Thread: What does roleplaying mean in AO?

What does roleplaying mean in AO?

This online gaming is new to me. I hear people talk about "roleplaying", but it seems to mean different things to different people.

Options:

1) Roleplaying is being an Omni or Clan.

2) Roleplaying is acting the part of your profession to provide specialized services in the game.

3) Roleplaying is playing dressup, shaking your booty in a disco, drinking fake wine as you dine on fake cheese to watch the fake suns set, or decorating your apartment.

4) Speaking and acting in character (I, Atrox,need eat. No bathe, kill leet.)

5) All of above

6) Other

What do you mean when you say you are "roleplaying"?
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

At events. Of couse no one really pay attention to you really, unless you're high level...
    Money is everything.

roleplaying is:

complaining about a clanner joining your group (when you're Omni) in Lush Fields, then promptly going back to the mindless slaughter of mutants

hehe

I've never actuallly roleplayed myself, and have only seen it a couple of times.
    BUT when it does happen, i think it's freakin cool.
    ex. when u team with a trox, and he only say "me, trox, me kill!", or something like that.
    too bad more ppl don't roleplay their char a bit more.
    /me gonna build a new char and act a little with it
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Mrblackh
    I've never actuallly roleplayed myself, and have only seen it a couple of times.
    BUT when it does happen, i think it's freakin cool.
    ex. when u team with a trox, and he only say "me, trox, me kill!", or something like that.
    too bad more ppl don't roleplay their char a bit more.
    /me gonna build a new char and act a little with it
    my 'trox has had brain implants inserted.

Roleplaying to me is 5) All of the above

Its giving your character a personality and sticking with it. It could be a personanility close to your own, or it could be the exact opposite

Instead of just being on Rubi Ka to level, do a mission, level some more, buy new equipment, do some more missions etc etc, when youre roleplaying ya dont think like that. You think as your character would think
    I level very slowly because i try and find more interesting things to do, things that are more in character, rather than concentrating on levelling/missions.

Sorry rambled on a bit there... but yeah to me its definately 5)
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision