Thread: Invulnerable boss mob?

Invulnerable boss mob?

My team just blitzed a level 186 team mission we wanted to complete by killing the boss. Sadly, the boss proved to be invulnerable to energy damage for some reason, and of course our two best damage-dealers were soldiers with novaflows.

Over the last month or so we have defeated quite a number of level 180-190 bosses, so we have some experience with these mobs. We were not for example, simply shocked at the boss's insane hit point totals, but were clearly aware that the soldiers' weapons were doing no damage, while for example the MP pet, the MA, and myself (an NT) were doing some small amounts of damage (through some kind of huge absorption shield) though not enough to actually defeat the boss in any reasonable amount of time. The three of us tried for a while (not even nudging the HP bar with my pathetic QL 189 nuke damage) but eventually without the soldiers ever accruing any aggro the boss turned on our doc and killed him before he could escape, so we aborted the combat.

The henchmen were calmed for the fight so it was easy to see that the soldiers were doing no damage. They zoned down the elevator and came back with no change to their ability to harm the boss, so I have to assume that the boss really had 100% absorption of energy damage over the five minute period in which we futilely tried to fight it.

IMO this has to be a bug. It would be easy for a team to predominantly deal one damage type such as energy, melee, or projectile damage, and if you make team mission boss mobs which are completely immune to these damage forms, you are just giving people yet another reason to get frustrated with these painfully drawn out and repetitious missions.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Yes

I have seen this too, definitely some sort of bug going on here.

I see there is an "energy boss" item in the antiguardians database, I suspect that may be what is at fault.

- Tboo

Happened to me too. turned out I was the only one that could hit the boss. So, everyone else killed the adds while I bashed away at the boss. Then they took up seats, got some popcorn and sat and watched me finish off the boss. Took forever, and secretly I think they were laughing at me hehe.

Thank God I had a healer keeping me healthy.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Some bosses is invulnerable to certain type of damage.
    Myself using alsaqri/gluegun combo, which both are chemical dmg, often meets bosses taking no dmg from chemical weapons. Therefore i keep a a disaflation sniper in backup, which do projectile dmg, and have always worked so far when my alsaqri and gluedun fails.

Stupid boss rings

Hehe, if you are fighting a QL200 mob with a Energy Ring this will reflect 70% of you total damage - what if we could loot those rings from the boss

Boss rings:
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...me=boss&nano=0