Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Content proposal from an oldtimer

Nice Idea.

and since I'm sure Cosmik and Cz will read this thread....GIVE ME MY 2HE WITH A MA REQ LIKE YOU PROMISED.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Save the Takuans in AO! Lets see a 2hE with MA reqs someday soon!

AND

Give the participators really cool visual icons. Such as the token board lapels that hove at the shoulders.

This would deffinantly give alot of incentive!

Problem is, risk/reward always goes into effect, espiecally in a game centered around leveling and killing.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

The rewards for participation should not be very material. Preferably more roleplay worthy combat oriented. some very few and very hard to get items could be useful at high level, but I dont think it would be healthy for very good items to be accessible thru a scenario such as this.

This sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe then Omni players would quit killing Omni guards at BB in Omni Ent.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Certainly something to consider. Ideas of fights left and right raged through my head as I read the original post and I liked it.

Wolfe, have you sent this in via Feedback yet? I'll show it to the designers. Personally I think it would rock.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Smile Good ideas!

Allow for a GM tool so new 'warzones' can be created, or the NPCs in them moved to reflect changes in the situation/storyline. Dynamic design.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Implement skill in the game first.

I like the idea of doing guild raids on camps , holding a zone and trying to defend against omni/clan . It makes a much more dynamic atmosphere .

Also i dont think it should be unique items . I dont want any . All i want is a real challange .

To the person that posted on Storm haveing all the uniques and wanting more ... ever think that the reason Avalon castle is camped so much is because it fits that scenario ? I cant tell u how many times i have gone in there only to have to form sevral teams ... one for protection from Omni and sevral to kill the dragon . I could care less what the Dragon drops , Im there to support and defend against in coming omni . More thrill in it .

--Bumping this thread ---- cause i like the idea of holding a zone and fighting to protect it .

I believe the unique item and quest component has to be part of a scenario like this. Or it wont attract all kinds of players. There has to be RP aspects, PvP aspects, challenging and so on to make all kinds of people interested in at least one component of the scenario. If you dont care for items yourself then you'll need another reason to go there as well as if you dont like fighting other players you might still want to try the quests to get involved.

I know I want to see something like this to be extremely difficult and also rewarding. Maybe have a serverwide message when some of these mobs are killed, like "Commander Bob of the Omni-Pol elite forces has been killed by Isbilen of the clans" when the killing blow on the mob was landed by Isbilen. And same thing for when the clan NPC's get killed the name of the killer is displayed globally. This should be a very tough challenge tho, maybe a 5 hours raid of continous fighting and maybe 10 high level teams would be required to reach the enemy mobs worthy of the global message.

I can imagine the cheer going up in Omni-1, and a bigh "doh" in Tir when you see the clan commanders beeing killed by the leetmost omnis.

would be fun if you ask me

Wolfe

Wolfe I like the idea, but I think if it offers any kinda of valued loot it is flawed.

Otherwise all you have is the smugglers den in a PvP zone.

I would rather see them set up as stretegic outposts. Where if you battle your way in the valued shops, scanner, reclaim would be taken by the winning side.

That way a either side would value it.

Also it would give a reason for agents to use thier abilities to switch sides. They could pretend to be Omni(should onmi control the OP) and mingle with the enemy inside. Take stock of the defences, and put out the call when the defenders get slack.

And if they did make such a change they should break PvP into more levels than curently. Instead of 1-74, and 75-200.

Make PvP in smaller blocks. 10-30, 31-50, 51-80, 81- 120, 121-200 for example.

Then set up different areas with the different levels in mind. So that those at level 50 can go raid an OP that will not be overrun by high level players. Then everyone can enjoy the tactics, and fun. Not just those that have the power to do so.

A level 75 char can pull alot of work in level 150+ pvp if he has the right company. Just got to think big, 50+ players and so on.

And as I said earlier I dont think the items should be among the best ones in the game, but they should give players the option to choose a path that has strengths and weaknesses, kindo better against melee but weaker againsr Projectiles armor and so on.

Its no good if a select group of people would be able to farm themselfs into extreme uberness, thats not what I propose. I am very sure that getting items from the mobs woul help stimulate real battles, and that is what we need.

Btw, we just cleaned up the neutral outpost in Mort from omni-tek investigation forces. The fight was something like what you could expect 30% into my scenario.

To make sure no lvl 200 would solo a OP that is meant for lvl 50 players, U could make immediate respawn if the MOB only gave 1 xp - that way a lvl 200 player would be allowed to do max 49% of the damage - so he doesn't get that 1 xp, and his lower guild mates would have to do the rest.

And as reward: The players who have gotten XP from killing the guards during the assault (f.ex last 30 mins) and are still in a team with at least 1 member in the OP when it changes sides, should get a reward. XP, money and maybe an item.

This would make it possible to raid an OP with more than 1 team, and it would not punnish all players who die 2 secs before OP switches sides.

The only problem I see is the safe points - we should have the insurance terminal in the 25% zone, only usable by the side who owns the OP atm, but the restoration areas needed to be in 100% or 75% zones as to prevent ppl to camp restore points to gain titles.... but then we could have no guards around the restore point to protect resurected players from MOBs....
    Flyhard - lvl 137 doc
    Thermaling - lvl 94 fixer

Bump

Bump!
    Great idea Wolfe

Nano0 - Emperor of the Universe

Thumbs up

great ideas, thanks to wolfe for starting this thread and all the people who gave their excellent opinion.. problem now is, is this gonna be implemented? i hope, i wish, i dream

great idea

****ing great idea, i wanna see that right away !
    The Camelot deal is great fun, but it lags so god damn much, and the whole LOS deal is whacked......If no omnis are around to defend the clan item, clans can just get some xp and the items, or else war.. Sounds really great.

Yes this would be a blast. I especially like the ideas about the serverwide messages. If the challenge was difficult enough that kind of thing might turn into the ultimate hero cookie.

As far as unique items go it's relatively easy to make them balanced. Simply make them more like the Heavily padded over-coat: Not better just different. Or if that is a problem then simply have rare items drop instead of unique ones. It might be a good place to find that xp ring etc - and easy to justify as well, since it would involve some serious work.

In fact i'd rather see the rare items drop here than in mission chests since you have to work together in this scenario, whereas to get chest loot you have to work against your team-mates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12