Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC:Why did you nerf tutoring?

You know, it didn't just allow a level 1 to equip a 6 slot belt. It also allowed you to get to level 50 in like 10 minutes. Wondering how? Collect bags and bags and bags of carbon rocks. The crank your mechanical engineering way up and converta ll the rocks with an Ore Extractor. If you ahve people standing by with enough rocks, you could zoom way up pretty fast with that. How do I know, I read some stuff somewhere that BSI was doing that with a macro that powerleveled characters to 100 in a few hours.

Yes, it was important to remove this exploit.

As another note. Tutoring devices work fine now but only on yourself. Nicest thing is that Comp lit implants go in different spots than tutoring implants do. So, I have a nice set of QL 110 Comp lit/Tutoring implants handy for a mid level Enforcer of mine. With a Pioneer Pack, I can raise my comp lit a total of 160 points (120 implants +20 expertise + 20 from tutoring). Since Comp Lit isn't the easiest thing for Enforcers to raise, 20 points goes a long way.

It will be even better when you can be tutored by other players. However, this should NOT stack with the buff you get from your own tutoring (otherwise you could exploit again). Instead, this would be a way other players could make money; by raising tutoring skill, any player could be able to give a short buff to any other players tradeskill.

As for having knowledge yourself, the description of the tutoring device explains that it's the device that contains the information, not the user or recipient. Thus, it is not necessary to have any knowledge in that field in order to use it.

Also, as a final note, an easy way to implement the tutoring is the way you did with the treatment clinic. Make it act like a hostile nano program of a certain QL. Make it non-resistable as well. That way, if one player tutroing himself, and another player tutors the first player, whichever one is higher is the one that will stay. This also allows people to see how much time is left on the buff instantly. Why haven't you folks thought of this before?

Post Tutoring Device

I have one example, I have raised my Tutoring to 600 or so. When using a QL110 Tutoring Device (requires 550 Tutoring) it buffs a skill by 28 points, it seems like the total buff is 50 points for a QL200 - not sure.

Krabbus - Level 102 Engineer
    Member of OTEC - Omni-Tek Engineering Corps

With 600 BASE tutoring, you can buff it all the way up there. Pioneer pack = +150. QL 150 implants = +158. Expertise buff = +20. That would allow you to use like a QL 190 tutoring device. If anyone thinks a +48 buff to any tradeskill isn't nice, then they really don't have a clue. Tutoring is actually a worthwhile IP investment for anyone who does a lot of tradeskills. Especially things like Weaponsmithing which require multiple tradeskills to master.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12