Thread: Reload Hotkey..we need one

Reload Hotkey..we need one

I know this topic has been posted before but never seen a reply. I honestly cant see where this would be that hard to implement and would be a great feature. It wouldnt unbalance a thing as the time duration for reload would stay the same, it simply saves you from having to (1) open inventory (2) open wear (3) drag ammo to weapon (4) close wear (5) close inventory which is a pain for those of us that have to reload after each kill. As a soldier using a Nova flow/Iec laser combo I reload after each kill as these weaps as well as a host of others hold limited ammo.

Suggested Options:

(1) Add a simple key function that when pressed reloads the wepaon in your right hand (if needed to make this simpler could have a requirement for ammo to be in a certain spot in inventory..like #1 spot for example)

(2) Enable ammo to be used from the hotbar so i can drag ammo to a certain spot on the bar and press that number to reload weapon. This option could even be made better by adding a shift function to the ammo on the hotbar so that i can reload (2) weapons that are keyed on that same hotbar. This would allow people that dual wield to reload both weapons as well, if they desire. Example: I drag 2 weapons that I am using to the numer 1 and 2 spots on the hotbar and place the ammo for these weaps in the 3 spot. So now when i press 3 it reloads the weap in the number 1 spot. Press shift+3 and it would reload the weapon in the 2 spot.

Amen to that bro. RELOAD HOTKEY NOW !!!
    Greendevil Solitus Soldier
    Grummpy Atrox Enforcer

Well reload really is done automatically... so I don't really care if they add a reload button or not or a hot key or not. What I do care about is when I try to do my specials, like fling or burst, that they do not get wasted when you have no ammo, but rather just not get executed!

Or for that matter a bar that tells you how much ammo you have left.

Having spent a fair amount of time using a Ranee (5 ammo) the importance of ensuring that your weapon is fully loaded before initiating ANY combat (esp since it takes like half an hour to reload in combat) is pretty obvious... so auto reload or no, you have to do it manually... a lot... unless you use a stigma or something insane like that... so, bump!