Thread: new pistols

Thumbs down new pistols

I know you want to fix adventurers... but making all the new pistols that are any good advent only (one poor qual pistol without the advent only and also uses energy ammo) does not make me happy as a pistol weilding soldier.

I am extreemly displeased about one being labeled OT army pistol... yet soldiers can't use it... does that seem right that a profression that is labeled as being a soldier and part of the OT military can not use the standard sidearm?

please change that requirement problem... if even on that one gun... help the pistol weilding soldiers because your arrow gun is a joke to me. <polishes his MTI USP 21's>
    Last edited by Larelen; May 5th, 2002 at 12:28:28.

Yeah its a shame.

Freedom Arms were powerful guns...and would have been even more powerful with a player running around with UVC. FAs were nerfed before we ever saw that happen. God I would have loved to have a pre FA with UVC today.

But with the gutting of the pistols by the removal then replacement with a nerfed version. THere is really slim pickings for decent pistols. For any of the pistol classes.

Adventurers definitely needed something. Not saying that they didnt.

But many pistols are poor substitutes for Shotguns or assault rifles.

Personally i wish they would address the pistol problem. Now the player base is broader and we have experimented with ranges of weapons. What do we find everyone is packing a shotgun....for its crit value. So FAs were the rush for great damage......then we all moved to Shotguns.

Come on put some pistols back in the game that really do some damage.

Phinger 178 NT
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

still the raider exists noticed em pre fa ^^ and the skills actully aint that shabby..... the same style compared to a pistol in that way its fast has low normal dmg high crit and another type of attack.... and dual but the thing that probarly got fa nerfed (had mega low MR) was that you could dual em when you could wear em basicly

only 3 other skills which is sad... but as they arent higher then the pistol you can self equip em later in game... but yea... fas were nice
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Hmm check anti on damage calcualtions pre FAs where huge damage masters.

Post just suck the rear end.

Even a Light beamer craps over post FAs.

Phinger 178 Nt
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Why is the "arrow gun" (The IMI Tellus TT) worthless to you? That looks like a very nice gun.
    RETIRED

I personally know a brave soul, er, soldier who will be using a Tellus and prenerf FA after reset. It looks like a good combination to me, and it will be very unique. I think he will still manage to use a flashpoint or westinghouse for initial attacks with all that IP.

The tellus is very close to a nova, with different requirements. More normal damage, less crit damage. With the best 14.2 crit buff a pathetic 7% and almost as hard to cast as UVC, higher normal damage is a good thing. Slightly larger clip, same specials, same attack/recharge. Dual weildable too, although it has the typical insane 1000+ req on ql200.

Oh yeah, anyone want to sell me a completed 200 tellus? I owe him lots of favors
    Last edited by Mercatura; May 6th, 2002 at 01:54:41.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things