Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overequipping and what ppl don't seem to get about it

You are very gullible.
    Or perhaps I have access to information that you don't have....
    We're getting somewhat off-topichere with these personal attacks, but I see no reason to start at ME with them.

Given that I myself have been around since launch, and have run into Needlz on occasion throughout the time I've been in (and based on the amount of time I've known her to be on-line), I'd be awfully surprised if it only added up to 30 days on-line time. I won't reveal what my total is, but it's waaaay more than 30.

Originally posted by CocoClown

Or perhaps I have access to information that you don't have....
    We're getting somewhat off-topichere with these personal attacks, but I see no reason to start at ME with them.

Given that I myself have been around since launch, and have run into Needlz on occasion throughout the time I've been in (and based on the amount of time I've known her to be on-line), I'd be awfully surprised if it only added up to 30 days on-line time. I won't reveal what my total is, but it's waaaay more than 30.
    That was not meant as a personal attack and i apologize.

I'm sorry that i can not believe someone who openly admits to exploiting, would not be upset if they took levels away from her, and thinks EVERYONE cheats and there would be only about 5 people over lvl 100 if they didn't exploit.

But your right... back on topic.

Its still a very bad idea... its still hillarious that this idea comes from someone who it wouldn't even affect. The game needs more upper lvl content and I am running into this myself. If needlz did not want to "gank" people lower than her why does she want to make them less powerful? How would this improve game content? She admits that the only thing left to do is pvp and this level restriction would have no affect on the people she thinks she should be fighting anyway.

Level restriction:

She lvl 200... them lvl 190... = level restriction would do nothing. Same as now...
    She lvl 200.. them lvl 150.. = them not using as powerful of a weapon and it would be easier for her to "gank" them.

All this change does it benefit her for ganking purposes.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Irritated

14.2 as is will only satisfy traders, period. I can stick a QL120 shotgun on a Level 65 Trader, self buffed and i won't get penalized, thats just sick imo. Open your eyes a little maybe, that helps.

Have you bothered to read the couple hundred posts on the 14.2 patch? People from all the professions praise this patch. If a lvl 65 trader put on a ql120 gun he would have to keep debuffs up to keep it 100% functioning. If they are using a 1 sec / 1 sec gun, that is about 4-5 shots wasted while casting the debuff that on red mobs gets constantly countered. Only when a trader gets his nano-int to over 600 does constantly casting the debuffs become viable.
    Here we go again, same as with many NTs saying stun was balanced when it was enabled for PvP...for 2 days... now you, a 126 trader, tries to say that everything will be fine with 14.2, nothing wrong with traders powers then...

Geez !
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Hello,

a lil field report form my Trader on that issue, i don't feel the need to respond to any accusations coming from a boneheaded silly little sucker like Irritated.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you bothered to read the couple hundred posts on the 14.2 patch? People from all the professions praise this patch. If a lvl 65 trader put on a ql120 gun he would have to keep debuffs up to keep it 100% functioning. If they are using a 1 sec / 1 sec gun, that is about 4-5 shots wasted while casting the debuff that on red mobs gets constantly countered. Only when a trader gets his nano-int to over 600 does constantly casting the debuffs become viable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is about the biggest **** you've said so far. My Trader walks in casts a Major Deprieve, and a Major Ransack, then an Advanced Deprieve and an Advanced Ransack (i could even go further and cast weak divest and plunder) then she's fine for 3 minutes, easy for one more mob and i get a whopping +110 to my attack (not to mention what kind of guns i can equip with it and what additional NF i can use). Sure she loses a couple of attacks with the casting, but thats WAY evened out with the critical increase (and of COURSE it will be viable after 14.2 as it not only increases crit, but removes the gun penalty). To a trader everyone is at an disadvantage then, my proposal of a level lock would even that disadvantage out. Traders could 'suck' mobs dry all they want they STILL couldn't use guns 15/30% over their level. THAT is fair play.
    Of course a whiny Trader ass like yourself sees THAT totally different, good job.

regards

Needlz

Ps: Yes, everyone cheated, Treatment stacking anyone, hmm?

Originally posted by Needlz
    Hello,

a lil field report form my Trader on that issue, i don't feel the need to respond to any accusations coming from a boneheaded silly little sucker like Irritated.

quote:

This is about the biggest **** you've said so far. My Trader walks in casts a Major Deprieve, and a Major Ransack, then an Advanced Deprieve and an Advanced Ransack (i could even go further and cast weak divest and plunder) then she's fine for 3 minutes, easy for one more mob and i get a whopping +110 to my attack (not to mention what kind of guns i can equip with it and what additional NF i can use). Sure she loses a couple of attacks with the casting, but thats WAY evened out with the critical increase (and of COURSE it will be viable after 14.2 as it not only increases crit, but removes the gun penalty). To a trader everyone is at an disadvantage then, my proposal of a level lock would even that disadvantage out. Traders could 'suck' mobs dry all they want they STILL couldn't use guns 15/30% over their level. THAT is fair play.
    Of course a whiny Trader ass like yourself sees THAT totally different, good job.

regards

Needlz

If you cast Ransack Major/Deprive Major then advanced you just lost about 10 attacks if you use a 1/1 (attack/reload) weapon.
    Not a "few" attacks. In this time frame you are doing 0 damage and cannot heal yourself because the recharge time on these nanos are 6 seconds. Each of those have a 3 second cast time.
    And no buffing yourself by a 200+ is not going to cause that much of a difference in damage.

I can cast Divest advanced and plunder advanced which gives me a extra 348 to my weapon skill. My weapon is 100% dependant on shotgun and this almost 350 extra shotgun weilds me about 200 extra damage on average. I am lvl 126 not lvl 45. Anyone also remember that there is no other buff for a trader for shotgun? Agents can do snipersbliss/take the shot. Enforcers can do BT/Challenger.. MAs can do masteries/dirty fighter and MPs can do masteries/infuse/gifts. I'm sorry your support class doc can't buff her weapon skill and I'm sorry you get ganked by other players below your lvl. Most docs lvl 150+ have no problems pvping.

To a trader everyone is at an disadvantage then, my proposal of a level lock would even that disadvantage out.
    <sarcasm>We better remove all the other buffs that the other professions have. We should also remove the doc int debuff. That makes things very unfair...</sarcasm>

I love the "whiny ass" comment. Rofl.. Flames aside
    Your a lvl 200 doc complaining that there needs to be level restrictions on weapons. This doesn't even affect you and you feel being lvl 200 should enable you to kill anyone under your lvl.
    Ps. I Didn't use the treatment exploit hmmmm....and i can show you screen shots of my implants to prove it.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by ImaGideon

Here we go again, same as with many NTs saying stun was balanced when it was enabled for PvP...for 2 days... now you, a 126 trader, tries to say that everything will be fine with 14.2, nothing wrong with traders powers then...

Geez !
    I see this as balanced... This is why

1. At lower lvls it is too much of a loss of attack times unless you are in a group and others do damage. Casting all the debuffs while soloing isn't an option as you can't attack and can't heal. Plus these debuffs take a lot of nano that could be used to mez, charm (hahahahah), root and heal.

2. Traders have no other way to buff their weapon skills during combat and outside of combat without these nanos. There is no shotgun buff (which is our only green weapon skill) excluding gen buff of course. Other professions have ways to raise their attack skills during and actually before combat.

3. At higher lvls these become insta casts and much more powerful... the flip side is the other classes start getting things like "dominate", "nano-shutdown" and big doc int debuffs.

Traders are powerful pvpers... so are soldiers/docs/enforcers/Nts (against melee class), agents, and Engies.... oh wait engies suck for pvp...
    some classes fight better than others.... so what?

Blackness confirmed!!

Needlz' level and your amusing personal attacks aside (for now), the idea the thread was originally posted on is somewhat sound, and though I disagree with Funcom's system (as it is not harsh enough) I also disagree with hard level caps. This is a skill-based system.

With implants and self-buffs some classes can use weapons 30-40ql above them, and under Needlz' system that would no longer work. I believe that after a -small- amount of skill, say 10%, the weapon/item should work at reduced efficacy. At 20% it should stop working altogether. Only in special cases (IE if you're debuffed) should Funcom's outlined 'reduced effectiveness at 20%' system go into effect.

In order to legitimize their arguments regarding overequipping, there is the frequent assumption among proponents that 14.2 may include more mob balancing, but they claim to have 'already done that' in 13.8 with the Humanoid mob AC fixes..

(What? a level 100 enforcer mob has 15000 HP? Don't level 100 enforcer PCs have that much?)

I think it would be optimistic at best to think that this issue will be dealt with in a prompt and rational manner. But due to the softness of Funcom's OE system implementation there won't be as much upheaval as there should be, so thus any future mob fixes may not be forthcoming.

And what's with the flames regarding level 'exploits' ? If you can get a mission from a terminal, and complete that mission (one way or another) that may be some kind of workaround, but I'd hardly call it an exploit. More like a design flaw. Example: Omni PCs getting xp for using mirror shield then training the juggernaut on guards made me mad as hell, but I didn't think the people doing it should be banned. It's Funcom's job to prevent loopholes, not the players'.

If you're really a hardcore believer in playing the game 'as it should be' then sit back and quietly smile with satisfaction that 'exploiters' have 'ruined the game for themselves.' Otherwise you're just being accusatory because they're level 200 and you're not.

It might be time to stop playing the game, or stop posting to the boards if all you can muster is dirt to throw around at your fellow community members. I don't even treat clan people that way... (and they've got dirt on their faces to begin with

Originally posted by Red Falcon

And what's with the flames regarding level 'exploits' ? If you can get a mission from a terminal, and complete that mission (one way or another) that may be some kind of workaround, but I'd hardly call it an exploit. More like a design flaw. Example: Omni PCs getting xp for using mirror shield then training the juggernaut on guards made me mad as hell, but I didn't think the people doing it should be banned. It's Funcom's job to prevent loopholes, not the players'.

If you're really a hardcore believer in playing the game 'as it should be' then sit back and quietly smile with satisfaction that 'exploiters' have 'ruined the game for themselves.' Otherwise you're just being accusatory because they're level 200 and you're not.

It might be time to stop playing the game, or stop posting to the boards if all you can muster is dirt to throw around at your fellow community members. I don't even treat clan people that way... (and they've got dirt on their faces to begin with
    I never said once that i want her banned.

I said i don't feel sorry for her being bored that she is lvl200 now and has nothing to do.

I commented on the fact that she admits to doing a xp gain through her lvls that she concedes could be classified as exploiting.
    Again this is fine with me.
    The thing that really gets me steaming is that a person who ruined the game for herself by lvling to 200 so quickly has the audacity to say that because there is no upper lvl content that there needs to be lvl caps on weapons and armor. (which doesn't even effect her.)
    Last edited by Soccom; Mar 22nd, 2002 at 20:59:12.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by ImaGideon

Geez !

Couldnt agree more
    NT phone HOME!!

Oi! ALMOST everyone. I've never (to my knowledge anyhow) used any of the 'abuses of game mechanics', or dubious tactics, or exploits. Not even treatment-stacking . Mainly because I either couldn't afford to buy implants that would need it, or because I've got enough Treatment anyway .

*Dons her Keelar shades and strolls off to the moral high ground*

Lonely up here

Funny post

Kinda funny post.

I dont like OE, any form of it. Enuff said.

The sh!t about exploiting is funny too. Curious why 90% of replies are trolls against needlz? You could have started a newtopic for that.

I just want to state that traders WILL own pvp hands down.

/me wonders when the nerfs will stop, and the game can begin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Needlz

Itburnz:
    I'll take that as a compliment =P And as you know the dislike is mutual.

Unfortunatly i'm omni again so you have to meet me in the arena - AFTER 14.2 ! I will try to make it very painful for you! :P

Regards,
    Itburnz

Re: Overequipping and what ppl don't seem to get about it

Originally posted by Needlz

Now don't think of this as a nerf (All ppl who don't have the resources to OE won't think of it that way anyway), and don't think of me as the big bad Lev 200 that has everything (i mostly play a 82 Enforcer now whose highest piece of equipment is a QL115 Native Alloy Staff she bought with her own funds. And yes i know i wouldn't be able to use it with my rules in effect, but i'm cool with that).
    Think of it as a problem that concerns us all (as players) and FC (as they can't keep it under control). Something has to be done about OE, its THE biggest problem of this game.
    I think that fits together!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=16886

Big hug from Bettyblue x)
    142 Doc

BTW: Have you seen a sign outside "Dead Needlz's Storage" ??? Guess not. So please stick on topic and do your ****ty flamewars on ingame chat!
    Last edited by Wallece; Mar 26th, 2002 at 15:06:59.

Okay this post really pisses me off...

the leve cap is crap I'm level 28 engineer with ql 30 implants made myself and i self cast a ql 46 bot yeah 46 self cast and I'm not uber twinked everything i did i did myself. No traders need no mp's no doc yeah just me. AND JUST MY MONEY.

You dont think a lvl 137 could find a ql 200 beam... no a lvl 63 enforcer and an awsome team in the same level range found a ninja driod and barely kicked it but we looted a ql 174 Helm...

Tell me a lvl 137 and about another 15 budies couldn't go out and strategicly get a sandworm or two. Yes I know what they hit for but two teams rooting and hitting from afar with a couple of high hp melee guys in and hitting with challenger on for up to 2k easy.

My 63 enf could self equip a ql 151 beam that I bought with my hard earned money. I have some high level freinds but I dont ask em for much if anything. So simply put the OE issue would be helped out significantly if FC would put in some other ways to pull cash out of the system. And make weapins and armor degrade over time if it was over-equiped.

I agree with the original poster!

I agree with the original poster.
    Overequipping is the biggest problem for this game in the long run.
    Bugs come and go, but if the overequipping isnt solved people get boored and leave much sooner than you think.
    There is no reason to level up anymore when you already can use the top most equippment in the game at lvl 130.
    Id guess the casual gamer rather will restart and play another up to this level.. and maybe another...
    But sooner or later he gets boored. And since he doesnt see any reason to hit lvl 200 because there isnt any more in the game.. why bother..

We need more No drop equippment, lvl restrictions on equipment and the suggested ideas from Patch 14.2
    All these together might help out and make this game better.
    Let us not end up with no player base over lvl 140.

Let me have some equippment to look forward to be using even at lvl 190.

Chtuga

Actually, you are completely off base on alot of issues.

Overequipping is only a problem because the way item mechanics exist in the game. Overequipping would not be a problem if there was not a drastic difference between quality levels. A q200 version of a Nova Flow should not fire out a beam of energy that does 20 times the damage of a rusty one. Seriously, if you went to a store and bought a brand new Colt Anaconda 44 magnum handgun, and you found a rusty version lying in some ditch (EXACT SAME MODEL), and you fired a bullet from each, can you honestly convince me that the brand new gun is going to be 20x as effective???? 2x, 3x max!

The only difference attack rating actually makes in this game is whether you hit for critical, normal, or minimum damage. The type of damage you do with a weapon should be more skill dependant, and less QL dependant. The same can be said for armor, place more emphasis on evasion skills, but leave battlesuits with crazy AC (so people will actually USE them again)

In order to let level 200's beat up on level 75 players, level 75 players need to be able to pose some sort of danger to a q200. I'm not saying it should be a 50-50 fight, but when you walk into Central Artery valley and you see a q75 player, you should be 'wary' of him, he should pose a danger (albeit a minor one.) I remember back in the day 6-10 people in the level 80 range got jumped by 142 soldier Midvalley in 2ho (me namely, I survived the alpha strike just barely.) While 6-10 people BEAT on him, he kept himself alive with first aid, meanwhile I was struggling to stay up while getting multiple heals. He took off his battlesuit, switched to sleekblasters, started putting on normal armor, and he was barely getting scratched. It wasn't until some 120 omni soldier came in that dropped him to half life with alpha strike that he fled to the wompah. That's NOT fair PvP. Overequipping has balanced that aspect a bit.

But again, the problem lies in the game mechanics... why not go at the problem at the source rather then offer 'mickey mouse' solutions?

Overequipping is ONLY ridiculous because of the drastic difference in QL's (which are completely absurd to being with.) Solve that, and suprise suprise, all OE issues fade away.

I'm not particularly fond of stupid solutions to stupid problems.

Lodrin
    116 Doc
    OmniTek

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123