Thread: Mobs that die in the toxic waste do not give XP

Exclamation Mobs that die in the toxic waste do not give XP

Just a random bug that I noticed in a couple missions I did. You know those missions, the ones with the shiny pools of green toxic waste on the floor. Everytime I killed a mob while it was standing in the sludge, I received no experience for the kill.

Its not a bug. It should be like that, waaay back you recieved xp for killing mobs standing in toxic also. Don't remember when Funcom changed this though.
    Last edited by Angeleye; Apr 9th, 2002 at 08:54:40.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

So a mob with 20k hp standing in a pool that gives 3 pts of damage every 1.5 seconds should not give XP?

Excuse me for saying this, but W T F?!

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

It's not limited to mobs in acid

I've had this happen in office missions, also. It does seem to mainly happen with doctor humanoids for me, though, although I'm having a difficult time identifying what specifically is causing the problem. For the most part, the last thing they do before dying is DoT me, so there is still the same type of smaller, more frequent damage than weapon damage element to the phenomena, as is the case with acid. Whatever is causing this, though, it does need to be fixed.

Exclamation

Ya, I most certainly think it is a bug. If I do 90% of the damage to the mob, I should get the exp, not the toxic waste.

The important question is, does the acid level? :>

If I do 90% of the damage to the mob, I should get the exp, not the toxic waste.
    Maybe the toxic waste is doing more damage than we do. If the mob stands on it for a long time, the toxic waste is actually doing a lot of damage. Just that the hp regeneration of mobs is high enough to compensate it.

Nope, pull the mob off the acid, and you'll get exp.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Well, then there are multiple problems

not just the acid. As I mentioned, I do office missions, virtually exclusively. There is no acid. But I still have this problem.