Thread: FA kits nerfed?

Question FA kits nerfed?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but there appears to be a change in the way FA stims now work.

Before they restarted the servers last week or so, the "timer" on FA kits was applied to the person who received the healing. This week, however, the timer is now applied both to the person who was healed, and the person who healed them. e.g. If my doc uses a stim on the tank she can no longer use one on herself until the 40 seconds timer is up.

Is this permanent? Does anyone know please?

Thanks in advance

They're like that on Test at the moment, but in-game they still seem to be working as normal...
    Dest

Arrow

Hmmm, not for us they're not. Both with the mains and our team of newbies, its working as I described. Can't figure why other people would be different.....

/me is more confused than before

wierd

Thats strange.

Just today my group was using first aid stims on me, and it didn't affect the use of my own stims at all.

I grabbed a little cratty friend of mine, and used kits on him lots. It wasn't locking my skill.

Stranger and stranger... I should have tried nano stims, and seen if it locked HIS skill.

And this change was made when supposedly no patch was made?
    Dest

Arrow

Max....that wasn't my point. Did you ask the team if their using first aid stims on you locked THEIR skill, not yours?

I dont know what to tell you Destria. I mean, I appreciate your commenting, but you sound like you are just trying to discredit what I'm saying. That isnt helping.....

Is there anybody who IS experiencing the same as the others in my group? I'd really like to know if we are all horribly bugged or if there is a common factor...

I'm not trying to discredit you in any way. Don't be so defensive. I am merely stating that when I teamed with a friend of mine, and used a first aid kit on him, I was able to use one on myself. I didn't test if he was able to use one on himself afterwards, or if Nano stims were different. All I did was state my findings. In fact, I actually stated that MY tests were incomplete

That last remark:

And this change was made when supposedly no patch was made?
    I can see how that could be read, but it was actually aimed at Funcom. It's not impossible that they made some changes (exploit fixes etc) when they restarted the server that didn't need to be revealed, and this is a result.
    Dest

Question

It's there alright. ALL of my characters are the same. I tested it with 2 accounts and 2 pcs, and teamed various characters together and tried the FA kits. EVERY time I used a FA stim on a team member it locked my ability to use the kit on myself. NOT my ability to use it on another, 3rd member, just on myself.

The other noticeable difference (other than the awful 5 second delay on every action) since the "restart" is that our newbies are now starting out in Rome instead of Ents-1 from time to time.

They definitely slipped some changes in without saying. No question. The only thing to work out is why it only affects some accounts or some characters? Is it those of us who have characters on test too? I haven't figured that bit yet.....

meh

Ah, sorry Schu, i misunderstood...I thought you meant that others using FA stims on you locked /your/ skill. My mistake.

This is odd... give me a /tell. I'd be interested to see what happens if you use a kit on me. Maybe the very fabric of the universe will come apart
    Dest