Thread: MA Tachi Multi-Wield

Angry MA Tachi Multi-Wield

Please do not add the MA duell wield skill req.

My points of justification:

The punches kick in WAY slower with 2 Tachis. Tachis r generally very good for high levels but extremely bad for low levels due to their low damage output.

I do more damage with my fists then both myt achies put together. My minimal damage per punch is more then the max damage output of BOTH tachies added together.

Sure MA's can Punch whilst using 2 Tachies. THis leads poeple into thinking:

Isn't a punch plus 2 tachies per round better then just 1 punch?
    That's where u poeple r mistaken.

the 3 bars all have a re-charge level, but cannot and will not all attack at once. U cannot have Punch damage, DIRECTLY FOLLOWED by tachie damage.

Here...this might help explain my logic:

1 second recharge for punch without tachies:
    Seconds:
    1st sec: Punch
    2nd sec: Punch
    3rd sec: Punch

Smooth rythmic and boring punching... all for high damage with crits...

1 second recharge for punch+ 2x 1.60 second recharge for both Tachis.

2nd sec: Tachi
    2.5fth sec: Tachi
    4rth Sec: Tachi
    5th Sec: Tachi
    6th Sec: Punch

there are always 2 more or less fast tachi slashed after each Punch. If u "flow" with the rythm..then u notice that it's a package deal: Get 1 Punch, get 2 Tachi slashes free.

BUT it is better to have: Get 1 Punch, get another Punch free!

Because Punches do more damage then 2 Tachies in earlier levels and have higher crits.

My point is:
    Tachi attack REPLACE Punches in the rythm.

In a musical way it would be:
    Fists only
    PUNCH-PUNCH-PUNCH-PUNCH (Like techno)

Fists with 2 Tachies:
    Punch- Slash-Slash Punch-Slash-Slash (Like arabien music)
    Or "Slash-Slash-Punch Slash-Slash-Punch" (We will rock u)

It is all rythmic.
    Techno beats are stronger and steady, thus doing more damage over time.

Whereas "We will we will rock u" beats are like
    Boom-Boom SSHH! (Pause) Boom-Boom SSHH! (Pause) Boom Boom SSHH!

I'd rather have more power Lokomotive "SH's" like SSHH SSHH SSHH SSHH!

Then have those weak annoying "BOOMS" interupt the mighty "SH's"

Get my point? =)

SO... do not add Duell Wield Reqs for Tachies before u make MA weaponary completely useless..... My IP's r stretched out as it is.... there are no real big advantages on using Tachis at earlier levels.

level 50-85= IP shortage.
    Tachi= IP Blackhole.

And now for MA logic:
    Crit buffs. Crit buffs are stronger with Fists then with Tachies. Thus Tachies do not "leech" algorithmically from the crit buffs. Tachies have their independant Crits, BUT are "linked" with the crit buff, but again, do not leech.

Tho i'd rather have faster punches along with crits then a bunch of messy blades flying around whilst the punch is waiting for a chance to give the poor npc the "KNOCK DOWN BLOOWWW!!!!".
    =)

Do-You-Feel Da-Total-Beat? NA-TION!
    - Technoid level 80 MA, Natelie

Re: MA Tachi Multi-Wield

Originally posted by Natelie
    Please do not add the MA duell wield skill req.

My points of justification:

The punches kick in WAY slower with 2 Tachis. Tachis r generally very good for high levels but extremely bad for low levels due to their low damage output.

I do more damage with my fists then both myt achies put together. My minimal damage per punch is more then the max damage output of BOTH tachies added together.

Sure MA's can Punch whilst using 2 Tachies. THis leads poeple into thinking:

Isn't a punch plus 2 tachies per round better then just 1 punch?
    That's where u poeple r mistaken.

the 3 bars all have a re-charge level, but cannot and will not all attack at once. U cannot have Punch damage, DIRECTLY FOLLOWED by tachie damage.

Here...this might help explain my logic:

1 second recharge for punch without tachies:
    Seconds:
    2nd sec: Punch

Smooth rythmic and boring punching... all for high damage with crits...

1 second recharge for punch+ 2x 1.60 second recharge for both Tachis.

2nd sec: Tachi
    2.5fth sec: Tachi
    4rth Sec: Tachi
    5th Sec: Tachi
    6th Sec: Punch

there are always 2 more or less fast tachi slashed after each Punch. If u "flow" with the rythm..then u notice that it's a package deal: Get 1 Punch, get 2 Tachi slashes free.

BUT it is better to have: Get 1 Punch, get another Punch free!

Because Punches do more damage then 2 Tachies in earlier levels and have higher crits.

My point is:
    Tachi attack REPLACE Punches in the rythm.

In a musical way it would be:
    Fists only
    PUNCH-PUNCH-PUNCH-PUNCH (Like techno)

Fists with 2 Tachies:
    Punch- Slash-Slash Punch-Slash-Slash (Like arabien music)
    Or "Slash-Slash-Punch Slash-Slash-Punch" (We will rock u)

It is all rythmic.
    Techno beats are stronger and steady, thus doing more damage over time.

Whereas "We will we will rock u" beats are like
    Boom-Boom SSHH! (Pause) Boom-Boom SSHH! (Pause) Boom Boom SSHH!

I'd rather have more power Lokomotive "SH's" like SSHH SSHH SSHH SSHH!

Then have those weak annoying "BOOMS" interupt the mighty "SH's"

Get my point? =)

SO... do not add Duell Wield Reqs for Tachies before u make MA weaponary completely useless..... My IP's r stretched out as it is.... there are no real big advantages on using Tachis at earlier levels.

level 50-85= IP shortage.
    Tachi= IP Blackhole.

And now for MA logic:
    Crit buffs. Crit buffs are stronger with Fists then with Tachies. Thus Tachies do not "leech" algorithmically from the crit buffs. Tachies have their independant Crits, BUT are "linked" with the crit buff, but again, do not leech.

Tho i'd rather have faster punches along with crits then a bunch of messy blades flying around whilst the punch is waiting for a chance to give the poor npc the "KNOCK DOWN BLOOWWW!!!!".
    =)

Do-You-Feel Da-Total-Beat? NA-TION!
    - Technoid level 80 MA, Natelie
    Natelie, you are somewhat mistaken about the way that MA weapons work.

For Martial Arts, it's *2* seconds between punches, not one. All weapons including Martial Arts cap at 1s/1st attack/recharge. That means it takes 1 second for your bar to go up and 1 second for your bar to go down. The only time where you attack faster is your first hit, since the bar only has to go up.

That means between every punch there is 2 seconds where any other weapon (or nuke if you were a Casting class like myself) can go without hindering your speed.

Like I tried to explain to you in game, the slowdown of punches is an optical ILLUSION caused by a *Phantom Shot* that is a bug that has been in the game since release. For weapon users, it lookes like an extra shot before the real shot goes off. For melee users it looks like an extra swing before the real one goes off.

There is NO disadvantage to using MA weapons with Martial Arts, nor is there any disadvantage to dual weilding. It's a myth. When push comes to shove, you will still punch every 2 seconds. The difference here is that you will have hit 2 more times in between those punches.