Thread: A Modest Proposal

A Modest Proposal

Soldiers heed my call and unite. We shall not tolerate this unsuferable ignorance of our noble profession. I hearby demand(nicely) the following things for the soldiers of Rubi-Ka.

[1] Grenades that equip into a HUD spot and recycle like a special
    - do AOE stun or DD
    [2] Mirror shields that will always take prescedence over deflection shields
    -another idea is that with mirror active deflection goes idle and turns back on when mirror runs out
    [3] More AR selection and availability of current guns With IP cost being much higher for profs with blue ar then currently is
    -viable alternatives plz
    [4] Make the hp buff line more useful by increasing heal delta by a large amount or
    - makin it have a HoT
    - maybe even makin it make 1st aid recycle faster
    [5] Make auto targeting have a ini and/or crit buff

Kalashnakof [LvL] 117

PS I am completely and fully aware that other profs are much more needy then the soldiers but the fact remains that soldiers have been left out and need a little somethin somethin u know.

any remarks against soldier's perceived uberness will be met with a brutal reprisal.

oh yea and grenades need hvy weaps ar ranged ene and grenade as reqs. to keep other profs grubby hands off em ;þ

Thumbs up

A reload button would be very nice. Not just for soldiers either
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Okay, let me start out by saying I have nothing against soldiers being the heavy damage dealers/secondary tanks in this game.

There, now that that is out of the way...

1. Grenades

While it is a good idea to have grenades that do DD and stun (ala Frag and concussion grenade) I don't think that having them as items equipped into the hud is the right way to go. They are a weapon, simply put. Now maybe if you had assault rifles that had underbarrel grenade launchers, that took grenade ammo, this would work, using it as a special. But individual grenades? The only way I can see these working would be if they were sold in stacks from the stores. Buy a stack, ql is nonexistent on them, damage scales in accordance with your grenade skill. Put the stack in a hand, there ya go. Maybe a five second attack time (cook off) and a .5 recharge. Granted, this would probably also require the reduction of equip time on them and other weapons, so you could switch back and forth quickly, but I think it would work. Having a grenade in your HUD that recharges indefinately is the wrong way to go about it though.

2. Mirror Shield

I know nothing about this, so I won't embarrass myself by making comments on it.

3. Assault Rifles

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly. You want professions that don't have a green assault rifle skill to have to work harder to use the assault rifles than they currently do? Essentially, a penalty for using an assault rifle and not being a soldier? Because if that is what you are asking, then I think you should rethink it. It's quite selfish to think that. Assault rifles are not profession specific. Very few weapons in the game, aside from the unique/special weapons have any profession or breed specifics at all. That is the way this game was designed, so that if you wanted to be a nanomage martial artist who wields assault rifles, you could do it. Granted it would be difficult, but not impossible. It's not fair to try and impose an additional penalty on people who try and be diverse. That's like saying anyone that isn't an atrox, who tries to use str/sta armor should be penalized even further than he is by having to spend extra IP on abilities. See my point?

If that is not how you meant that statement to mean, then please disregard the previous paragraph

4. First aid should cycle faster for everyone, not just soldiers. That should be an across the board change.

5. I don't understand this, could you please elaborate?

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

I think these are pretty reasonable comments.

Maybe grenades ala bow special attack arrows should be implemented! Of course we'd need a nice skill check on grenade (Or would this be "thrown weapons") I'm more inclined for it to bethrown.

And more than just a soldier would be able to throw a grenade, surely.

As far as AR goes, a soldier can have 1000+ in attack rating, whereas a NT with an AR will have maybe 500-600. Thats a massive, massive difference, I'm not sure that that really needs to be addressed.

I agree with your other thoughts and things like the HP/AC line, and AT buffs too (pending on the crit increase, something small like 5 or so - we have to see what FC have in mind for the MA other buffs etc - but extra init makes sense)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: A Modest Proposal

Originally posted by KrisKo
    Soldiers heed my call and unite. We shall not tolerate this unsuferable ignorance of our noble profession. I hearby demand(nicely) the following things for the soldiers of Rubi-Ka.

[1] Grenades that equip into a HUD spot and recycle like a special
    - do AOE stun or DD
    [2] Mirror shields that will always take prescedence over deflection shields
    -another idea is that with mirror active deflection goes idle and turns back on when mirror runs out
    [3] More AR selection and availability of current guns With IP cost being much higher for profs with blue ar then currently is
    -viable alternatives plz
    [4] Make the hp buff line more useful by increasing heal delta by a large amount or
    - makin it have a HoT
    - maybe even makin it make 1st aid recycle faster
    [5] Make auto targeting have a ini and/or crit buff

Kalashnakof [LvL] 117

PS I am completely and fully aware that other profs are much more needy then the soldiers but the fact remains that soldiers have been left out and need a little somethin somethin u know.

any remarks against soldier's perceived uberness will be met with a brutal reprisal.
    ...naw, let's just eat children.

oh yea forgot that part. nice to see someone get it