Thread: Docs

Docs

Right, right. This is for, like, next December. Docs don't need much, as it stands, and any loving we get should come after most of the other profs. But I still like to daydream. :-)

1) Items. If ANY profession should have profession-only tools, it is DOCTORS. And I don't mean UNIQUE NODROPs on level 180 mobs with 40 hour respawn times... I mean things in shops, at varying quality levels. Omni shops would carry most of them, but Clans and some of them would be tradeskill only, to toss a bone to our Engineer friends. And not, for the love of god, TREATMENT buffs. It is friggin' pointless to Docs. I mean things like BioMet, MatMet,
    and MatCre. Ideas for them? Medical Pad: Modest bonus to MatMet, equipped as weapon (thus being a tradeoff for not having a weapon). Medical Goggles: Gives things a slightly red tinge, head slot, smallish bonus to BioMet. Lab Coat: Nano pool bonus, perhaps a -na cost %.

2) Make PharmaTech useful. Well, make ALL trade skills useful.

3) Counter-Nanos. In the Ep Purge line - as someone mentioned, something like Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta Purges, that have a lower % chance to work, only affect 1 or 2 hostile programs, etc. It makes no sense for a Doc to only be able to counter a poison with a HoT. :-p

More grand changes

1) Teleports. I'd rather see a quick "EMT" type line, teleporting you to a nearby team mate fairly quickly, than the current grid upload line. Partly, I think that Fixers should have more exclusive rights to that ability. Secondly, it is more useful, and makes more sense. I know that you can do it in game mechanics - the teleporting in 14.0 works without zoning.

2) Calm. A quick calm nano - 10-30 second duration, highish resist chance, long recharge time, medium-high Na cost, etc, makes sense. Give us a chance to use a recharger, or run, FFS. Not nearly as powerful as other Charm or Mez, but useful nonetheless. Of course, it would also use the offbeat PsyMod skill.

3) Pet. I see a Doc pet as a Nurse... something that makes healing easier (AKA, heals nano). Something less efficient than a HE... get the first one around level 50, then every 25 levels after that. They wouldn't be a BIG deal, but every once in a while, they would help a great deal. Very few HP for these suckers.
    Last edited by Zagadka; Apr 11th, 2002 at 02:49:00.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist