Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do ?

whoa you people are nasty, besheba, dragonfly:

its a game, people like to have fun, and destroying a good item just to spite someone or selling someones grid armour instruction disc back to them for ANOTHER 20 mill is a little harsh.

still, its pretty amazingly dumb not to save before going into a pvp area whilst carrying shades.
    infact, thats even dumber than the questions newbies ask
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

still dont have them besh

still dont have them besh. just meant that if i could FINALLY get them..no matter if i looted them or got them from killin the NPC finally...i wouldnt give them back.

dude, before you go spoutin about my personality irl keep this in mind.

i used to play eq. sometimes i played on a blue server sometimes i played on pvp server. u get pkd u lose all ur cash and one item. ive lost good items and never complained and ive got some good items off ppl too. its part of the game, dont like it stay out of 25%-0%. its called risk vs reward.

i wish all of rubi ka were turned into a 25% zone so all the bl00bs would leave.

haha dragonfly thats a good idea, letting it rot infront of them... I would do that but not the shades... too much money to waste :/
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Couladjinn was lucky because AO have a very nice chat system...in UO if he had lost his item who he would harrassed? Support e-mail? If he got shades he can get other pair. His mistake was insulting since a begining...very big mistake, but he learned the hard lesson.

as i said i hope he paid rl cash for em on ebay and lost em, that would be the funniest thing ever.

the lesson here is not to insult the char that just killed u and your hunting party.

everyone claims they like to role play till they get wasted by somone.

if i took somthing of yours, you better come back begging like the little scrub u are.

if somone killed me and took somthing of mine........... that would suck but i am not dumb enuff to enter pvp in such a manner.

i am not dumb enuff to run missions in pvp zones which btw most misson centers in pvp zones have stupid 100% gas around em.

i would be smart enuff to have a engie friend or nt or doc or who ever else can grid/warp my ass to saftey.

Step into the fire...

I'm of the opinion that if you step into a PvP zone, then expect to get attacked. In my days as a MMoRPG player in both this game and EQ, I have been killed, ganked, blindsided, and yes even looted as I stepped into PvP zones. And you know what? I just accept it as a fact of life. In that moment that I died, I was lower on the food chain. I dealt with the loss and moved on. I more important things to worry about in life than the loss of a few pieces of data. End of story.

So would have I given it back? No!! You step into the fire, don't complain when you get burned. Welcome to the food chain and you are at the bottom! Suck up your loss and move on.

And this is coming from a guy who's PvP record is 3 wins to 15 losses. So you might say I've gotten used to this sort of thing.

Re: Step into the fire...

Originally posted by RavenWulf
    Welcome to the food chain and you are at the bottom! Suck up your loss and move on.

LOL!!!
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: What would you do ?

Originally posted by Wenzell
    So I killed this person and looted a valuable item in a perfectly legit situation.

A minute later, I got a tell "F*ck you @ssh*le !" from the person who lost the item, then followed by a bunch of similar nasty offensive tells from his friends and guildmates. One even threatened me to hack me and find out where I live blablabla.
    And they made me now the top priority of many bountyhunters (like I care)
    Ive taken several screenshots of those.

Later, the person who lost the item knew he had no chance getting back the item if he didnt change his attitude. He apologized and tried to persuade me giving back his stuff.
    I of course was pissed getting all these insults, and was not convinced by him at the same time. Usually I would just log off and send those screenshots to Funcom. But seeing how he begged me and stuff, I decided to stay on to give him a chance to negotiate. I asked for advice from my guildies, most of 'em asked me to keep the item.

After a moment of thinking and I decided to be kind hearted and let him reclaim the item with 1/3 of market price in a week.

What would you do if you were me ?

To hell with the guy...he got killed in a pvp zone and he got looted...it's not a matter of ethics...they put the code in the game for you to loot items so that you could loot them...

there can be quite a market in selling items back to the person that you looted...I commend you for actually thinking to do that it's a great idea 8)...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Originally posted by Dragonfly
    dude, before you go spoutin about my personality irl keep this in mind.

i used to play eq. sometimes i played on a blue server sometimes i played on pvp server. u get pkd u lose all ur cash and one item. ive lost good items and never complained and ive got some good items off ppl too. its part of the game, dont like it stay out of 25%-0%. its called risk vs reward.

i wish all of rubi ka were turned into a 25% zone so all the bl00bs would leave.

hehe...try Darktide in Asherons call...the way that game was set up, you lost alot of cash AND the most expensive items of each type...the higher level you were, the more stuff you lost...and that's including items you were actually wearing...

besides...in my view there should be more risk to pvp here...it'd give people more respect for the items that they've gotten...and the people that PVP and still have nice stuff should be respected because of their abilities....it takes alot of skill to keep good stuff in that kind of pvp system...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Talking Notes

Go into a shop.
    Buy a lockpick for every bag that you normally carry.
    Turn them into nodrop lockpicks. (holo cam per lockpick, one id extractor, its not hard to figure out)
    Put one in each bag.
    When you get loot worth a damn, get off your butt and put it in a bag. Swap out crap loot and put in things you can't stand to lose if you get full. (buy more bags next time you hit town, or bank some stuff)

Seems to keep the whole bag off your lootable items. It does this to keep people from putting nodrops (e.g. yalmahas) from being exploited as pvp loot, otherwise people would go to secluded 0% zones and arrange deals this way. So far this has worked for me...otherwise it would empty the backpack and give them 19 items, or put the lockpick in your inventory and give them a pack with 19 items. Because this could cause you to get more than 30 items in your inv (if you had more than 30 nodrops in bags) it doesn't happen...you never get an 'overflow' box after a pvp loss.

Also, if you have done any of the following since your last save:
    -Used bank
    -Traded
    -Massively rearranged your inventory (heard of bugs...so if you just changed all your ncus and armor, do this so you don't lose the old ones)
    -Gotten xp
    SAVE before tromping into pvp zones.

If you can, grid out of missions if you find nice stuff.

BTW, if it was something really valuable, it should've been in the bank, or being worn. (if you got something he was wearing, it was due to a bug or you exploiting, and you should damn well give them back and hope you don't get reported, but I haven't heard of this to happening to anyone in the last 5-6 patches or so) Now you have a third option...a 'pvp safe' backpack.

I doubt funcom will EVER change this, because it would cause far too many nodrop bugs and exploits.

If a bag is saved it cant be looted nor anything thats in the bag. So you dont have to put a nodrop in it.

BTW its way easier to get nodrops than with the nodrop lockpick.
    MA attacks/bracers work fine
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123