Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Agents and critts, prepare to cry nerf!

Graxx show me where I said anything about a nerf. I was explaining the term insta-kill and it's use lately to the simpler minds.

Originally posted by eleetist

I mean really, classes each have their special talent... and so far it's been every class has one besides agents (snipers).
    lol, i love that. so the fact that you can use just about every nano in game isn't a speical talent?

lol, i love that. so the fact that you can use just about every nano in game isn't a speical talent?
    Yes but that only makes us gimped versions of whatever profession we are trying to emulate. The penalties associated with alternate profession nanos are very steep and that limits the range of useful nanos we can cast. Not to mention all the new nanos or "special" nanos that only the actual profession nanos can cast. This deep seated jealousy of the agent class by every profession has caused the agent to be nerfed continually every patch since 12.6. Even our agent "love" patch has nerfs in it and currently on test it is even more difficult to get aimed shot to fire only to have it plink for min aimed shot damage and sneaking missions is effectively dead as well. And you people want to nerf us more?

Simple fact prior to 12.6 many agents lived in FP adventurer for extra concealment to get aimed shot to fire. We used FP to help compensate for our weaknesses and to compliment our core agent abilities. We didn't need or care about pets...all that mattered was aimed shot and concealment. Then you nerf our core abilities to oblivion so in order to survive we had to focus on other profession nanos in order for us to be useful in a group. We started to rely on healpets in order to solo because groups didn't want us, all we could give to the group was buffs of other professions not in the group.

You people need to decide what you really want changed. There are a lot more professions more "uber" than an agent. And I'm sorry but our abilities in a very badly implemented PvP system has no real bearing in the balancing of our class. If that was the case traders would have been beaten to death by the nerf stick long ago. Aimed shot is the ONLY special that actually can be prevented. Just increase your perception and/or attack an agent first and aimed shot can be completely prevented from being fired...or at least that would be how it would work if concealment/perception checks were implemented in PvP.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Originally posted by Graxxus

Yes but that only makes us gimped versions of whatever profession we are trying to emulate. The penalties associated with alternate profession nanos are very steep and that limits the range of useful nanos we can cast. Not to mention all the new nanos or "special" nanos that only the actual profession nanos can cast. This deep seated jealousy of the agent class by every profession has caused the agent to be nerfed continually every patch since 12.6. Even our agent "love" patch has nerfs in it and currently on test it is even more difficult to get aimed shot to fire only to have it plink for min aimed shot damage and sneaking missions is effectively dead as well. And you people want to nerf us more?

Simple fact prior to 12.6 many agents lived in FP adventurer for extra concealment to get aimed shot to fire. We used FP to help compensate for our weaknesses and to compliment our core agent abilities. We didn't need or care about pets...all that mattered was aimed shot and concealment. Then you nerf our core abilities to oblivion so in order to survive we had to focus on other profession nanos in order for us to be useful in a group. We started to rely on healpets in order to solo because groups didn't want us, all we could give to the group was buffs of other professions not in the group.

You people need to decide what you really want changed. There are a lot more professions more "uber" than an agent. And I'm sorry but our abilities in a very badly implemented PvP system has no real bearing in the balancing of our class. If that was the case traders would have been beaten to death by the nerf stick long ago. Aimed shot is the ONLY special that actually can be prevented. Just increase your perception and/or attack an agent first and aimed shot can be completely prevented from being fired...or at least that would be how it would work if concealment/perception checks were implemented in PvP.
    Bravo!

Well said!

*golf clap*

Equipp that flashpoint for 100% sureshot kills.
    Or a Krutt walzing queen for some smooth critt action.
    Lol,you serious man?Flashpoint sucks...and there is no way an agent can use one...

Krutt ... if you are a smart agent you wouldnt use a slow wep with 1 special(****ty special may i add) with a nano that lasts for 5 sec. you will only get 2 shots off lol

most agents gonna use a rifle...only one special...and you have to be in sneak mode to use the special....so you cast 5 sec crit and jump into sneak...1 sec wasted right there...and wow 2 shots left before your UBER crit buff is out :/

yea..cry all you want..im crying too.you guys make me sick always complaining about every little mistake/misshap funcom makes...you are ruining the game.
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

A high level agent in the middle of the final level cap (e.g. somewhere around level 175 where they have been capped for over 10 levels) will have TONS of IP to spare. As such, it would be pretty easy to max out the skills needed to use a Flashpoint. I'm not saying you need a QL 200 one. As I showed eariler, a QL 161 Flashpoint will do much much much more damage with an alpha than an Ithaca ever could hope to do. Also, Flashpoints have an almost instantaneous euqip time, so swapping out the Flashpoint after the alpha is easy (if your target isn't already dead). Please note, you should use a NON-OE'd Flashpoint. Remember, specials are instantaneous. That means Fling, Burst, and Full Auto, would all happen within a span of 1 second (if that), and ALL would be crits. A Burst crit (let alone a Full Auto one) with a Flashpoint at QL 161 would hit the 40% cap on almost anyone in PvP. The only 2 classes who can have a prayer will be Soldiers using TMS, or one of the 20 NTs who have Nullity.

I think this is fair. Why? Because it is difficult to do and not only requires forethought, it requires breaking the mold in terms of IP distribution. It also requires an extremely high level to accomplish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234