Thread: This could "fix" MA profession! FC LOOK!

Lightbulb This could "fix" MA profession! FC LOOK!

Ok gang, I was thinking about the issue a while.

Ya know, the whole - "MA being a boring profession" thing.

And I thought of something pretty damn neato and very simple to implement, that could very well make the MA super fun to play, like the other professions.

Imagine this, gang. Martial Artist getting a line of nanos that lower our chances of being aggro'ed in combat - WITHOUT the movement of the aggression bar!

And if you think about that, it does fit into the "feel" of the profession.

It would be like...

The MA uses his unmatched combat abilities to do damage to an enemy with little or no impact on the enemy’s senses- Mind over body.

Common, doesn't that sound just perfect?

Also - FC, you REALLY need to give us more combat animations, and perhaps increase Special Move avalability.

Not to hard eh?

I WANT YOUR OPINIONS! POST POST POST!

While we are at it lets have Jet Li run around throwing motorcycles at people with one hand like he did in "The One"
    Also let us be able to transport to the other dimension and kill off the person that has our identical name on the other server, so we can be much more stronger.

Exclamation uh...

I'm not talking EXTREME drop in aggro here, im talking maybe lower chance of being aggro'ed by 10%-40% for the entire range of nanos- As tho u had your bar down, but really didnt.

Mobs that aggro everyone would still go after u as normal

Its main funtion would be in groups - exp. Monster goes after enforcers and not you. Tho it would not be a 100% thing.

Because if you were soloing a mission, everything would go after you - because u are the only thing there.

BUMP!

Common guyz, post your opinions - COMMON! =)

Originally posted by MrBunny
    While we are at it lets have Jet Li run around throwing motorcycles at people with one hand like he did in "The One"
    Also let us be able to transport to the other dimension and kill off the person that has our identical name on the other server, so we can be much more stronger.
    You might have a point here
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

*shrug*

It's got my seal of approval, for all it's worth.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Re: BUMP!

Originally posted by Tieku
    Common guyz, post your opinions - COMMON! =)
    OK, here's mine : I expect some spectacular things from MA, like cool moves, kinda really fast attacks (AoS but in more spectacular and not necessary deadly), I'd like to see the MA avoidinb being hit with othre cool moves, etc... well, check out Evil Cult, Stormriders and Once Upon in China movies
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

More MA modifications

Hi all. Just a few other things I'd like to see in the MA profession... some I've posted before, others that I just thought of now.

If MAs are supposedly against technology, seeking "an alternative in a more spiritual life to balance the eternal strife for progress that dominates the planet", then how come I can only get anywhere by pumping my guy up with the best implants I can get my hands on? Wouldn't it make more sense if there was some benefit for MAs who choose not to wear implants, since the profession is supposed to be wary of technology?

I've also thought that there could be some "meditate" function for MAs that they could use between fights. Going into meditation mode could drastically increase HP and nano recharge time. Prehaps the increase in recharge speed could be dependent on if the MA is wearing implants/how many implants the MA is using.

MA special attacks don't really make sense, in the sense that they are NoDrop and therefore aren't possible to share amongst fellow MAs. The idea I have about this is to keep the special attacks as NoDrop items, but tie them into the tutoring skills that the MA is green in. I would like to be able to "tutor" other MAs to use the special attacks that I've collected. The apprentice MA could use the same skill, at a reduced QL (say, 75%) but only until they die and are reclaimed, at which point they would "forget" or lose the learned special attack.

A final suggestion is to increase the parry/riposte ability. Many forms of martial arts (Judo springs to mind) focus on using the attacker's energy and turning it back on them, flipping them or hitting a particularly vulnerable part of their body, stunning them.

I'm not asking FC to make the MA prof super-powerful, but there's got to be some marked differences between an MA and any other unarmed character. I know we got some lovin' a few patches ago, but while this helps me out when soloing missions, it makes it tough to do effective damage without aggroing the mob off the tank.

Cheers,
    ishu
    77 MA, RK2

*shrug*

Personally I do not see how this would make the MA "uber".

It would simply make him (less) likely to be aggro'ed when fighting in a group with other players.

But lets say that there is a group of 6 MA running through a mission. And they ALL happen to have this nano cast on themselves. Then this would totally cancel out the effects of the nano.

(But that is fairly obvious)

If your thinking about it how im thinking about it, then you wouldnt think its so uber. There is still a perfectly good chance of getting aggro'ed - That chance is just slimed by the nano.

But im sure you're all very smart, and understand perfectly =)

MORE!

I want more ideas |)@/\/\/\/\1+ 8)