Thread: Any 14.1 patchnotes?

Question Any 14.1 patchnotes?

Kinda surprised you guys decided to patch. No idea patch was going happen nor is their any mention it on this website. Could someone tell me what it is.

<insert witty slam regarding Funcom's complete and utter lack of communication with the player community here>

I am hoping that solo missions and pet aggression are two of the issues being addressed with this patch. There is also the possibility that 14.1 may be the IPR prior to 14.2 OE - have heard that IPR would go in one patch before OE, but is just a rumor at the moment.

Grrr.. hate having to guess. ^_^ Funcom, please hire a single shaved monkey to respond to the occassional post here and give the appearance that you are keeping open channels of communication with your player base? It is bad enough that these boards are inexcessible to the public, thus not letting prospective players realize how poor communication really is.

Cheers!

When I think back. I think there will be no 14.1... 14.1 would be todays "fix" patch...

They make mayor changes in the .0, .2, .4, .6, .8.
    Fixes are reserved for the numbers inbetween.

..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

Post *thoughts*

oh I hope theres not gong to be a 14.11 and a 14.12 patch.. maybe its to get the llts back?

Notes

Well, an unannounced patch does not inspire confidence, :-). Is it a rush job? No time to make notes? Not sure what exactly is in the patch? Eh!?

Three hours is a significant down-time. Substantial changes, additions? Surprise content? Will I log on to 80 juggernaut-doggies stomping on top of every Neutral/Clan city?

Zombies everywhere? Cities littered with Map - Morts?

The entire game a 25% zone?

Tarasque loose from his dungeon and chomping on all the itty bitty Camelot knights (and you too!)

Maybe some stealth bug fixes.

Ah, alas. Only time will tell.

Changes 17.04.02
    Fixed a bug where Team Mission keys would overwrite other items. This happened if you had a full inventory while receiving a new mission.

Fixed a crash bug related to using a Meta-Physicist nano program.

Added Rome Blue, West Athen and Borealis as startup cities.

Thumbs down bluh!

D0h why call it 14.1?

We'll sure get 14.11/14.12 etc etc now ...

:D

Well we can always hope that theyve sneakily added some stuff other than whats in the patch notes...

Like a new area for me to explore!
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

heh

Well at least they dont tell us anything. I mean.. what if we actually knew something about this? It would ruin everything! Its not like we have anything to do with it...

(to those of u who didnt know.. Im being sarcastic!)

---------------
    "No ty, I dont fight traders.. and u got a title so u must b good.."

Re: :D

Originally posted by Sambika
    Well we can always hope that theyve sneakily added some stuff other than whats in the patch notes...

Like a new area for me to explore!
    No sambika, you don't get it, funcom doesn't do nice surprises, they always give us bad surprises, like Decranum Mk2 spawn nerf and q200 Head implant nerf...

Better try think of something like that, unless you want to be surprised

I asked public relations FC rep ..

... What they thought of corporate image and the reasons why they had so many devoted players leave the game and not recommending it to newcomers.

The reply was kindly worded and stated they would look into it.

Still they keep doing what they have always done.

1. They never inform their playerbase of anything important before a patch.
    2. There is virtually no support available (that can help anyway)
    3. They totally ignore their longest lasting customers who may actually have a chance of giving input that could improve gameplay. (read test server population and ingame vets)
    4. They have repeatedly deleted evidence (older boards) that show their ineptitude and unwillingness to do anything.

These are but 4 general points which have made customers angry. There are hundreds of small changes, nerfs and "improvements" that have been commented.

Get your heads on straight FC! Stop messing up your own product!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by Carefree

Added Rome Blue, West Athen and Borealis as startup cities.
    Good change, will make these cities more populated. West Athens, Rome and Borealis are gost towns. This is a good change IMO.
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

Kinda funny as borealis(at least) was once a startup city in the beginning, then they reduced em when the new player population slowed down.
    Mordain
    Lonely Clan Fixer on RK1

"Now I've told you this once before
    You can't control me
    If you try to take me down you're gonna break
    Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
    I'm picking you outa me
    you run away
    I stand alone "

Talking Lag Reduction Program

Reducing the startup cities was all part of the Lag Reduction Program.

Put all the new players in the same backyard in the same city (Backyard 1 of Omni-Ent, Tir, or Newland) thus producing a large amount of lag. When the noobs finally win their release to the city proper, they won't notice any difference and will think the game is supposed to be that way...

I just wish they would put out accurate 14.0 patches. We are still finding substantive stealth changes!

Scorus