Thread: Unique Mobs, Exploration, No Camping, All in one..

Unique Mobs, Exploration, No Camping, All in one..

What if, all of the unique mobs..
    A. Wondered Around
    B. Zoned
    C. When killed, respawned in a different zone, totally random, no pattern

What would happen, is someone would be running around DAV or Milkyway, and see Nuggets, inform his guild, theyd kill them, take loot, then send out a scout team, and theyd have to find him again.

And.. Heres one more thing..
    Mob Pure Aggression System
    Lets say Angelic Nova, just as an example shows up to kill the Tarasque, now, the dragon notices her, and shes wearing his items, hes not gonna go for the lvl 42 clan enforcer, hes gonna try to get the people with his items, aggroing them up the wazoo. And, i need the community respones on this one, if you are killed by the same uniuqe mob you got a unique item off, they take that item back. Lets say T!#%#@5 is out killing nuggets with his shades on, but then bam, nuggets full autos his face, and T5 dies, when he (T5) respawns, nuggets will have his glasses back and T5 wont. Nuggets steals his glasses back from people who have them.

I wanna know what the community thinks so flame and bump willingly.

Holy ****! BUMPADELIC!!! Although, I think it must be made logic in regards with the story and role of the NPCs/mobs. Let's take FI Capt Nugget. What would he do wandering about in Mort? Isn't he supposed to watch OT interests?

Although, I think it's a great idea. Maybe FC could add some wandering/zoning/intelligent mobs. Like The Beast In Brass and Metalomania?

A. Wondered Around
    B. Zoned

What would happen, is someone would be running around DAV or Milkyway, and see Nuggets, inform his guild, theyd kill them, take loot, then send out a scout team, and theyd have to find him again.
    Perfect. Its been mentioned this way a lot of times before. And im a massive supporter of this kinda thing.
    That way its the people who make an effort (i dont mean the people who make an effort to camp something 24/7) who are rewarded.

As for the other idea. Sounds interesting.
    However what if person x already has the item, but is there helping a friend get the item aswell? Its gonna be nasty if they lose the precious item while theyre actually trying to help someone
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Re: Unique Mobs, Exploration, No Camping, All in one..

Originally posted by Acidication
    A. Wondered Around
    B. Zoned

This sounds good, as far as losing hard earned items, no thanks.

Bump!

Except keep the items. Intelligent mob wandering is well called for. Y'know, wandering around searching for a mob could be fun. Send out a search aprty and your team mate messages you a short message, "Sh!t!" You ask, "Did you find him?" He responds,"I'm now at the reclaim, whadaya think?"
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Talking

Originally posted by Angelus0001
    Maybe FC could add some wandering/zoning/intelligent mobs. Like The Beast In Brass and Metalomania?

roflmao. *whipes tears from eyes and mumbles "intelligent -- yea, right" , while laughing very hard*

hey wait......... to do this, wouldn't they need intelligent employees first?
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Thumbs down DONT

AC tried it and it backfired.

you could spend years in the game (me = 2,5) and never ever see certain monsters nor gather the coveted items from them because BOTH monster spawn AND drop rate where below 0,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%.

do not do this.

wandering around with zero chance of finding items is no improvement over camping the same spawn for ages.

i am not saying that the funcom way is right, the only right way imo is how later in ac quests where handled:

flag people from picking up items for a certain amount of time and decrease the respawn time.

that means once something is new the quest is heavily camped but after about a month or max 2 months you could stroll in there and get the item. flagging the player for say 2 months effectively kills harvesting of items for alts or ebay while still allowing you to replace items you lost to funcoms no reimbursement after a server crash :O

i state it again: i am totally, utterly 100% against "special" items only available to the l33t who camp 24/7/365, are in a l33t guild, have signed in their account before others did, use 3rd party apps etc. etc.

every player group should be able to finish a quest for a special boss item once they are in the egligable level range.

Metalomania in Harry's already roams a bit, but it takes 5 minutes to track it down. Even if it wandered the whole zone, anyone with a Yalm could find it in 30 minutes. Have the wandering do somthing sensible, only go so far into a few zones, like all of Lush Fields, lower half of Milky Way, Eastern Clon****, maybe even western PM. I'd like it better than, go and camp. I'd put forth the time.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

After reading this post, I found myself wondering...

What if a large enough guild took record of which zones that unique mob spawns into, and which spots it mostly spawns in? They'd have members camping those spots so if it respawned someplace else the Guild's main force would immediately zone in to claim it

/me waits to be attacked by clanners
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

I like the idea of Mob looking for their items But why estrict it by their spawning area ? Let Tarasque raid Omni-Trade from time to time in search of his claw and attack only those who have it in possesion It would be fun !