Thread: Over-equiping, just something you guys at funcom should consider.

Over-equiping, just something you guys at funcom should consider.

Please consider making the Over Equiping changes only effect Player Characters who are under Title level 5 (level 150).

Couple of reasons for this.

1) Some of the items in the game have such insane requirments that you would have to over equip, even as a level 200 enforcer, to use. Example Edge of Tarqus(sp) 1200+ 2 handed edge needed. A lvl 200 enforcer can only get around 930 2he. You would have to be wrangled constantly to use it. No trader is going to do that for you and lose out on the damage from their shotgun.

2) Engineers, Meta-Phys, and buerocrats. Once these classes are hit with deprive/ransack skills, even at top levels they will lose their pet, and have nearly zero chance of winning the battle. I realise you want to stop them from using uber OE'd pets below level 150, but do you really want their main form off attack completely disabled post 150, when they can actually get the pets legitimately?

3) People who are level 150 and over have put ALOT of time and effort into their character. Pretty much everyone over this level has both the means and the ability to over equip equally.

4) You will piss off alot fewer of the players who have been with you all this time.

Right after the patch, no one would be able to use the edge of tarasque at 100% efficiency. However, part of the point with the OE changes is that they can now add more items with bonuses, without fearing people will put them in just to equip something, then remove them for something 'better'. They can also add new buffs lines, and skill bonuses for clan organisations, or omni only equipment with high bonuses.

As for the pet classes: Yes, that is a big concern. In PvE, you will be debuffed for a long time after actually completing the battle, and that just created downtime. In PvP, since nanos (as far as I know) doesn't actually initiate combat, debuffs will be too good. I'd rather have the HP and damage of the pet reduced.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I got to agree that melee weapon users get the rough side of the OE patch. Especially those who use edged weapons, since there exist no mastery line of buffs here. The proper fix is to add an edged equivalent to the Brutal thug buff!

Altho I actually believe melee weapons should have req's similar to those of ranged weapons. Give the Edge of the Tarasque for example a 2hE req of 1150 rather than 1249. (Its not going to be "too easy" to equip or use properly with such a req. It wouldnt be unbalanced either, since a Support beam has better dmg/time at such high level anway)

Who wants to bet that none of these issues are addressed before the patch? My theory is more people will quit because of the bugs and COMPLETELY ignored issues than those who quit because they can no longer twinkz0r their level 11 trader.

Indeed. Funcom should make concerns to look in with the players on things that will go wrong with the OE patch.

I personally think the idea about the patch is good. But with weapon req's beeing what they currently are they will nerf a few professions alot more than the others.

One idea could be to make wielding req's dependant on dmg/time where the highest is around 1150, so that would be the req for most level 200 shotguns, good assault rifles, support beam, the edge of the tarasque, Raid missile pistols...

(That enf's have the challenger line of nanos to up their 2hE skill for the edge of the tarasque is NOT a valid point for making it keep those insane reqs!)

Megabio
    Originally posted by Drkrawn
    Who wants to bet that none of these issues are addressed before the patch? My theory is more people will quit because of the bugs and COMPLETELY ignored issues than those who quit because they can no longer twinkz0r their level 11 trader.

Or your level 31 MP. Or your level 62 enforcer. Or maybe you want to get that QL 194 slayer on a level 81 engy. I do that for fun. That IS my fun in the game. Leveling is dull. Twinking is fun. That's how the game has always been for me.
    ~Chris