Thread: Risk and accomplishment! 14.2 death penalty changes.

Angry Risk and accomplishment! 14.2 death penalty changes.

Death will mean NOTHING. It will not be exiting or scary, the only thing that will remain is that it will be annoying to travel back to the place you died.

The first time I played the first levels the game was awesome, I feared the rollerats, the virulent minibull was a pain in the ass, it was hard to live through the main rooms of my missions. Each of these events made the game truly exiting. Unfortunatly the rollerats become gray, as well as the minibull and the main rooms require a lot of practice and character tweaking but I learned to use tactics to survive those, the game got a LOAD less exiting, often to the extend of being repetious and boring.

This change will garrantee boring and repetious gameplay for all levels, because the levels were risk really still exist will also be released from it. There is no way in the world this is gonna improve gameplay and it will sure ruin a lot.

Exclamation The source

The source of my reaction:
    http://ao.stratics.com
    14.2 patch notes

*New player changes:
    -Many people find the first levels and hours on Rubi-Ka difficult. This has never been the goal, thus we have reduced the penalty for dying in the very beginning. This is the new changes:
    o 1. No loss of XP from death until lvl 30
    o 2. No Resurrection Shock until lvl 25
    o 3. No loss of items until lvl 15

Levels

I would rather not spend 2 hours playing the game, die 30 minutes away from where I was bound, wait on a boat to get to the destination, and hopefully loot my corpse before a mob 5 levels over me gacks me. On top of that, I would have lost a level in the process of this, i.e. 2 hours woth of fighting.

In addendum, getting to level 30 in AO is the equiv. of getting to level 9 in EQ.

Anarchy Online = Level 200: Level 30
    EverCamp = Level 60: Level 9

The reclaim and insurance terminals are a feature, and something a casual gamer like me considers a godsend. If I feel that the game is getting boring, I find something else to do until I want to play the game again.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%