Thread: Critical Hits

Unhappy Critical Hits

Someone forgot what a critical hit really is, methinks. A critical hit is a hit which lands in such a place to cause the most amount of pain/damage in the shortest period of time. On someone who is standing there and waiting for such, getting such a hit isn't that much of a problem. For somoene swinging back with as much intent to cause as much harm makes getting a critical hit much harder because you are trying to defend against them as much as you are trying to get them.

I'm tried of fighting monters/NPCs who have the capacity of getting 5, 6, 7, 8, etc critical hits in a row. I'm tried of fighting things which hit normally less often than they get a critical. The most noticable things are the enforcer NPCs. An equal level enforcer mob will easily get this many criticals in a row. There is no reason for an equal level mob to get critical hits more often than regular hits. Something needs to be seriously reworked when NPCs or monsters hit 60% of the time critically.

Have you raised your evades?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Angry Crit Hits & Evades

The fact that mobs get crit hits like 80% of the time seems to just be a bug, if you ask me. It specifically seems to have to do with Egnineers (though it could be all pet-using classes). If I play any profession with or without evade skills raised I get hit normally with the occaisional crit hit. But if I play my engi, I get hit with crit hits like 80% of the time, maybe more, even with mobs that are several levels lower.

So to stay alive at all around level 48, I have to ensure that my pet tanks completely. In missions, this means that I have to send my pet ahead in to the next room and just sit in the previous room until the mob has no more than 25% of it's life left. However, this doesn't always work, since the mobs often are in places where I can't target them to tell my pet to attack. So I end up taking the brunt of the damage (since even though my pet dishes out at least twice as much damage as myself, it doesn't get the agro very often). It doesn't matter how high-level my pet is, I can't seem to stay alive much

If funcom would fix the crit-hit bug, this would alieviate this problem. However, if this isn't considered a bug, and they don't fix it, I need some suggestions for when I do solo missions on how to stay alive. Anyone have any?

* Raise your evades.
    * Go more def on the agg/def bar.

Only mob that crits me is an MA mob, or someone buffed by an MA mob.

On full agg, you have basically 0 evades. That is why they crit, in my humble opinion. Try it out. If you find it wrong, you have an IP-reset coming up.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.