Thread: If the new "all-at-once" IPR reset is meant to fix the "I'm losing IP bug".

Wink If the new "all-at-once" IPR reset is meant to fix the "I'm losing IP bug".

then please make sure it works. Your secret is out - there is a bug and we are all losing IP. But, it doesn't do any good to use this tactic for IP-reset unless you have fixed the bug that was causing the problem in the first place. Hopefully, that can be accomplished by 14.2...

There's gonna be a whole lot of people checking their total IP to make sure it matches up with what they should have for their level when they do the 14.2 IP-reset.

Yupp, I will test this on a toon Im not using before doing it on my main, and my guess is there will be a lot of very loud screaming if it does not work.....
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Shadelore
    Yupp, I will test this on a toon Im not using before doing it on my main, and my guess is there will be a lot of very loud screaming if it does not work.....
    Yup, but I was more referring to the IP bug that's been present before all this IP-reset thing started... If they don't fix that first, what good does it do to reset our IP if we continue to lose IP due to this bug after the 14.2 patch?

Does IPR include IP rings that used to be in the game?
    If not, so many people that used them are going to scream that they lost TONS of IP..
    BUG BUG BUG
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Irritated
    Does IPR include IP rings that used to be in the game?
    If not, so many people that used them are going to scream that they lost TONS of IP..
    BUG BUG BUG
    Yes, but they would be incorrect to call that a bug...

As everyone knows, we all get "x" amount of IP points at "y" level. I don't remember what the #'s are off-hand, but they've been posted several places on this board and the forums on fan sites as well... All anyone has to do is some simple math and they can figure out exactly how much IP a level 43 character should have, for example....

Exclamation

It won't be quite so obvious, since they aren't resetting map nav. Although a 2 minute calculation won't be hard (look up profession cost for map nav, look up an IP formula) it will keep it from being a "WTF, where is my IP?!" for some people, they'll just accept they have X IP and start spending.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

It doesnt work that way.

It does all your skills backwards to base, not purge everything and just assign X ip, and auto-spend your map nav to where it used to be.

When you do it you get messages like

You recieved X IP from X skill
    You recieved Y IP from Y skill
    You recieved Z IP from Z skill

etc.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Exclamation

Yuck.

Well, we will see for sure then. The bug that is.

Advents who rolled early in the game and dumped into MR are going to get screwed out of IP.

Exploiters with far too much IP and some legitimate people with a little extra IP won't have to worry though

What, that bug that doesnt exist?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    What, that bug that doesnt exist?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=18337
    Last edited by Bronto_Cowboy; May 9th, 2002 at 09:49:17.

Talking

Wanna place bets?

Hmm, if you lose though, who gets the credits maybe you have to donate to some newbies on the opposite faction.