Thread: COSMIK, for the love of God, please tell us how ROF on weapons is calculated

COSMIK, for the love of God, please tell us how ROF on weapons is calculated

This same question is being asked over an over on these boards. There has already been one MAJOR bug associated with the formula for determining the rate of fire for MA fist attacks. The game has been out for over havle a year and players still don't know how it works.

How are we to decide between weapons?
    How are we going to allocate our IP point?
    How do we know when there is a bug?

How can we play the game if we don't know the rules?

Bump if you agree.

Oh, that one's easy.

Quote: How do we know when there is a bug?

It's Funcom. There's always a bug.

... but it looks pretty!

why limit the question to MA ROF?

I'd like to know how EVERYthing works

I still can't get a consistent answer even from players at 150+ lvl on such basics as how useful Parry, or evades, or AC, or nano-resist are; how much skills influence damage-dealt; how is the rate of fire/recharge calculated on anything and how helpful inits are; etc...

As an MP, I have spells that have 0.5 sec recharge rate, yet I have to wait almost 2 seconds until my char has put down his hands and finished the "casting" graphics routine - I'm sure most profs deal with that

... and so on ...

Knowing how these game mechanics work would help us all decide on how to train our characters...

hehe i thought it was funny!

We need to know the rules to be able to play the game.

*bump*

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

It reminds me of EQ. They never explained the rules either. In Vi's case it's because they weren't sure what the rules were themselves. I wonder if it's the same with FC?
    Why did it have to take me 30 minutes to find a ql 50 mc cluster?
    Down with boring timesinks!
    Get rid of random shop inventory
    Do it for the children!

rof is way brokien in my opnion. some of the faster wepons should hit WAY WAY Fast... but they dont. specially SMG's and MA attacks.

someone out there has to know how this stuff works... and how effective it actually is.... but knowing funcom the developer that desighend the feture probably got fired..............
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Originally posted by Lozer
    rof is way brokien in my opnion. some of the faster wepons should hit WAY WAY Fast... but they dont. specially SMG's and MA attacks.

someone out there has to know how this stuff works... and how effective it actually is.... but knowing funcom the developer that desighend the feture probably got fired..............

The problem with that is that ranged weapons are capped at 1s/1s which is 2 seconds between total attacks. Yet with a high damage weapon doing 2.5/2.5 and some decent init, you will get 4x the damage every 4 seconds.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

The problem with that is that ranged weapons are capped at 1s/1s which is 2 seconds between total attacks. Yet with a high damage weapon doing 2.5/2.5 and some decent init, you will get 4x the damage every 4 seconds.
    DUH!!!!!

the only real advantage of a wepon with lets say .8 or .3 attack is all the specials recharge faster.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Looking for interaction with FC here ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Lozer

DUH!!!!!

the only real advantage of a wepon with lets say .8 or .3 attack is all the specials recharge faster.
    For you maybe. Some people like to use 'em to adjust the def/agg slider.
    And I thought it was 'recharge' and not 'attack' for specials.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.