Thread: Two Things I Hate

Two Things I Hate

Ok, first I'm a L79 Engi that has been a L79 Engi for way to long because of things like this:

(1). Soloin a medium level mission. First room has 3 Yellow mobs. I send my QL100 (approx) bot into the room to kill a couple or all three of them. He takes care of 2, so I go in to assist on the third. We kill the last one and I get exactually ZERO XP points for any of them. There was a little lag, but not too bad. The message box says I can loot all three of them, which I do, but not a darn thing about XP. The way I understand Engi's is that my bot is my main weapon, but because he killed the mobs and not me directly I get no XP. What's up with that?

(2). Soloin a medium level mission DEEP in Andromeda. Clear the enitre house and have the mission item to take back to Omni-E. Woot! I'm up 250K XP and ready to run back (no I dont have a Yalm, I know lame). While getting ready to leave the house, I get booted! The whole mission I had green ping, no lag, nothin, then I get booted when mission is at 100%. The agonizing minutes pass as I try to log back in before my bot shuts down. What do you think happened? Of course, I get back in and my bots gone. Also, of course, I needed at LEAST mastries to cast that bot. Cuss, curse, cuss, gripe, etc. Oh well, I only got attacked once getting here and that mob was just green. I'll just cast a lower bot and take the same way back, np! I step outta mission cave and look around. I have just enough time to realize that there is 6 RED mobs that wanna make the cave I just came out of their new home. See ya at the reclaim -250K XP. What's up with that?

The only positive on the second scenrio is that the mission item was a Warp Time-Space Borielas NanoCrystal. Delete mission and head to the shopping channel to salvage some of my dignity.

Some things just never change!

Re: Two Things I Hate

Originally posted by Cophichius
    Ok, first I'm a L79 Engi that has been a L79 Engi for way to long because of things like this:

(1). Soloin a medium level mission. First room has 3 Yellow mobs. I send my QL100 (approx) bot into the room to kill a couple or all three of them. He takes care of 2, so I go in to assist on the third. We kill the last one and I get exactually ZERO XP points for any of them. There was a little lag, but not too bad. The message box says I can loot all three of them, which I do, but not a darn thing about XP. The way I understand Engi's is that my bot is my main weapon, but because he killed the mobs and not me directly I get no XP. What's up with that?

The reason this happens is because between the time your bot gets sent to attack and the time he actually attacks you have moved more than 2? 3? (cant remember off top of head) rooms away and thus shed any chance of gathering aggro from the 2 adds. Before your bot kills the mobs you must get back within 1-2 rooms from it.

Morale of the story?... Don't complain about bugs that work in your favor.... they get fixed.

The other possible reason is that you killed them while they were standing in an acid pool.