Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant about Camping, and Uniques in general

ahhhhh ure talking bout alvin (sorry not clan and never will be)

if thats ure only experiance with camping then its a different thing - when i handed my card back in i watched 4 people all hand in the brain and get a card due to timing - u have 10 secs after the first guy trades to trade it ya self - all 4 were able to trade there brains in in that 10 secs

a unique Mob that drops items is VERY different - only 1 person/team can win the spawn by outdamaging the others and after that if they lost they are gonna have to wait 18 hours (if it isnt a dungeon mob 18-19 hours seems to be the standard) to have another go and then there will be more too - u cant ask a person to wait 18 hours cause u got there first - on the other hand neleb is a 20 min spawn - ther eu will see teams set queues up (i have myslef) - like this

Team 1 needs 4 robes
    Team 2 needs 2 robes

Team one arrives first and gets one robe
    Team 2 arrive and agree they will share kills
    Team 2 get next spawn and gets 1 rone
    Team 1 gets next spawn and gets a 2nd robe
    team 2 gets next spawn and gets the last robe they need and leave
    team1 gets the next few spawns and leaves

ive done this with no complaints on ether side but thats a 20 min spawn - try doing that with a 4 hour spawn (foreman) - i dont think ull find many people setting up queues for that and thats only less than a 1/4 of the time outdoor special mobs take to spawn

time of arrival in these cases meens nothing - FC needs to reevaluate mob spawns so it does - more like neleb
    I am a Pacman Ghost.

I like to hang around with friends, chatting, dancing, all that sort of thing. We don't appreciate outsiders, and do our best to discourage others approaching us. I enjoy occasionally wandering around randomly, and often find that when I do so, I get to where I wanted to be.

I taste of Death.

Doesn't everyone want a taste of death? Well they should. Most people deserve death. Keep away from me unless you think you're better than that. I probably won't like you.

Cpl. Damon "Moodyman" Kozar
    RSGE Division 9
    "Go For the Eyes Boo!!"
    Moodyman - 3rd Mp and last (i hope)
    lilmoody - everyone needs a break...

I did finally get the whole set but alot of people kept saying "damn cloudeh you still here?" heh.

Lol i kinda like to visit the TLR dungeon.... I usualy go there when nothing to do to chat with people who camping lab dirrector. Yet some of them dont understand that i have 15 forms and i am just here becasue i am bored
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Red face DAoC Dealt with this well

The original point made about DAoC solving the unique item problem cannot be understated. Their system of one unique item per PC per game period, did wonders for solving the problem of item farming so very prevalent in EQ. Furthermore if a group was grouped and killed an NPC to get a unique item the whole group recieved copies of the item, which further solved the problem of spawn camping! And another thing, any game designer that uses any of Verant's (EQ) tactics to deal with player exploitations and game problems is making a GRAVE mistake. Historically EQ's attempts to implement game balance have only added futher frustration to an already anoying game. (The tactic I am referring to is spreading out the spawn time further and further) but there are many others, i could write a book about all the things I hate about EQ and Im not alone in this one.

Making items no-drop (as silly as it is) is not a terribly bad method of preventing ebay item selling, however I believe DAoCs method is alot better and alot less anoying.

The solution:

Disclaimer: I cannot claim this idea as being original.

Camping sux and we all know it.

The solution is so simple that it seems to have been overlooked.

Remove all of the Unique, Special, Nodrop loot from the game and make all of it Trade-skill only. This would give a much needed boost to tradeskills and turn the dungeons into less of a camp-fest...

However, special care would have to be taken to make sure that the 'intructions' to these items are NOT rare loot or experimentation-only to prevent people from abusing the system similar to the camping problem of today.

Under this system, one could find the materials (common through excedingly rare) and have an item build for him/her.

PS. The economy is fooked, add all nanos/instruction discs to the *solo* mission loot tables. Stop screwing the solo player!

I agree. Tradeskills, not drops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12