Thread: dual wield pistol and 1he bug

dual wield pistol and 1he bug

i just started AO recently, and i thot it would be cool to dual wield these weapons with my solitus adventurer, however i have encountered a strange problem...

i equipped a pistol in my right hand, and a squibber(?) that requires brawl and dimach skills in my left hand, but neither attacks would incur damage against mobs. both attacks would still become available after the recycle time, and i also noticed that braw/dimach would appear over head in a dull yellow/brown/gold color...even tho no actual damage was done.

after awhile, i was able to buy a better pistol, and lo and behold! all my special attacks were now incurring damage! and the brawl/dimach word above my head was then the appropriate green color.

then, i was given the adv only bbi pistol(it rocks!), but now i am back to brawl/dimach having no effect again. they still need a recycle time and the words still appear overhead, but no damage!

please help! my adv cannot hit for much damage, so i need every hit!

thanks!
    Eternalist of Circle G
    gimp by choice...is that wrong?

your not supposed to be able to dual weild them together. Its a bug. (ie your not spending the ip in dual weild that you are supposed to because of a bug)

are you sure?

i think they changed that with a patch, so that you COULD dual wield them for free...right before i signed up for that first glorious freee week....heh!
    Eternalist of Circle G
    gimp by choice...is that wrong?

Heres the deal

Brawl and dimach are dynamically created weapons. like the martial artists fists. Their damage is dependant on skill and not weapon rating. They also have a hidden thing which only allows it to be used with certain weapons

kinda like the fixer special attacks and the bow special attacks etc

my guess is that that gun sets a flag which makes the brawl think your not weilding the specific type of weapon (no weapon is a fist weapon). Somehow this is bypassed when you have a melee weapon with brawl. But i think that having a non melee weapon equipped is disabling the weapons ability to use brawl and dimach

ITs a bug to weild em both at the same time right now anyways. So dont bother too much