Thread: No XP from mobs in missions...

No XP from mobs in missions...

Mobs standing in acid pools etc, in cave missions. If a mob is standing in one when it is killed by a player, the player gains no XP. The workaround is to pull the mob out of the slime. Still...pretty odd bug if you ask me.

Re: No XP from mobs in missions...

Additionally, the mob doesn't count toward the mission token, so you lose all around.

Unas

This is related to acid, but it's not the only condition that causes it to happen - it's the damage over time element, I think, that causes it.

I say that because in an office mission, if a mob dies from a damage shield, you don't get experience all the time, either.

Yes, very odd and annoying bug.

It happens with the acid because all that time the mob was standing there taking 3 damage and immediately healing, it was counting towards damage to the mob. Once the total damage done to it goes over 50% (or whatever the percentage is) of the mob's hit points, you won't get any xp. Same rule applies to players, if Player A and Player B are attacking, and Player A does 50% of the damage to a mob, he'll get full xp while Player B gets little or none.

Doesn't mean the acid thing isn't stupid, though.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.