Thread: "Social" mode?

"Social" mode?

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, it's hard to search for something specific in the maremagnum of posts... anyway, there it goes:

It'd be nice having a "mode toggle" between social and combat/exploration/whatever mode.

Let me explain. As the game is, you find people inside cities wandering around in full armor and carring their guns everywhere they go. I think it adds to the atmosphere having all the social elements in the game (like clothing) but right now, it's a pain to remove all the armor and guns and equip them only to "feel cool". It would be a lot better having another pane in the inventory window like the weaps/clothes/imps (for example) for your "social" mode, where you put clothes and food/drink/etc if you want and have a mode switch toggle to automatically change the outfit without fussing with the inventory. I think that would make the cities "friendlier", they'd look more like places where people live and less like military encampments.

Awesome idea Microserf. Hoping that this will be added in the future.
    Rippler - Legend

umm

look at my post in the "in progress" section.

not sure if ill do this link right as im clueless on stuff like this:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=4324

so just like copy/paste it..or someone who knows what they are doing can relink it for me. thanx.

Talking A general solution ?

I've already POSTED something about Macros & Scripts that includes what you want. I think what you want could be developped with a script/macro if these were powerful

Have a look here :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=21738

Maahlem

*bump*

It's like the 10th thread posted to suggest that that I see since I started playing 6 month ago. Let's hope they'll finally implement it someday ;)

(I'm currently switching to social clothing by hand as soon as I'm not doing a mission or lfg, it's quite tiresome and most people can't do it because they need tons of buffs from other prof. to equip their stuff)

Ok, so it wasn't an all that original idea. I'm glad this has been discussed earlier.

In any event, I just found out that you can add equipment to the shortcut bar, that makes it easier (yes, I'm new to the game, so what). Still won't work with dual weapons, arm armor or at all with over equipped items, but that's not my primary concern.

regardless...

regardless if it was original or not..its still a really good idea.

i also have my primus coat hotkeyed so i just click on it and can at least walk around in mk2 armor instead.

bump...and go bump my thread in the 'in progress' section too pls.

This is a great idea because most people have armor that requires more then a +12 ability boost to put back on. I would love to take my helmet off and show off my great blond hair but I’d need to track down an Agent so I could get it back on (Feline Grace).

If this was added I would expect a higher use of social clothing and that would be cool

PS - I still wish I could put my bikini over my Omni-Pol Armor like I could do before

Bump, that's really a great idea

love it!

bump, this is a great idea! good luck getting any staff to read it

(you can make me eat my words, please do)
    Patch 14.2 hit you for 10,000 points of nerf damage. Critical Hit!

bump bump bump...asking for a wrangle after every beer I drink is annoying..and it's hard to flirt with a pretty girl while waving a SMG around.

PLEASE take this into consideration FC?
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Post ..

Great idea, I DO, however, think that it should check the items stats when switching back to 'combat mode' from 'social mode' to ensure that you have the required abilities.

You see, I have always intentionally worn equipment I can wield self-buffed simply to be social, as have most true role players. Adding a social tab to allow over-equippers to get past this doesn't make any sense to me. With the current rules, you have a choice: Powergamer or RPer...

So, yes, make a 'quick-change' tab to manage changing (as you asked for) - but not something that rewards twinks...

Provisioner
    Trader: The trader is the most trade-skill oriented of all professions.

with 14.2 that shouldn't matter much.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Re: ..

Originally posted by Provisioner
    Great idea, I DO, however, think that it should check the items stats when switching back to 'combat mode' from 'social mode' to ensure that you have the required abilities.
    I'd rather have them have it their way than have the city full of gun-toting dudes in full armor. It also will be better to keep the channels clear of "someone shouts I need a <whatever> buff plz" a zillion times. The other way around would only discourage that kind of people from using the social mode altogether, missing the whole point.

Re: love it!

Originally posted by Sygnus
    bump, this is a great idea! good luck getting any staff to read it

(you can make me eat my words, please do)
    A similar thread was started some months ago and someone from funcom (community liaison or something like that) said he'd pass the issue to the dev team.