungeon in God Knows Where!!

I think that would be a little more interesting then Terminals.

Arrow Yeah but..

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    But, apparently the 'dragon' in Camelot is a construction by Lord Galahad to 'test' the people in his Clan.

It's not even a living breathing animal; just a nice re-creation exhibiting the attention to detail that such a wealthy history nut like Galahad demands.

Yeah, but im just trying to Expand a little, that sort of thing could happen Anywhere>>>>>>>>

Out Posts!!

In Tribes...

There are Capture and Hold missions which require players to "touch" a Beacon to change the Side Control of a Building or Area. This usually includes all Machines in the Area and Whatever else the Players Interact With.

I dont see why that couldnt be done in this game with some of these outposts and whatnot

Sounds like Everquest to me....

People would then be camping these special NPCs to no end, getting all the specialness and whatnot. I agree with the dragon idea, however. But arn't all dragons dead now? I'v always liked 'em, never had a chance to actually meet one in any game though. I didn't even know they had a dragon in this game, at all.

The thing is with special NPCs; that's a bit of a large change from mission terminals. FunCom would have to turn around a bit and have to spend even more focus on this, which I don't think they could spare right now. Perhaps your idea exists already in the new shadowland place? Wouldn't really make sense to find mission terminals over there, unless Omni was hiding this from all of us and had enough time to at least plant mission terminals there.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

Ergh. The rest of your ideas are nice but PLEASE don't make NPCs into mission terminals. It's really, really unrealistic to have 10-20 people all crowding around one person not saying anything. At least terminals kinda make sense.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.