Thread: One more question, and this IS for the playerbase

One more question, and this IS for the playerbase

Since this part is easily tested, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how the damage modifier relates to Attack rating.

At 800 ATK, you will do a flat 3 times the damage numbers of your weapon at full crit without taking AC into account.

However, is this a linear progression? How does it move with different ATK ratings?

I no one here does know, there is a way to test and I ask that anyone in the mood post the following information here:

Go to a Backyard, remove any damage rings or damage buffs you might have on. Shoot a leet until you get a full crit the come back here and post ...

1. Total damage on the crit

2. Your specific ATK rating (not your weapon skill, the ATK # in your stat window)

3. The specific damage numbers of your weapon for example, 1-438(720)

I'll take it from there. I need this info from players of all levels. Remember, you must remove damage increasing rings or nanos before doing this.

Thanks much.

EDIT: Actually, do this test with NO BUFFS AT ALL. Otherwise, chances are someone will do it with a runbuff or something that hurts damage as well and I'll mess up all my calculations!
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; May 30th, 2002 at 05:52:44.

Just a little note

The Attack # have nothing to do with damage.

For a MA that uses both fists and a weapon the attack is much lower than Martial Arts, but he still do same fist damage.

So the damage is calcualted from the weapon skill, not the attack.

(For most profs it would work to just see Attack # but not if someone wielding diffrent kind of weapons)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Then why do people ask for AT?
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

For everyone except MA |(base dmg)*(1+AMS/400)=actual dmg| works pretty accurate.

For MAs +AMS spells/items (soldier AT,crat speech, merit board..) don't visually afect AMS, but it works otherwise. For example if a soldier casts +23 AMS Automatic Targeting on a MA, his AMS won't change visually, but you will be hitting as if you had +23 MA skill more. Also for MAs there's no way to tell your base dmg, although there were a few "Martial Arts Item" objects in the parsed database that showed some weird dmg numbers and 3 different QLs (1, 100, 500...totally unlinear dmg tho), but couldn't make anything from it.

Enforcers that use 2 weapons with diffrent weapon skill also have diffrent Attack rate.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Attackrating does affect dmg. It does for MA's also. But once you equip a weapon in yer right hand, the MA fist attackrating gets hidden behind the new attackrating for the weapon...

But that doesn't mean the attackrating for fists is there...

Same goes for those who uses two weapons, each with a different attack rating skill....

And Krneki's forumla is valid enough.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

1. Yes, for all weapon users the ATTACK RATING is what calculates base damage. So Azz, I have no idea where you're coming from. Then again, I have no experience with MA combat algorithms so those might be different.

2. The formula (1+ ATK/400) produces a close estimate yes, but it is not the exact calculation.

3. Post some test results gang! I'd love to see some more numbers!

I hate testing, I'd rather be playing
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Alright, I sent my trader to the backyard to beat the living daylights out of a few 34-I helpers and help you to a few numbers.

He wields a QL14 Schuyler Bow, which does 1-64(35) damage.

First, totally unbuffed. Bow skill is 59, Attack Rating the same. He crits for 113.

Next, +20 Bow Expertise. Bow and Attack Rating both 79. He now crits for 118.

Then he deprived his target, adding 13 points for a total of 92 skill and Attack Rating. Crits are now 122.

So far we have an added damage of (Attack / 4) here. Looking forward to your results

Arrow

+ 1x per 400 seems to work fine until 900 or so, I'm seeing something weird after that, I think.

/me singsongs
    Here leet leet leet leet leet leet

(think "Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty")

Hmm, I must've been sleepy, or punched wrong button on windoze calc, looks like its linear after all.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Jun 3rd, 2002 at 01:31:43.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Tests done with snakemaster 4-211 (717) on the cute leets in hr8

AR:772 crit:2720

AR:801 crit:2787

AR:925 crit:3075

AR:1048 crit:3360

AR:1140 crit:3573

Seems the 400 rule is right on.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Works for everythin except MA...Wonder why MA is gimped if you have more then 1000 Skill tho (the damage curve doesn't continue it's way, but gets less inclined).

I did the test 2 days ago. 312 AR and using a gamma.

Precisely 400 AR double your damage. Very accurate. Also, no damage penalty because you have a weapon off-hand (when dual wielding) for those who wonder. Same damage, same AR.