Thread: New player changes: Cheaters welcome.

Exclamation New player changes: Cheaters welcome.

No loss of XP from death until lvl 30
    No Resurrection Shock until lvl 25
    No loss of items until lvl 15
    The start-up First Aid and Treatment kits have had their charges drastically increased. They will now have 300 charges, so healing should be plentiful in the beginning.

When this crap goes LIVE :

- I install macro express and create a macro that hunts mobs till lvl30
    - I'll do missions and if i'll die i dont care cuz i have nothing to loose.
    - I dont team-up till lvl30 because i dont need a team.
    - The new players wont get any higher lvl than 30 because they have no idea how to play.
    - The funfactor in this game has been nerfed the 100th time.
    - On the new upcoming server every1 will be lvl30 within hours.

Regards,
    Itburnz *pissed*

lol

I think your , stressed here.

Those changes are ment to help new players.

If you have been playing a while you know the 1st few levels fly anyway. Heck Do a little twink and poof your level 50.
    Use it the way you want, who cares. It is a game!

/me hands Itburnz a stiff drink!!

Talking hey

I want back all the exp I lost for all my chrs when under lvl 30!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Yeah, Xenomorph, I think that's reasonable.

Maybe if all of players whine enough about how hard the game is, we can get Funcom to give us unlimited IP to all classes at all levels. That's the only way AO can be truly be fun.

ROFL Rockpitt.
    I can make a lvl30 character in 2 days, without macroing.
    Get over it.
    No one seems to remember having your highest character at lvl 15. This game has a large learning curve compared to other games and is very customizable. I have seen a lot of low lvl people quit because they are confused and tired of losing (to them) hours of experience worth of lvls. Most new people don't know the best places to hunt and quick ways to gain experience. Nor do they have an alt with many friends.

We all know how helpful arks are and a lot of players in game can be d!cks (Saw a guy telling a enforcer to max pistol every lvl because at higher lvls pistols are the best weapons in the game).
    Things like this, which are totally meaningless to twink alts, to keep people playing AO, can't be bad.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Get over it? What's up with that Irritated? It's a tongue-in-cheek statement with regard to what can be accomplished with enough whining. I guess you spend so much time making characters and putting links to them in your posts, its gotten hard for you to recognize that. Am I suppose to be impressed by your efforts by the way? If you want to read on this topic, its already being hashed out under "Next Patch - New Player changes."

Originally posted by Irritated
    We all know how helpful arks are and a lot of players in game can be d!cks (Saw a guy telling a enforcer to max pistol every lvl because at higher lvls pistols are the best weapons in the game).
    Things like this, which are totally meaningless to twink alts, to keep people playing AO, can't be bad.
    Have you thought about the fact that after the change; one could become an ARK without ever having lost xp? ;)

Wambly, you just scared me, please stop that! I don't want to think of a new scenario.

Player:
    /petition I just was killed through a wall in a 100% zone by a player and lost all my xp! What happened?

ARK:
    "Greetings <Name here>, I am NU-B ARK. You say you lost your xp? Well thats a bug if I ever saw one, we're currently looking into it."
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Newbie ARK's

Sorry, guys.. that just won't happen.
    1: The req's for becoming an ARK is going to be raised (and that was decided a long time ago).
    2: To be an ARK you have to go through an interview, where you among other things have to say for how long a time you have played AO, I don't think FC will accept a guy that joined a week before the interview.
    Bris bris puste meg i nakken
    Det blir kaldt i frakken og kroppen skrike
    kom bris bris, sett meg fri
    Skru på sirenen og gje meg varige mèn

Bris gjer meg roser i kinnet, tar vekk vonde minner
    Bris du har stengt oss inne. Du vinner, du vinner

Re: Newbie ARK's

Originally posted by Jolea
    I don't think FC will accept a guy that joined a week before the interview.
    Unless he has good macr... communication skills.

This said, I do sincerily think that Pac-Man could be a nice change for ppl that find the game too hard.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Re: Re: Newbie ARK's

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Unless he has good macr... communication skills.

This said, I do sincerily think that Pac-Man could be a nice change for ppl that find the game too hard.
    The interview is on IRC, not ingame. No macros are helping. Of course, you HAVE to use macros as a ARK. I know I won't be writing the same thing over and over to players when I start as a greeter if I decide to become a ARK.
    Bris bris puste meg i nakken
    Det blir kaldt i frakken og kroppen skrike
    kom bris bris, sett meg fri
    Skru på sirenen og gje meg varige mèn

Bris gjer meg roser i kinnet, tar vekk vonde minner
    Bris du har stengt oss inne. Du vinner, du vinner

Re: Re: Re: Newbie ARK's

Originally posted by Jolea

The interview is on IRC, not ingame. No macros are helping. Of course, you HAVE to use macros as a ARK. I know I won't be writing the same thing over and over to players when I start as a greeter if I decide to become a ARK.
    Yes, my favorite macro is

/macro Ignore_Player /say Please send everything you just told me to bugs@anarchyonline.com and they will take care of your problem
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Originally posted by Rockpitt
    Get over it? What's up with that Irritated? It's a tongue-in-cheek statement with regard to what can be accomplished with enough whining. I guess you spend so much time making characters and putting links to them in your posts, its gotten hard for you to recognize that. Am I suppose to be impressed by your efforts by the way? If you want to read on this topic, its already being hashed out under "Next Patch - New Player changes."
    I was laughing at your comment.
    I said get over it to the original poster.
    I've spent a lot of time at the lower lvls talking and helping other players.
    This is either going to
    A. Not effect you (I can lvl to 30 without dying at all anyway)
    B. or will help you a lot by allowing you to explore and test your boundries without fear of losing 2-5 hours of a lvl. Newbies with no implants/under equiped armor and weapons have a hard time taking down greens. Ever see a plyer try 3 times and die to a green mob?
    This game is free for 7 days, it is also free to download. A lot of people leave because it doesn't cost them anything to play in the beginning. I would love for a lot of these people to hang around.

As for my signature line. so many people on these boards want to know the validity of your opinions. Try only playing an enforcer and go to the NT board and post your opinions about their class. They don't like it much. I got tired of people asking me what characters i play and what lvl they are. So i posted my characters. If this bothers and intimidates you, I really don't care.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

I'm quite certain that all the high level 'gods' don't remember this stuff, so I'll go ahead and dispense my godly lowbie experience.

Since AO shipped, I've probably leveled at least 50 characters up to level 25-50 or so. This is no exaggeration, and it was almost entirely done solo.

MAs are easy to the point of being unbalanced for the first 10-25 levels. I have been able to get the first 10 levels in under an hour with an MA soloing, no problem. I did this with a character who started with no twinkage other than they had the personal healing nano, 25 low QL chargers and 25 low QL kits to start with. I think it could be done faster.

Traders, possibly the most versatile class in the game, are the absolute hardest class to start bar none. Remember, there are no deprives/ransacks until level 7 or so. In fact, there is no nothing until level 7 or so...heh

Crats are bar none the second easiest class to solo after level 2. Once you get a bot, you have the combination of solar pistol, MA bot, and 15 pt dd that you can cast 4-5 times. If you have 5-600 creds to spend on chargers, crats are unstoppable until about level 8 or so, then unstoppable again after they get mez. Nobody, and I mean nobody, appreciates how powerful crats are.

Doctors aren't too bad as long as you have nano chargers, but once you burn through those (you start with 15 chargers, so usually you are out after 15 fights or 1.5 levels) then you are relegated to either begging NTs for humidity so you can continue to solo, or actually SITTING DOWN and waiting for nano to come back. Or maybe you are lucky and you have saved enough phat newbie loot to drop 300+ credits on some more chargers. Difficulty ramps up considerably at about level 5-8 or so for solos, and continues going up slowly from there until the end of time.

NTs start out weak, then get extremely powerful in the first 50 levels. Remember, the first nuke is a debuff/nuke, so it does very little damage. They start with the dreaded solar pistol. At the point where you get shockball, though, the fun really begins. It's usually not too hard to find a place where you can shockball 2-3 mobs at a time to death, gaining levels pretty quickly but with extreme risk. NTs will benefit greatly from no xp loss to level 30. :) I predict sales of shockball will skyrocket :)

Enforcers are pretty easy, especially after you get the first rage nano. Second only to MA in ease at that point. Not being able to heal is hard, but enforcers have no nanos, and a pretty easy time finding compatible armor and weapons in missions, so kits are easy to come by.

Soldiers are rediculously hard at low levels considering that they are a combat class. The solar AR is good because it can burst, probably the most powerful starter weapon in fact, but the killer is no healing ability. Soldiers go through the first 15 kits as fast as docs do, but luckily they don't have to spend as much to replace them since they don't need nano chargers.

Engies are a total joke for the first level or two. The first bot can barely solo a leet, even with your help. If the bot dies, you die, period. Luckily engies get 2-3 new bots a level, so it doesn't take long before you can upgrade to something that is more suitable.

Agents, another extremely difficult start. Solar rifle is major suckage, with it's 2 pt aimed shot as the only special. Not too bad if you go MA until you get a better rifle. Pretty much worthless otherwise.

Fixers, another class with a bursting starter gun. It only bursts for about 15, but that's enough to almost kill a leet. You can solo pretty well for the first 3-4 levels if you are patient enough to wait for burst between fights. This also saves you creds on kits.

Adventurers are pretty much like Doctors...they burn through kits healing, so they need chargers fast. Advents aren't too bad if you dual pistols and forego all but the healing nano skills and damage shields at lower levels. Any IP wasted on morphs, etc will cause you to be hurting for IP at around 50. And ESPECIALLY don't use 1he, it looks like an interesting idea, but it isn't. lol

Without a doubt, the first 30 or so levels of the game are the hardest. You are playing with inexperienced people who frequently get you killed, you are making poor choices with your IP, and unless you are just soloing missions, the gameworld is daunting with rollerrats that chase you down and kill you every time you leave town.

Of course, that is assuming you don't make a beeline for lush fields mine the second you come out the sack, like most folks do. I find camping spawns boring so I don't do that.
    Last edited by griemdaall; Apr 24th, 2002 at 19:46:04.

Wink

Traders are like sages in the nintendo game DW3, if anyone remembers that.

So much more fun as a second class for a well-learned player. Horrible newbie class, which is why they were so rare and un-uber for awhile.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: hey

Originally posted by xenomorph
    I want back all the exp I lost for all my chrs when under lvl 30!
    LOL, how much is that? 30k?
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: Newbie ARK's

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    This said, I do sincerily think that Pac-Man could be a nice change for ppl that find the game too hard. [/B]
    Thats exactly the point, funcom doesn't want people playing PacMan. From a buisness/marketting standpoint this is a very good move.

Never mind levelling. I'm going to start pvp char and stop at lvl 24. No rez shock, no loss of items (whatever that means), plentiful healing? Sign me up. I'll be at the MMD reclaim...

A.