Thread: 14.2 OE Nef: Not just for the lowbies..

Megabio

14.2 OE Nef: Not just for the lowbies..

Alright, here we go...

The most common misconception about this nerf is that it doesn't effect people over the level 110 or 120. This is a complete lie. At level 165 (about the level dark blue shotty maxes for the 159 title caps) you cannot self equip a QL 199 ithaca... the most common gun in the game. This is with all QL 200 implants.

Much less at level 130 when the level 125 title caps come into play for the dark blue skill. With the implant stacking -NERF-, not a fix, it was never a bug, it is close to impossible for a class with 4 per level treatment to get QL 200 implants in... And that is needed if you want to get a QL 199 ithaca on when shotgun maxes out for the title caps with a wrangler, etc... And for a lot of classes, they can't constantly have the three implants in. Usually they have to have it switched out for something. Usually either the bright or faded, which means it will be outside of the 20% grace period..

Just 2 cents..
    ~Chris

Well, to me it seems only fair that this patch affect the lowbies as well as the high level players
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

well

Just on principle, it is not a bad thing that you need to give up alot and focus all your gear toward one weapon to have the best attack for it. Allowing people to sacrifice everything for one thing is not inherently bad.

Now, i have some major personal problems with AO, but the underlying principles of your post aren't any of them. Had you attacked the stupidity of the QL system, then maybe I'd agree with ya.

Megabio
    Originally posted by Mharc
    Well, to me it seems only fair that this patch affect the lowbies as well as the high level players
    Well I thought the only purpose of the entire patch was to nerf lowbie twinks. After all, aren't they what 'ruin' the game? Or is it the fact that they level too quickly! By your sig I see that you have level 64 'non-twinking' soldier. No offense ment, but it's people like you who support this patch. Most people I know would rather twink into things instead of leveling - maybe something about having done thousands, no exaggeration, of BS missions gets on your nerves after a while and anything is a relief. So mine as well nerf that since shopping is probably funner than leveling after 150.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Well I thought the only purpose of the entire patch was to nerf lowbie twinks.
    Maybe that's the most obvious effect, but from what I understand, the patch is to even out the playing field a bit.
    After all, aren't they what 'ruin' the game? Or is it the fact that they level too quickly!
    Not for me. I couldn't care less if low level players twink to hell and go get pvp titles in the arena. Not my thing. Although I admit it might become my thing if the profs were a bit more balanced.
    By your sig I see that you have level 64 'non-twinking' soldier. No offense ment, but it's people like you who support this patch.
    64 adv, actually. And by non-twinking, I mean I don't transfer cash and items from higher characters or guildmates. I like to be self-sufficient. That doesn't mean I don't optimize my character as best I can. I don't rely on outside buffs, though, because I want to be able to go into Reet Retreat for a party and not wear battle gear.

I won't be affected by the OE-patch and I'm not particularly in favor or against it. I can see why high level players and twinks are against it and I can see why chars without money or friends are in favor of it. The players that know the game will still come out on top after the patch, I think. Probably, after the patch, a bunch of low level players will think they have a chance in pvp and go fight, only to find out they still don't have what it takes. I wouldn't worry so much about it. The challenge remains to optimize your character.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

It has to be an across the board change. Targetting 'lowbies' won't get rid of the overequipping problems people have been fighting against. As Mharc says so well, "the patch is to even out the playing field a bit.".
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I am very much supporting FC for this risky and brave choice.
    Two thumbs up. There's no way to have it done in a 100% fair way, but it helps a lot.

But why, oh why, didn't Gaute posted an official position the day of the patch ???
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Gummizluv

But why, oh why, didn't Gaute posted an official position the day of the patch ???
    An official position on what, pray tell? The OE patch has yet to come.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I think the greatest part about the 14.2 OE patch is that it affects "current state" as well.

What I mean by this:
    In past, fixes/nerfs/balancing issues or fixes of exploits haven't affected players who already used them.
    In particular and as examples, there are still lvl 25 players with 392 NCU's (I understand it was a tutoring glitch), and there are still players with QL 200 implants at levels where they are currently unaccessible because of skill caps (I understand it was a treatement glitch).

The issue with those balancing fixes was, they actually created imbalance in a way! - the old players and the new players were drastically differently equipped.

etc, there are different examples...

However, this patch will from what I understand apply "accross the board" in every possible way. Everybody will be affected the same (within professions/types of course). Somebody who OEd a (say) hammer yesterday will have the same penalty as a person who tries OE-ing it today.

So in that sense the patch is fair, and I can't say I have a problem with it. I think it's a positive move forward to bringing this game toward what it is meant to be .

I can still overequip, uh, self equip a gun twice my level.

OE whats that? Where?