Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO for XBOX??? Great idea!!!!

if this game were to be allowed onto any consoles funCOM are going to have to IMPRPOVE it 10fold!

exaclty he he he its a double edge sword. They make inroads we get rewarded for it /bump back to the top wit ya
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

At first this looks like a good idea, but trust me, its not.

You know all those spoiled brats that get their parents to buy them everything and whine for hours on end if they don't get it? Every spoiled brat that I know has an Xbox (I am not targetting you if you have an Xbox, just the people who I have meet in RL) but they never use a computer. My guess is that they don't want to wait through the instalation process to be able to play the game, they would rather put it in and start right away.
    If this game comes out on an Xbox version those spoiled brats which I have met will buy it the day its released, and begin ruining the game ASAP. Do you want some lvl 7 idiot demanding that you go and get Nelebs robe for them? Then would you want them sending petitions against you if you refuse?
    I know I don't

put them on the new german server since it will be way underpopulate. several german freinds i have say that it's a joke anyway:0 . /still bumping.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

bumpedy bump bump.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

AO on a console? I have a very fast HDD and 1G of RAM. AO could probably be ported, but judging how AO thrashes even my PC, the console would burst into flames after 20 minutes.

I can see it now: 'Warranty void when using AO'

Anglais.

re

AO for Xbox?

What the hell guy's, would you really want your Xbox to get all screwed up? lol

I am not hardware expert.

How they patch at console?

easy x-box has a 10megabit ethernet card and a 10 gig hard drive. patches would have to be alot more screwtinized. and hardware requirements would have to come down abit. aka no swaping 2gigs of textures every second. but we on the computer side would benifet from the better patching policies and better game memmory managment.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Right.

Consoles.

Right.

They once put quake3 on console. Console users get their asses kicked in by PC users. (yes, there are some concole-only servers for quake and stuff, but hey! No problem for a PC-user toa ccess them. And PCusers kick their behind.

Why?

Because console controlling systems suck! For footballgames and mortal kombat type of games, consoles might be the right thing, but for big games with lotsa buttins, where things happens fast, and you really need to target certain points of your screen fast enough (hit F3 to select tank, hit 4 to execute healprogram etc, select adds with mouse and hit 7 to root/calm. Things like that just don't happen fast enough with the stinky conslecontrollers)

Consoles are good for five things:
    1: mortal kombatr style-games
    2: Mario brothers
    3: football games
    4: racing games
    5: paperweights

Anything beyond that requires a mouse or a keyboard.

If AO comes on a console, I will consider quitting. Or at least kick console users from my teams

"Hey, you are reacting slow! Are you playng on a console?
    "yes"
    "bye!"
    *you were kicked from team*
    toons:
    90-ish enf --- soon by the 100-milestone. Soo slooooow development
    30-ish MP --- likes nanoprogramming
    40-ish trader --- not as overequipped as he should have been
    30-ish MA --- was suposed to be critbuff-dispencer
    10-ish DOC --- eat nanokits like candy, and attracts mobs like bees to honey
    10-ish NT --- I would give ANYTHING to get NT's extractor-line on my ENF.
    10-ish MP --- reroll of the above one. Found out that the first one was funnier to play
    10-ish ENF --- intended to try duelwield, but the first lvls until i get my first mongo is kinda boring

I have created monsters. - Gummizluv
    Yes Gummi, but unfortunately only one monster (nerd) - Intra

When a pump action shotgun fires more rounds per minute than a sub-machine gun, you've just entered Anarchy Online... - ReelBigFish

hope this helps. I confuse myself somtimes - Irritated

Enforcer is gimp, be a soldier... - Seb

could you tell if they used usb keyboards and mice. and wouldn't you wanna play on your 54' HDTV from the couch. Yes this is possible. The connections on front of the xbox are all usb. so keyboard mouse easy as making a oversized adapter (comming later this year actualy). Operating system.. Just a striped down version of XP. 733 processor. 10 gig hard drive. connects to a cable modem.... 54' HDTV. 300 dollor price tag for box. (same as uber video card). Has a geoforce 3 card. So I'll take the don't knock it till you try it on this one
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

back to the top wit cha
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Everquest for the PSX2 is not infact the EQ you all know..its gonna be a spin off of the origanal game called "everquest Adventures" if i remember the title correctly. I dont know details if the game will even remotely resemble the PC game, but look at Baulders gate for PC and for PSX2..2 games called "baulders gate" but 100% different types of games. (one is RPG other is hack and slash action game). Expect the PSX2 EQ to be a watered down something or other and would you really want a watered down AO?

edit: found the link to it
    http://everquestonlineadventures.station.sony.com/
    Last edited by ulala; Apr 27th, 2002 at 17:19:43.

Bah, forget it.

On a tv you can't go higher than 800*600, interlaced (I don't know what max res xbox supports anyway). It doesn't looks very good, and the ingame interfaces would eat up most of this space.

Plus, manipulating the game with a pad would be near impossible (yet they'd probably have to implement it by microsoft requirement)

You would need to buy a mouse and a keyboard to be able to play properly (does those even exist for the xbox yet ? I don't know if xbox have usb connectors)

And then, they would have to maintain two sets of patches and two different versions of the client, with different bugs and different user interfaces. They would also have to make sure that all of the 3rd party libraries they use can work on xbox.

And since the game has to be able to patch itself, it would have to install itself entirely on the harddisk (dvd wouldn't cut it anyway IMO with the big loading times of AO)... Just think about how ridiculous it might get, to have to install a game on a game console :)

sony is releasing eqverquest for the PS2 but the thing is......you cant connect to the regular EQ servers.... its a seperate game on its own and will only have one server. even the time line is different.

AO could be made for a console system but then it wil have its own server and patching will be limited.

Let me spell it out for you I have a HDTV 1080 resolution is it's highest and the xbox supports it. I run anarchy right now on my 1.4 gig athlon at 800x 600. Ok yes i can run cables all the way from my ALL IN WONDER. radeon in fact ive done it. but its not the same. I personaly would love to sit on my couch when I have a all night gaming session and plug away watching on my 54' screen. Yes the text is readable. Yes I could do this now, But I would want the game refined to the point where it only used 64 megs of ram the xbox has thus reducing memmory usage on our computer now. You people with ps2's need to play a xbox for awhile. You DO NOT have to water down the game for the XBOX. IT IS A COMPUTER. Just fix it..... sorry for the rant. love out to ya guys.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12