Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition to bring back old 90 Point IPR!

See, you hit the nail on the head. Not for having the right answer, but for exactly defining WHY we need a continous way to reset IP.

You can make mistakes.
    You DO get a way to reset IP. It's just not open ended and wishy-washy... like you guys seem to be. You get a few points to reset when you get a new title. That is enough to make any reasonable modifications. If you don't feel it is, then you're not being reasonable or taking any credit or blame for your own decisions.

Originally posted by Meetloaf

You DO get a way to reset IP. It's just not open ended and wishy-washy... like you guys seem to be. You get a few points to reset when you get a new title. That is enough to make any reasonable modifications. If you don't feel it is, then you're not being reasonable or taking any credit or blame for your own decisions.

Personally I would rather have a one time full IPR reset now, and maybe have Funcom not change basic game mechanics a year later. That would take care of most of the problem.
    ~Chris

Angry i want 90 pts back

Personally I really wish it teh 90 pt reset was back. I was looking forward to have more to experiment with than just one reset, which i probably wont be able to 'undo' if it sux with my small amount of pts i get every title....As for the equations mentioned above, they will have to get those strate anyway because every title level we get IPR points, so that isnt really a valid argument

Originally posted by Lodrin-Omni

I still you think you are stuck in the 'world won't change' mindset.

Actually I'm in the mindset that no matter how drastic they nerf a weapon (maybe todays best choice), your new alternatives are still close to whatever old weapon was.
    Maybe the beam for the enforcer is one the best weapons and down the road gets nerfed all to hell. Since Enforcers buffs compliment this type of weapon, most people will use common sense and select a new weapon of this type. Would this enforcer switch to a newly released, really good, Assault Rifle? If so.. make a soldier.

I never said no one has experimented, but how many weapons have you actually tried... Lets say you never went to any spoiler sites, never downloaded a damage calculator, or taken advantage of someone elses stupidity (by letting them guinea pig with their ips's)... how do you know what's the best? So lets say you actually find the best for you today.
    Will it be the best for you tomorrow?

Again, classes compliment a certain "Type" of weapon. Whether it be from skill color to the buffs that increase it. If i decide that the best weapon is a Medium-Shotgun for my trader and then it is nerfed to hell. I am going to select another shotgun... Not a parry stick. I have tried out almost all the shotguns using two different classes, soldier and trader. And wasted very few IP doing so. (Fling on the trader and Shotgun on my Soldier).

So maybe someone who is totally omniscient, understands the damage calculation, initiative calculation, etc... will make the 'correct choices' for his class. If you've been around since July, you've seen the lovely changes Funcom has done. With gear, weapons, new stuff, etc... A complete guru can get SCREWED.

You think it's going to stop? Lol, 11 months and counting... you think it's gonna stop?

The IP system has alot of cool things about it, but it has alot of negative things about it too. We can cure the negative problems (gimping) with almost no downsides, why not?
    Again live with your choices. When super =D major changes come to game mechanics (is it a coincidence that 14.2 has both IPR and OE changes.... HMMMMMM heh) there will probably be another IPR. The ability to "experiment" or "try things out" can be accomplished by creating a newbie and trying out the other equipment. I mean come on. If you could only have 1 character on the server at a time i would agree with you 100%, but since you can have 8 and delete old gimps to make new ones, this is irrelevant.

Ps. there are no "correct" choices for a class.
    Last edited by Soccom; May 8th, 2002 at 00:40:03.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Bump

...bump...

But I guess the reason FC want to reset all skills when done is to prevent ppl to see that they have lost IP points (yes, some claim they have lost a lot of IP points) - hehe, really nice. But I was looking forward to that 90 IPRP.

== FC - LOOK HERE ==
    I know u want to reset all skills to get the right amount of IP points, but after a person reset all their skills, why can't u give them 15-30 IPRP after the reset, so ppl can experiment a little

Krabbus - Level 118 MA Engineer

The 90 point IPR won't be used for a very good reason - possibility of exploits. After looking at the 90 point IPR in great depth and after testing it alot, it was found there could be a few exploits with this option. So, we altered the IPR to what it is today - gaining IPR points at title levels.

Although I know some of you would have preferred the 90 point IPR, it is, in this case, to risky to include. If there are alot of things you wish to change about your character, then the IP reset awaits you in 14.2. Any further changes done to Anarchy Online (and we will keep it at the absolute minimum) will be covered by the IPR points you gain at your title levels.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

?

Originally posted by Cosmik
    The 90 point IPR won't be used for a very good reason - possibility of exploits. After looking at the 90 point IPR in great depth and after testing it alot, it was found there could be a few exploits with this option. So, we altered the IPR to what it is today - gaining IPR points at title levels.
    How can u exploit this Cosmik, u have to unequip everything each time u reset a skill - can't understand how u can exploit this? Are u afraid ppl will max their NP to make implants theirself and reset it after they have made it???

Please make a MAX button to max a skill, because it's really boring and slow to hold the + button in a skill, hehe... It takes really really long time (have over 10 skills to max)

well

How about maxing your INT, maxing comp lit, resetting INT again, getting to keep the maxed comp lit. Lots and lots and lots of trouble there.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Re: well

Originally posted by DaveDread
    How about maxing your INT, maxing comp lit, resetting INT again, getting to keep the maxed comp lit. Lots and lots and lots of trouble there.
    Ok, this is a problem I guess, but u can do this when u get the normal IP reset points, why don't we remove the hole IPR

If you do that, you're going to be pretty gimped . Int = Nanoskills. In a 5pt/1pt ratio. With the lowest breed's int capping at 400 (Atrox), that's 60 pts of nano you'll be missing
    Dest

That's true, but it can work to some people's advantage where they only wish to gain 1 skill and not care about keeping up the base ability.

I almost forgot about that scenario. I'm not sure how it can be any worse than regular IP allocation though. Every level, in order for someone to increase something like an init, agi is required, and for casters, they not care to keep agi up as much as they care about just getting the skill increase.

I think they should change skill point allocation so that base ability changes changes MUST be applied before they are calculated. I'm not sure if any other skill can be abused in a similar fashion, but they might even consider making it so you can only change 1 skill or ability at a time and that you must apply after each change or nothing gets calculated.

Just a thought, but I'm not sure if that works.

Altaire

Re: well

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Well uh, that works with the 1 time IPR as well.
    ~Chris

Post lol

And if you actually read the IPR article, they don't care if people do that. They also accept the fact people will make mules. FYI, tradeskills suck, mule away.

Resetting Int would gimp any character. Go right ahead. Lol, a very small group of pvp junkies might be able to squeeze an ounce of benefit out of it, as long as they don't level ever again. 200s aren't exactly short of IP either.

As long as they correctly code the "you must remove EVERYTHING in the wear tab, no exceptions" IPR can't really be abused in these imaginary ways.

If you can't find anyone at all to make your implants, you have social problems. Theres enough people out there who can get to 1k, and more are leveling up. Shining Life and MA are the only two reasons to bother anyways.

Hmmm according to FC, there is the potential for exploits with 90 IPR that you can't do with a dozen IPR.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Cosmik

Although I know some of you would have preferred the 90 point IPR, it is, in this case, to risky to include. If there are alot of things you wish to change about your character, then the IP reset awaits you in 14.2. Any further changes done to Anarchy Online (and we will keep it at the absolute minimum) will be covered by the IPR points you gain at your title levels.
    So you prefer to actually have a crappy system with no exploits whatsoever... to a great system with insignificant 'exploits'?

That isn't sensible.

What are these great exploits anyway that you can do with a 90pt system, but not a IPR per title level system? I want to know.

Second, being totally honest, I have no faith whatsoever in the 'we will keep it at the absolute minimum.' Nothing in your track record over 11 months would support this.

Maybe if I could bring my 107 doc to Test, I'd actually try to find exploits in their 90-point IPR...the current system is acceptable, if extremely limited compared to the previously proposed version.

Ah, well. At least FC has realized that it produces buggy, exploit-prone patches.

Angry

Originally posted by Mor
    AO has more crying babies than any other MMORPG available.

I mean your getting a freaken IP re-set!!! MMORPGs don't do that very often, if EVER!!!
    As others have stated, and from what I know and have read, NO other MMOG fvcks with their playerbase as much as AO and FUncom do. If FUncom wasn't constantly adding and then nerfing stuff it wouldn't be a problem, but that's what they do.

BTW, DAoC just implimented a skill reset feature. I heard they had some problems with it, though...

Originally posted by Irritated
    Why not have the ability to change your name/breed/profession every 48 hours.. I don't see anything wrong with that either!!!
    Good idea, maybe all of us fixers can make ungimped traders.

As stated before, there has never been a MMORPG that allows this..

[...]

Learn to live with your choices. I can't believe they are doing IPR at all. This is very generous.
    See above.

The ability to "experiment" or "try things out" can be accomplished by creating a newbie and trying out the other equipment.
    Since when has the low level game been anything *remotely* like the high level game? Are you gonna take that level 30 character into a ql200 mission to see how well that new gun works?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123